Vin Diesel is Groot!

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by obin_gam, Jul 18, 2012.

1. TeeKay Registered

Groot's "big" scene was really well done. Other than that scene, I didn't really have a connection to the character.

2. Whiskey Tango Registered

3. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Man Diesel owned this heartwarming role as Groot! I loved Groot in this film. (WE ARE GROOT) aww man I cried when he said it.

4. The Endless WE are Groot

Iron Giant and now Groot. What is it with Diesel and this heart warming creations?

5. Silvermoth Krakoan native

He's a much better actor than people give him credit for. Plus he seems like a really nice guy.

I loved Groot, he's just such a sweet optimist. My friends say I am like Groot. I'm kind of lanky and I'm always happy just to wake up in the morning lol. Oh sorry what I meant to say is my friends think...

"I am Groot"

6. baerrtt Registered

I love the idea that when it comes to pass despite being the lead of a successful franchise (THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS) Vin's most loved characters may end up being two he voiced in The Iron Giant and Groot.

7. horacethegrey Registered

Best character in the movie hands down. I have to hand it to James Gunn in making him so memorable. And big proops to Vin Diesel for his voicework and mocap.

8. james-in-cali Registered

It was a great delivery, got a little misty in the theater when he said it. When my wife ( who didn't want to see the movie at all) got out she said " I can't believe toretto made me cry!"

9. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Vin was great, him and the effects team really breathed life into the character.
    And he seems to have really embraced the role, what with showing up to the red carpet in stilts and a t-shirt that says "I am Groot":woot:

He didn't do the mo-cap, wasn't cast early enough. As I mentioned in the Rocket thread, I wonder if him and Cooper will do the mo-cap in the sequel or stick to the same method.

10. 3 Dev Adam I AM THE GREEN VENOM!

11. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Yes, he mentioned in various interviews that he only lent his voice to the character and other people played Groot or Rocket.

12. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Vin Diesel interview talking about the recording process and coming up with Groot's character arc/personality.

[YT]6J3lfQeiHhI[/YT]

13. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Apart from Captain America and all of his related characters, Groot is the oldest character Marvel has put onto the big screen.