Vince McMahon restarted the Wrestling Thread and ruined it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh cry me a river.

The Rock looks the same in the ring as he has before. He was never a technical powerhouse a la Benoit or Bryan. He entertains.

If by the same he looked older, slower, and more roided up then maybe. Even some of his fans are saying it.

Can't cry you anything when Rocks tired old sh** is making me close my eyes and go to sleep. :funny:

You mean like Bryan jumping into Kane's arms last night? That didn't make him look like a fool at all. :whatever:

And that makes it ok for Dwayne to bury him? Gert real. If anything Bryans decline started when they brought Dwwayne back. Guys like him are being shoved down to card to make more time for Rock or to make Rock's returns look more funny to the marks.

Sure he has and now Rock is returning the favor at WM...which was the plan all along.

Returning the favor means burying the guy Cena put over in the process. The favor should have been Rock losing the first time. A Cena win isn't going to mean sh** at this point.

HAHAHA...what? How do you figure that? Are you saying there was a CHANCE that Cena might have submitted to one of Ziggler's multiple finishing-type moves? Well I hope so...but it didn't happen.

better than the chance of Rock doing the job to Ziggler or to ANYBODY not named Cena since Rock's hogging the spotlight from younger guys like Ziggler and going over everybody he works with. Yeah I'd say theres a better chance.

The Rock is being set up to job to Cena. C'mon man. This is all about putting Cena back on top.

And most people couldn't care less. A rehash to a tired assed match we've already seen a year ago where the win will do nothing for Cena. Cena never LEFT the top. Thats part of the whole problem.

This is nothing more than Cena getting his win back. Funny how Rock lovers NOW justify Cena being "back on top" when its a necessary evil to see their boy Rock get a title win. Thats the only reason certain people are even saying such a thing. The rest of us all know it.

So Cena works even harder to try and carry Rock's dead weight ass in the ring than he did last year only to get met with a chorus of boos at the end of Mania. Oh my! Can't miss ppv! :o

Yeah.... If anything, they will just have him saying that he's making good on Punk's promise to change the belt and finally debut the new design.

I like this idea, trash the old design, which is in turn trashing Cena as the POS is "his" belt.
Bring back the Winged Eagle and all is well again, that had class and history.

So Cena works even harder to try and carry Rock's dead weight ass in the ring than he did last year only to get met with a chorus of boos at the end of Mania. Oh my! Can't miss ppv! :o

I hope the WWE realizes this, and at least makes the match a Triple Threat.

Punk is the obvious third participant, but I would be very interested in seeing Sheamus work with the Rock at some point. Sheamus is good at getting matches out of fellow big men, he might be exactly what the match needs.

No matter what view anyone holds of Rock, it's a fact that he's clearly nowhere close to the athlete he was and that he's top heavy from roiding.

The end of the Rumble does nothing for nobody. Thats the sad truth. At WM29 Rock does the job he should have done a year ago and When Cena wins its the same old sh** and he may end up being hated MORE because of beating the Rock. No benefitting from it at all. At least if he had won last year they could have gotten it over with, moved on, and used that win down the road.

Cena vs Rock does nothing for anyone, Cena is as big a star as he is ever going to be, the only possible way this could be made to matter is if he turns heel in the process.

I wouldn't hate a heel Cena, if he went back to Basic Thuganomics.

I don't understand why Rock is roiding now, of all times in his life. Without the juice he's already bigger than every other actor in Hollywood, he doesn't need artificial stuff to be an onscreen giant.

I wouldn't hate a heel Cena, if he went back to Basic Thuganomics.

I'd rather see him as a sellout corporate shill, like a *****ey combination of Barney Stinson, The Situation and rapper-era Brian Austin Green.

Not really that shocking is it? TNA actually tries to give everyone they can something substantial to do on tv. Even the crappy angles are attempts to give everyone a purpose. In WWE two main eventers get all the creative attention and everyone else is left to float around in the creative void aimlessly.

