DC TV Series Viola Davis in talks to star in Amanda Waller series (HBO Max)

Amanda Waller HBO Max series? Sign me up. Enjoyed her work in both 2016 Suicide Squad and in TSS. Haven't seen Peacemaker, but I'm aware she's in it. Either way, I'm on board and it's a nice way for Gunn to continue what he established in TSS and build out his corner of the DCEU.

giphy.gif

Honestly, I wouldn’t hate it if this was just a straightforward Suicide Squad series. There’s something about the “anybody can die” concept that just hits different in a series vs. a two hour movie.

It’s what made The Walking Dead so special before they decided there were a handful of characters that they would never kill under any circumstances.

They tapped the Watchmen writer for this and supposedly it's not a comedy. Gotta be Checkmate.

Season 2 of of Peacemaker can have him recruited into Secret Six. Cena's Peacemaker against Bautista's Bane.

Bautista as Bane seems almost too good to be true. And honestly, I’d prefer to see the character in Gunn’s corner of the DCU than seeing him in the Reeves-verse. I wanna see Matt start getting into rogues that we haven’t seen get the movie treatment before, so going right back to the last villain Batman faced in a solo film before Pattinson just wouldn’t cut it.

Hnnnnnngh.

Checkmate, perhaps…? With, I imagine, S2 of Peacemaker acting to set the whole thing in motion.

Oh man, I misread these headlines earlier in the week and thought they were just saying she was gonna appear in Peacemaker (I haven't watched it so I didn't know she was already in it), which I would not have cared about. But I am HERE FOR THIS! Especially with a Watchmen writer in charge. :mrk:

Down for this. Gunn and Viola redeemed Waller after David Ayer had her act like a moron and covered her in Double Dare slime. Excited to see what the Watchmen crew can do with her. I hope you guys are right about Checkmate.

Curious what kind of supporting cast she gets, beyond a few familiar faces from TSS/Peacemaker.

I wanna see King Faraday.

Also pleased to see Jeremy Carver in the mix. Been a fan since his Supernatural days.

Curious what kind of supporting cast she gets, beyond a few familiar faces from TSS/Peacemaker.

I wanna see King Faraday.

If my theory I posted about
the first “Justice League” film basically being an adaptation of “The New Frontier” pans out, maybe he could be introduced there.

This role just looks like it was tailor-made for Jeffrey Dean Morgan to play.
JDM certainly looks the part, but I feel like he’s way too young to be Kinnaman’s father.

Granted, you could say the same for his role on Supernatural, but still.

I am excited but also sorta don't like the idea of inevitably making Amanda Waller into a cool chessmaster again after her more impotent, unimpressive portrayal in The Suicide Squad which I liked far more and played into the points Gunn's TSS adjacent work is making.

Ultra competent evil government black ops chessmaster is boring to me, using all the Suicide Squad stuff as a satire of the CIA's violent incompetence is a lot more interesting and meaty.

Yes, she is the queen. Truly amazing accomplishment and I would watch her in anything (except another viewing of Ayer’s Suicide Squad, lol). Glad to see her leading a Waller series.

Give me an edited version of Ayer’s Suicide Squad that’s just Waller, pls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"