The Dark Knight Rises Villains you most want to see in sequels? (Post fan art if yee wish)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yrik said:
The Riddler

He just seems like the *perfect* wimp character with more power than people imagine. He's obviously a nervous wreck, and he only gives his witty cutting (yet very intelligent) remarks far away from threat (ala David Spade). He'd be the guy Batman doesn't bother trying to get done with very quickly - he's an old eccentric businessman who wears a dark green suit and bowler hat, with a '?' cane----not too dangerous. But he's the brains of Gotham, and Batman interrogates him if he needs information....I also like the previously stated idea of him being a "human lie-detector."

To be honest, he is the only villain I really want to see on screen--done correctly. Jim Carrey could've been great in the role, but under a director like Chris Nolan. Joel Schumacher ruined an otherwise memorable performance with his over-the-top homosexual bag of crap dressed in spandex.

I think and this is a bit of a stretch, but David Hyde Pierce would be a good Riddler. Look at his character Niles on "Fraiser" he was a big wimp, but was witty and intelligent.

Pierce would be great...got the looks, voice, attitude, talent to pull off The Riddler.

i'll give you everything but voice for Riddler.
he sounds too soft. watch Hellboy, and listen to him voice Abe Sapien - he sounds intelligent but way too soft.

unless we're going to go with the TLH/DV version of Riddler here?

I want to see The Riddler, portrayed darkly as well. I think with villains it's more important for the actor to have a bit of themselves in the part. That's why for casting. I would worry less about looks other than age, and look for a talented actor who does crossword puzzles or soduku in his spare time. Riddler is a high risk/high reward villain, and I think the actor would need to see a little bit of himself in the role.

i recently saw ALL of American History X, and he scared me...:(:up:
he could be great in the role.

I just see Nolan going with a smaller name for The Riddler. What about Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He did an excellent acting job in Match Point. But can also do action, as seen in MI:3.

he might be too pretty for Riddler.
but then again, Cillian Murphy is too pretty for Scarecrow....hmm....

tallsy_1 said:
I just see Nolan going with a smaller name for The Riddler. What about Jonathan Rhys Meyers. He did an excellent acting job in Match Point. But can also do action, as seen in MI:3.

I agree. Nolan most likely would not pick someone as well known as Norton for a role like The Riddler.

grabmygladys said:
Ed Norton would make a great Riddler!!

Actually, I wasn't convinced at first, but now that I've thought about it, he could probably play it really well, in a similar style to the animated series.:up:

Edward Norton I kind of wanted to see as The Joker like Tim Roth and Sam Rockwell. I don't know if I could see him as The Riddler, maybe a art manip would seduce me into saying "yes" but I think David Hyde Pierce would be the closest thing to the cartoon version of Riddler.

i couldn't see Norton as Joker.
nor could i see Tim Roth, despite all of the manips i've seen.

Rockwell i could see as Joker.

I'd also love to see Mr. Freeze done properly, with Christopher Lloyd as Freeze.

newwaveboy87 said:
he wasn't in Punisher....:confused:

I wasn't sure of the actor and I googled him up and the pictures looked like that guy in the recent Punisher movie. Sorry, yea it is the wrong guy...one picture he looked like the actor I was thinking of. :O

trustyside-kick said:
I wasn't sure of the actor and I googled him up and the pictures looked like that guy in the recent Punisher movie. Sorry, yea it is the wrong guy...one picture he looked like the actor I was thinking of. :O

You're thinking of Thomas Jane bub. ;) :unishr:

Tom Jane was hot in Punisher.

Eckhart was in Insomnia, Nurse Betty, Thank You For Smoking, and is in the upcoming Black Dahlia.

newwaveboy87 said:
Tom Jane was hot in Punisher.

Eckhart was in Insomnia, Nurse Betty, Thank You For Smoking, and is in the upcoming Black Dahlia.

Than I cannot really judge on that actor since I have not seen him in action. Only thing I can go by is looks and I couldn't see him look-wise as Freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"