TNA has actually tried to build new stars in the last couple of years instead of relying on the same old stale main eventers, part timers, and nostalgia acts. Robert Roode is the best heel in the last couple of years and Aries is right behind him. Roodes title run MEANT something and its ending also served a grander purpose in the companys new direction. It wasn't just a short term job. Aries doesn't come out regurgitating the same old tired sh** on the mic every week. He's creative enough to actually mix it up and make something different yet amusing every time he steps in front of those cameras. And he can f***ing GO in that ring.

Sting and Angle are in SUPPORTING roles. Neither is worried about getting wins back or going over younger talent because they feel thhhreatened. Even the Hogan stuff doesn't usually END each and every show. The main events are ended with actual TNA title matches where younger talent gets a chance to shine. Hardy's not splitting the crowd in half as a face the way Cena does. Right now TNA has more creative options and diversity when it comes to which way they can go with Jeff Hardy's world title reign. Aries, Roode, Storm, Daniels, Ray, Styles, are all viable legit options as newer main event challengers with a little work to set up the feuds. Give me Roode and Storm over Barrett and Del Rio any day.

TNA has the slightly better midcard. The better womens division for sure. About the only thing WWE has on them right now is tag teams but Bad Influience is STILL the most entertaining single team between the two companies. Taras a more credible champion than most of WWE's champiosn right now male or female. You don't see Mickie James being buried with a godd*** leperechaun and a talentless bow legged pituitary case.

Keep in mind TNA does this with ONE show on US television a week. WWE has...what...FOUR shows on cable and broadcast networks in the States? Thats just f***n SAD. TNA is getting the W right now when it comes to the overall more entertaining product even if the ratings war isn't close. Anyone with an unbiased eye and an open mind could see that. In the long term what they are doing can only help them. They are laying a strong foundation.

I saw TNA in Manchester last Friday and I am not totally and utterly sold on them, I was a fan before but now even more so. They do seem to really love performing and putting on a good show.
Already booked my tickets for next years tour.

Seeing SmackDown in April and will be good compare how the two companies feel from live shows.

Which will fail because more and more fans dislike Cena every day. NY will explode with boo's when he wins.

148736_10151353299690415_371877744_n.jpg

If Del Rio was still a Heel I could maybe maybe see that happen but it would be highly unlikely WWE had Cena vs. Rock 2 at WM at Summerslam and you'd be a fool if you didn't think that.

I don't understand why Rock is roiding now, of all times in his life. Without the juice he's already bigger than every other actor in Hollywood, he doesn't need artificial stuff to be an onscreen giant.

Maybe he's hoping to try out for the role of Hulk in Avengers 2?

I'd rather see him as a sellout corporate shill, like a *****ey combination of Barney Stinson, The Situation and rapper-era Brian Austin Green.

I was thinking back to last year when he went back to that persona for one night. He went toe to toe verbally with The Rock, and left him sputtering. I liked that John Cena.

If by the same he looked older, slower, and more roided up then maybe. Even some of his fans are saying it.

Can't cry you anything when Rocks tired old sh** is making me close my eyes and go to sleep. :funny:

Good stuff there. Keep it coming. You've already cried enough in this thread, you'll probably sleep well tonight after you watch The Rock walk around with the belt. :yay:

And that makes it ok for Dwayne to bury him? Gert real. If anything Bryans decline started when they brought Dwwayne back. Guys like him are being shoved down to card to make more time for Rock or to make Rock's returns look more funny to the marks.

Oh yes, Bryan's fall from grace was caused by Dwayne. It had nothing to do with his cheesy Yes Yes Yes then No No No gimmick. Thanks for proving my point.

Returning the favor means burying the guy Cena put over in the process. The favor should have been Rock losing the first time. A Cena win isn't going to mean sh** at this point.

True. I agree, however it doesn't change the fact that this was the plan from when Dwayne first returned.

better than the chance of Rock doing the job to Ziggler or to ANYBODY not named Cena since Rock's hogging the spotlight from younger guys like Ziggler and going over everybody he works with. Yeah I'd say theres a better chance.

That cage match with Ziggler and Cena was one of the most over the top in quite some time.

Ziggler should've already been headlining. He's the best thing going in the ring.

