Virtua Fighter 5 (Merged)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** Sega!

VF4 and VF Evo are really at the top of the fighting game food chain when it comes to depth, complexity and sheer replay value. This game (and the PS3) will get my money even if it is the only good game available for the console for months to come.

Majin Boo said:
Me personally, I prefer DoA or Tekken series. The physics and movements of the characters in VF seem the same since VF1.

LOL...no

Very good. I'm neigh-untouchable at VF when it comes to playing with my friends. With online support, me and Brad can step it up a notch.

Well, I'm getting a PS 3 then. Eventually.

Virtua Fighter 4 really stepped up things for the beat 'em up genre when it came out for the PS2. A lot of the following games tried to emulate it's modes and customisations.

Virtua Fighter definately has more depth than any of fighting game out there.

1085259705602_Hell_Frozen_Over.jpg

hey yo its sean said:
I'm not hardcore enough to play VF4.
I am but I kept falling asleep while trying to play it.

Pfft!, your judgment is not required or requested.

Actually there seems to be prepensity in my family for skillz in fighters. My brother can kick almost anyones ass in Tekken with Hwarorang (and on a good day no one can touch me with Xiahou). I'm murder with MK: Deception, Kenshi is my guy. My sister can kick all kinds of ass with Soul Calibur 2 and 3.

But VF is still the same dead boring stiff work it's always been. VF4 was so uninteresting and hard to play I'm glad it was the freebie, I'll never pay money to rent that crap ever again.

Whoa, whoa. Harsh words, friend. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was "crap". I'll be the first to admit--VF is NOT for everyone. But from what I've seen, those who are really good in VF are usually phenominal in most other fighters.

Drakon said:
Whoa, whoa. Harsh words, friend. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was "crap". I'll be the first to admit--VF is NOT for everyone. But from what I've seen, those who are really good in VF are usually phenominal in most other fighters.

Yup, because precision and timing are a lot more strict and less forgiving in VF than in every other fighting game. Not to mention the fact that it is the deepest, most complex fighting game out there, bar none. Since I had to bust my ass mastering Akira (I usually play as Jacky, but he tends to be too easy and too powerful sometimes) so now I can pretty much dive into any other fighting game, pick any character, get down a few good moves and start kicking some serious ass. I got into a lot of fistfights with disgruntled players who've been practicing said games for weeks and here I am a couple of hours into the game and I am the one who's doing the trash talking.

Some people can be really poor sports...:D

Phaser said:
Yup, because precision and timing are a lot more strict and less forgiving in VF than in every other fighting game. Not to mention the fact that it is the deepest, most complex fighting game out there, bar none. Since I had to bust my ass mastering Akira (I usually play as Jacky, but he tends to be too easy and too powerful sometimes) so now I can pretty much dive into any other fighting game, pick any character, get down a few good moves and start kicking some serious ass. I got into a lot of fistfights with disgruntled players who've been practicing said games for weeks and here I am a couple of hours into the game and I am the one who's doing the trash talking.

Some people can be really poor sports...:D

I am the same way. I kick ass in VF [with Brad, mostly], and when I play anything else new, it takes me a match to get used to it, then I pwn. With VF5 having online support, I can finally take my skills to the next level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"