Villains.

the third act will probably be batman and the batfamily against a league of assassins

Talia! Full comic book style League of Assassins - maybe doing the whole Leviathan plot either here or in the future.

Man-Bat could work well if they adapt elements of Son of Batman's plot. I'd also like to see some of Morrison's other villains show up like Lord Death Man or the Flamingo.

Yeah, I'm also thinking Talia and the League of Assassins as the main villains for this. Not sure if Ra's is going to pop up here, but it would be cool to see him too.

I do wonder if they are going to have Kirk Langstrom be forced to make an army of Man-Bat mutated League Of Assassins. That is what happened in the Grant Morrison Batman & Son.

Talia! Full comic book style League of Assassins - maybe doing the whole Leviathan plot either here or in the future.

Man-Bat could work well if they adapt elements of Son of Batman's plot. I'd also like to see some of Morrison's other villains show up like Lord Death Man or the Flamingo.
If they do Talia as a villain I'd hope they at least not make her as one dimensional as in the Morrison run.

I'd probably be too naive to expect a Talia that returns to the Denny O'Neil roots (even tho I think that's her superior incarnation across the comics and even the DCAU) but even if she's a villain I'd like her to be more complex. Meaning... don't have her having raped Bruce, don't portray her as an obsessive ex that spies on him on dates, and also don't make the way she raised Damian cartoonishly evil.

Have it be a real romance that was genuine on both ends that just didn't pan out. And her a complex person that ultimately ended up following the footsteps of her father because of her circumstances. Have a real connection and intimacy to exist between her and Bruce.

TDKR already pretty much did Morrison Talia. I want something more complex this time around.

Also. Everyone keeps talking about getting an ethnically accurate actress for Talia and I'd agree... but if they're just gonna make her a cartoony evil terrorist they might as well white wash her. Having the first middle eastern character thay serves a large role in a Batman movie be a one dimensional terrorist is something so dumb that even me, who generally doesn't care about this stuff, thinks would be in poor taste.

To be honest, I would do the classic Ra's/Talia/Bruce dynamic where its the hero going against the Bond villain with the Bond Girl being caught in the middle. Talia having a son with Bruce would also add to that dynamic. Let Ra's do the villain part. Full on Lazarus Pit immortal Ra's.

Besides, they already did the cartoonishly evil Talia in the third act of The Dark Knight Rises.

I never imagined Talia as a villain, I picture Deathstroke and Ra's trying to bring Damian back and Talia is trying to help

I think it’d be fun if Talia is the big bad. She, like Bruce, wants to rid the world of crime—but she teaches their son the ways of the League of Assassins.

Try to avoid a one-dimensional character but I think it’d be fun if BATB went full James Bond adventure. Fight Man-Bat ninjas across the globe.

I think it’d be fun if Talia is the big bad. She, like Bruce, wants to rid the world of crime—but she teaches their son the ways of the League of Assassins.

Try to avoid a one-dimensional character but I think it’d be fun if BATB went full James Bond adventure. Fight Man-Bat ninjas across the globe.
Wouldn't it be better to just use Ra's al Ghul for that or Simon Hurt?

I’d like to see Ra’s, sure, but I guess I’m just looking for a femme fatale vibe. I know Talia was in TDKR, but she wasn’t actually a villain until the finale reveal.

I’d like to see Ra’s, sure, but I guess I’m just looking for a femme fatale vibe. I know Talia was in TDKR, but she wasn’t actually a villain until the finale reveal.
I'm skeptical but I could be fine with her being a villain as long as she's actually complex and not a rapist murdering walking stereotype. She'd basically have to be written entirely different than how she was in Morrison's run in order to work and not become really forgettable/boring.

I love Simon Hurt, and I'd die if they ever used him as a major villain, but I think as a concept he might just be a little too out there for general audiences. Just don't think he's very marketable.

Ra's al Ghul is more the classic James Bond type of villain. Much more palatable.

Well in the spirit of the Morison run, perhaps include some of the weird ones like Professor Pig or Mr Toad or whatever, and in the end, perhaps Talia and the League. I imagine we could get a Ra's vs Bats sword-fighting flashback as well.

Red Hood for a sequel.

Deathstroke, Talia and the League of Assassins.

Talia / Ra’s, League of Shadow Assassins, Heretic, Man-Bat, and an intro villain like Professor Pyg & Mr. Toad.

If they’re going to more or less adapt the Morrison run, make Ra’s the primary antagonist of this one, Simon Hurt the antagonist of the sequel, and Talia the antagonist in the threequel.

Last edited:
The fantastical villains.

Talia/Ra’s, Man-Bat, Killer Croc, Bane, Firefly, Clayface, Mr Freeze and Poison Ivy. Also, Scarecrow since we’ve already seen a realistic take on him in Batman Begins.

Would be weird to see two Scarecrows at roughly the same time since Matt Reeves is also doing his own version of him, right?

For this film, I can definitely see villains like Croc and Man-Bat showing up. I’m on board with most of you here. League of Assassins, Deathstroke, Red Claw, and Lady Shiva. Maybe some of the newer villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"