I havent watched hardly any wrestling lately but reading the Rumble results the show went exactly how I expected it to play out when Rock first announced he was entering the Rumble last year after Mania.

Same old tired stuff :doh:

No matter what view anyone holds of Rock, it's a fact that he's clearly nowhere close to the athlete he was and that he's top heavy from roiding.

Can't even use the excuse of wear and tear in the ring because he hasn't even BEEN in the ring much in he last decade.

Cena vs Rock does nothing for anyone, Cena is as big a star as he is ever going to be, the only possible way this could be made to matter is if he turns heel in the process.

Its got to be as a destroyer/badass type of heel though. If he turned chicken***** heel to beat the Rock then that only goes further in making Cena look inferior.

WWE has f***ed up so bad a heel turn may be the only good thing to get out of it because Rock isn't good enough to do sh** by just jobbing. Even on the mic when he tried to put Cena over at the end of their last match he failed. I'm more convinced than ever that Cena should have won last year. It wouldn't have forced them to tinker with their booking across the board for a whole year just to fix the mistake. A mistake that affected the whole main event afterwards.

Could be age. Once you get past a certain age testosterone levels begin to go down. Its true for most men. If he's not on roids he's probably taking HGH. He REALLY got big for Pain and Gain and that just made him look worse in the ring from a performance standpoint. His body was so jacked up that he just couldn't move around as well.

Theres also the issue that if you do a lot of those types of performance enhancing drugs when you are younger you may need to take them when you are older to compensate. I think certain hormones can level down if you overdo it and not reach the natural level of production as well.

I hope the WWE realizes this, and at least makes the match a Triple Threat.

Punk is the obvious third participant, but I would be very interested in seeing Sheamus work with the Rock at some point. Sheamus is good at getting matches out of fellow big men, he might be exactly what the match needs.

I think just about everyone here hopes that happens. Without another realy athletic wrestler to provide more movment and action this rematch could end up being a real dog.

Would be great if Rock ate the pin and Punk regained his title. Even if it was some kind of elimination match Rock could lose to both Punk and Cena with Punk getting the final win. Cena pins Rock then Punk pins Cena. Both get wins back in a sense.

if Cena DOES win he needs to pin Rock. Punk would also need to pin Rock. Them pinning each other does nothing for either one. Punk certainly shouldn't be buried like that nor should Rock be protected in any kind of loss at this point. He's beat both of them. He needs to do the job to one of them himself.

This is really one reason the PPV outcome last night sucked. Punk and Cena both deserve better than jobbing to a part timer but only one of them could get the true victory over the Rock in a triple threat. Thats why this rematch blows. Its just a mess to deal with.

I don't think we have ever been in 100% agreement before. :up:

The sad thing was when it came down to the final 3 I actually found myself cheering for Roidback, because in that moment, even though I don't like him, the crowd were right behind him and had he thrown Cena out and won, it would have genuinely been a huge moment and a star making moment.

Instead we got Cena laughing at everybody, a guy who has been in the title match or on last for the last 8 Mania's even trying to act shocked and overcome with emotion is laughable, it was just another day at the office for him.

Sadly enough, I too found myself wishing Ryback would win...but Cena winning was inevitable. Its a testament to the WWE's current booking that people hate Cena winning a second rumble while no one had problems with Hogan/Michaels winning two and Austin winning three.

QFT. Couldn't agree more. The part in bold is interesting. I've joked a couple of times that maybe the reason Ziggler seems to job to Cena so much is because he had Nikki before Cena did. :hehe:

After reading about Tyler Reks' problems with Cena, and the Alex Riley rumors, I wouldn't put it past Cena.

Agreed. Ryback didn't deserve to even be in that spot. I'm sick of Cena but he and Ziggler have at least worked hard over the year. Really wish Ziggler could have won somehow. Having the case AND RR win could have made for an interesting WM buildup.

Well its true. Their mindset for most is "why reward them for working hard when we can get just as much hard work out of them for nothing?" They just let them continue on in the small hope that they might get some scraps. Look how Nattie is being misused now. And Beth before her. And Mickie before her. And Victoria before her. If you are a woman the only reason to go to the E is the paycheck. You won't be allowed do anything worthwhile in the ring.

