Viola Davis/Shonda Rhimes Team Up for 'How To Get Away With Murder'

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/abc...-with-murder-anthony-anderson-american-crime/
ABC has kicked off its new series pickups with a nod to its hottest pilots, How to get Away With Murder.

Legal thriller How to Get Away with Murder stars Viola Davis as the brilliant, charismatic and seductive Professor Annalise Keating who gets entangled with four law students from her class “How to Get Away with Murder.” Little do they know that they will have to apply what they learned to real life. Peter Nowalk wrote the script and is executive producing with Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers.
Considering the caliber of actress Davis is and what Rhimes has done for ABC over the past decade, I figured this was pretty much a sure thing. Curious to see what they cook up together.

Michaela, Wes, Laurel and Patrick are ambitious first year law students at a prestigious, cutthroat East Coast Law School where only the best students are given a shot at participating in real cases. They compete against each other at all costs for the attention of brilliant, charismatic, and seductive Professor Annalise DeWitt in Criminal Law 101 aka HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER. Professor DeWitt (Viola Davis) is a master litigator and invites all four of these students who want to work on a high profile murder case. She manipulates them into doing dirty legal legwork like seducing someone to gain insight in the prosecution's case, or digging up dirt to discredit the star witness. Wes even witnesses Annalise having an affair, and soon learns her lover is actually an unwitting pawn on the witness stand. She wins her case with ease and the students question just how far they are willing to go to earn a seat next to her in a courtroom on the next case. Although they know this formidable professor is dangerous, they will need her help, four months later, when they find themselves arguing out in the woods standing over a dead body. Now they are all entangled in a masterful, sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller from Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers, executive producers of Grey's Anatomy and Scandal.

Sounds intriguing, probably the show that interests me the most of the new ones set for this fall.

That was disappointing, I was hoping for a full trailer not a clip.

I assume trailers are on the way. We got trailers last year.

Dean Thomas has to work on his accent, though.

Gimme those trailers! I dont need to see an actual scene....yet.

Full trailer:
[YT]dbSl-SPyHtg[/YT]

Trailer so everyone outside of the states can watch

Last edited:
Obviously it's only a trailer but I thought it looked a bit lackluster, Viola Davis looks to be chewing up the screen though so I'll still be checking it out.

V4X4wDj.jpg

Every time I see a promo for this and Viola Davis says the words "How To Get Away With Murder", I need to see her play Amanda Waller a little bit more.

She would make a great Waller. Though I don't think they will be revisiting her in live action anytime soon.

This will be the first show I watch on ABC Thursdays since the failed Charlie Angels show.

You don't watch Scandal?

Why did I think you watched Scandal...

Nope never seen it. I may check it one day though. I have no idea, never talked about.

So anyone else tune in for this? I don't watch Greys anymore and never started Scandal so this is the only Shonda show I am tuning into at the moment.

It was enjoyable though I don't know how I feel about everyone she chooses just happen to go out and commit a murder.

It was enjoyable though I don't know how I feel about everyone she chooses just happen to go out and commit a murder.

Well not everyone. The other white guy she chose isn't involved (that we know of). Plus given who the victim is one can sorta see how those 4 get involved.

Very good pilot I can't wait for more, and it's nice to see the one black guy from Harry Potter doing things.

It's interesting. But I wonder if whats going on is all staged ? As one big lesson for the students. Not sure how it would work but hey. Its an idea

Either way I'm intrigued and the ratings were very good. Hopefully they stay that way. Shonda should be making major $$$ with 3 hit shows all back 2 back.

Heh, on second watch, I realized what they were doing with the Christmas song playing in the car. The flashforward takes place three months ahead of the pilot. The show premiered on September 25th.

Probably coincidence, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"