Vin Diesel to Headline Kojak Feature Film

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98163

Vin Diesel has plans to headline a feature film adaptation of the hit '70s crime procedural Kojak, Deadline reports. Set up at Universal, screenwriters Neal Purvis and Robert Wade (Skyfall) have been brought aboard to provide the screenplay.

The original show, which ran on CBS from 1973 to 1978, starred Telly Savalas as NYPD Detective Lieutenant Theo Kojak, known for his penchant for lollipops and his catchphrase, "Who loves ya baby?"

Kojak has never before been brought to the big screen but a short-lived series reboot was attempted in 2005 with Ving Rhames in the Kojak role.

Diesel is also set to produce the feature version alongside Samantha Vincent.

I loved the old show, not sure Vin can pull the role off, Telly Savalas had so much charisma.

Its too bad MCD is dead because he could do a great Kojack. Who Loves ya Baby would be classic from his mouth.

Lets face it the only real actor suited for Kojack would be Willis.

Is Vin Diesel still relevant? :o

Only In The Fast Movies and Riddick I guess. He can't seem to carry or make a new good movie.

I will ofcourse check this out at some point but movies have to be very appealing to go on the theatrical list.

Vin Diesel has the bald look for the role, however I think he severely lacks the charisma for the role in my opinion. :o

If he plays Kojak like he played Jackie DiNorscio in Find Me Guilty, then yes, he does have the charisma for the role.

Shhh you hear that noise? It's the sound of thousands of facepalms.

The guy's last film made $620 million and his next one is getting an IMAX release, plus Fast 6 on the way. I think he's doing fine.

He's doing great if you look at Fast and Furious. I just meant he's a good actor and deserves better roles.

If they ever make another Grudge movie, then I want to see Vin Diesel take on Kayako.

Such a bizarre cinematic reboot to such a episodic TV show.

It would be like getting Helen Mirren to do a film version of 'Murder, She Wrote".

Kojak and Murder, She Wrote were big here in France.
At least it is not as lame as a Power Ranger/Voltron movie.

But that's comparing procedural shows vs. bombastic children shows. Different.

The show are differents but it is still the same thing, "they" want to bring to the big screen old and irrelevent TV Shows.

vin diesel as uncle fester in a new addam's family movie.

that's an automatic $250 million gross right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"