Zack Ryder is THE example. Gets HIMSELF over...and WWE still buries him with that Cena/Eve/Kane ********.

The fact is WWE only pushes the people THEY want who fit their personal vision. Doesn't matter if they draw. Doesn't matter if they work hard. its about the company being over not the individuals.

Thats why Ryback gets all the attention and Ziggler still hasn't gotten a real chance yet. Guys like Ryback get top spots and pushes because WWE picks em to. As simple as that. No other reason matters to them.

Honestly, I find myself wishing that guys like Ziggler and Bryan would just go to TNA, even though the money wouldn't be as good.

Good stuff there. Keep it coming. You've already cried enough in this thread, you'll probably sleep well tonight after you watch The Rock walk around with the belt. :yay:

If by "crying" you mean not being a mark stuck in the past and being easily amused by old rehashes by a middle aged man trying to relive the glory days...

No I won't be "crying" in the traditional sense. My eyes will be too busy rolling because of Rock's badly scripted jokes meant to amuse 13 year old boys.

Oh yes, Bryan's fall from grace was caused by Dwayne. It had nothing to do with his cheesy Yes Yes Yes then No No No gimmick. Thanks for proving my point.

No you proved MY point. You cleaerly were't even watching the damn show around that period. Bryan was more over than just about anyone in the company. He was getting huge pops. YES broke out at a LA Lakers game for f***'s sake because the crowd thought Bryan had been screwed at Mania once. The WWE and their obsession with nostalgia acts is to blame for the misuse of talents like Daniel Bryan.

Try pulling something else out of your a**.

True. I agree, however it doesn't change the fact that this was the plan from when Dwayne first returned.

The plan sucked. Thats why WWE's awful these days. They don't have a clue.

That cage match with Ziggler and Cena was one of the most over the top in quite some time.

Ziggler should've already been headlining. He's the best thing going in the ring.

Maybe he would be if he wasn't haven't tv time stolen by a middle aged man obsessed with candy asses and old kids show characters from the 70's while reciting stale jokes from Clinton era television. The 90's ended HOW long ago? Let it go.

And a Rock mark shouldn't be talking about over the top considering some of the crap he's done in his wrestling career. His awful Wrestlemania hosting gig? How about his backstage skit with Mae Young? Boy that was a winner.

Here's a question for anyone...would you not mind Rock/Cena II if it had a stipulation or some gimmick match?

Here's a question for anyone...would you not mind Rock/Cena II if it had a stipulation or some gimmick match?

Frankly, in my mind that would make it worse. Unless it was steel cage, but anything else would take away from the purity of the confrontation.

Its got to be as a destroyer/badass type of heel though. If he turned chicken***** heel to beat the Rock then that only goes further in making Cena look inferior.

WWE has f***ed up so bad a heel turn may be the only good thing to get out of it because Rock isn't good enough to do sh** by just jobbing. Even on the mic when he tried to put Cena over at the end of their last match he failed. I'm more convinced than ever that Cena should have won last year. It wouldn't have forced them to tinker with their booking across the board for a whole year just to fix the mistake. A mistake that affected the whole main event afterwards.

Cena in balack SWAT gear as the leader of The Shield would be ideal, I'm sure he'd be booked strong as well, I mena it's Cena, the normal WWE ******** doesn't apply to him.

Exactly, 3 ****ing Mania's used up just so a 40 year old has been can job to a guy who is already as over as he will ever manage to be, genius!

Sadly enough, I too found myself wishing Ryback would win...but Cena winning was inevitable. Its a testament to the WWE's current booking that people hate Cena winning a second rumble while no one had problems with Hogan/Michaels winning two and Austin winning three.

I think it has reached the point with a lot of of fans where it's basically ABC, Anyone But Cena.

Electrified barbed wire ring ropes around an exploding ring, death match where no matter who wins both retire. I'd be interested then.

You forgot thumbtacks. And isopropyl alcohol.

I havent watched hardly any wrestling lately but reading the Rumble results the show went exactly how I expected it to play out when Rock first announced he was entering the Rumble last year after Mania.

Same old tired stuff :doh:

You didn't miss anything. If you want to see what Rock did go back and watch old youtube clips from twelve years ago.

Last night was the same old sh**. two steps back.

Jericho returned. One of the only plusses. Stevie Wonder could have worked on the announce team and called the action during Cena and Rocks big wins. Sight be damned...it was that predictable.

Honestly, I find myself wishing that guys like Ziggler and Bryan would just go to TNA, even though the money wouldn't be as good.

Part of me wishes they would. But if Ziggler just got a strong push he could do great things in WWE. So could bryan. The matches would be amazing in TNA though.

They really are wasting valuable time with Ziggler. If they wait too long it could damage him. The time these guys could physically deal with working on top in this day in age is limited because of the more high impact style. Every day is one wasted if WWE doesn't use them right.

If by "crying" you mean not being a mark stuck in the past and being easily amused by old rehashes by a middle aged man trying to relive the glory days...

No I won't be "crying" in the traditional sense. My eyes will be too busy rolling because of Rock's badly scripted jokes meant to amuse 13 year old boys.

That's a pretty small demographic. Are you sure about that?

No you proved MY point. You cleaerly were't even watching the damn show around that period. Bryan was more over than just about anyone in the company. He was getting huge pops. YES broke out at a LA Lakers game for f***'s sake because the crowd thought Bryan had been screwed at Mania once. The WWE and their obsession with nostalgia acts is to blame for the misuse of talents like Daniel Bryan.

Try pulling something else out of your a**.

YES is/was catchy. Just like Gangham Style. Carnac, your mind reading talents have reached epic proportions. All of those chanting YES at a LAKERS GAME were doning so because they thought he was screwed.

The plan sucked. Thats why WWE's awful these days. They don't have a clue.

Yep, that's why I don't watch...unless The Great One is in the house. Ziggler may keep me watching a while though.

Maybe he would be if he wasn't haven't tv time stolen by a middle aged man obsessed with candy asses and old kids show characters from the 70's while reciting stale jokes from Clinton era television. The 90's ended HOW long ago? Let it go.

The 90's ended about 13 years ago, but I'm sure you knew that as well.

Oh c'mon. You know you laughed at Cookie Puss. You wouldn't tell me though. At least you have the Rock's DVD if you want to do some eye rolling. There's good stuff in there.

And a Rock mark shouldn't be talking about over the top considering some of the crap he's done in his wrestling career. His awful Wrestlemania hosting gig? How about his backstage skit with Mae Young? Boy that was a winner.

Are we digging now because it really looks like we're digging?

Frankly, in my mind that would make it worse. Unless it was steel cage, but anything else would take away from the purity of the confrontation.

Exactly. A gimmick match would be just that. A gimmick. They shouldn't NEED that to sell a match at this point. Its become that damn pathetic. Jesus...Hogan and Warrior didn't even need a damn gimmick match to make it worth a damn. They just went out there and did it.

Watching two muscle heads like Rock and Cena lumber through some goofy match type would probably look hilarious. Especially since Rock will work safe and try not to get hurt because he has to go off and make movies the next day.

Even in a cage there is NO WAY he'd take the beating Undertaker and Triple H put themselves through last year. So really...what would be the point in Rock and Cena doing that kind of match? Just so we can watch them halfass their way through it?

See, I was thinking about a steel cage match. It could have been brought up that Cena was caught off guard while trying to perform the People's Elbow, so they both agree to take pins and submissions out of the equation and make it a steel cage match.

Electrified barbed wire ring ropes around an exploding ring, death match where no matter who wins both retire. I'd be interested then.

You forgot thumbtacks. And isopropyl alcohol.

Hah, so a deathly hardcore match. I don't know, Cena still might win unscathed.

Just so we can watch them halfass their way through it?

Didn't we see them halfass it in WM28, though? Why not just add something that'll at least make it more fun to watch, even if hilarious, for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"