W A R L O C K - the big mystery | what roles does he have in the film?

Discussion in 'The New Mutants' started by psylockolussus, Oct 13, 2017.

1. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I am perplexed about his inclusion in the film especially we didn't see a glimpse of him in the teaser trailer. Discuss! :hmr:

2. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

3. Hypestyle Registered

Another day. I doubt he will be in part 2. Maybe part 3 or 4, if they go that far.
    I like him, but obviously there's a lot of risk. CGI effects would be expensive, motion capture actor needed to tolerate that routine--

also, heck, you'd be at risk of having another "jar jar" character depending on how juvenile you treated Warlock. His traditional speech pattern would kind of lend to this. You would likely need to "normalize" his speech to avoid that trap.

Also, depending on how vast of a power set you gave him, he'd be kind of an instant deus-ex machine in some respects, with the ability to transform into anything that can help them fight or fly away.

4. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

I want to see Magma and Cypher first before the Warlock.

5. CaptainWagner Searching (P)

The director confirmed he wants to add Warlock and Karma in a potential sequel.

6. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

But that could change.

Warlock was rumoured to appear in this film just because of Boone's new mutants Instagram uploads which hinted the characters that wiould appear in the film.

7. x-er Registered

Cypher would be cool. What issues is he in? (I'm still catching up)

8. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

He was last seen in All New X-Factor.

He debuted in New Mutants vol. 1 but was killed there before the comic ended. He was resurrected in New Mutants vol. 3 - which I fully read from start to finish.

9. x-er Registered

Legion as the antagonist ? nice!

10. psyonic X-Man

I thought he was in the movie, there was a super tall actor who filmed and I saw his IG account, don't remember what his name is but I'm pretty sure he's playing Warlock.

EDIT: Found him.. Dustin Ceithamer is his name, he has an IG account.

11. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

A cameo perhaps .

12. Ryan1210 Registered

I remember he said he's playing a supporting villainous character. Maybe the one with the mask in the trailer.

13. Smilodon Registered

He didn't say villainous iirc, just that he'd be playing a principal role. He's certainly not playing a cameo role, as he was on set for a significant, if not all of production.

He's a dancer though, he could be playing Demon Bear and or one of his manifestations. The movie obviously won't be having Native Americans attacking our characters so he could be playing a different manifestation.

14. Ryan1210 Registered

It's in another post.

15. x-er Registered

edit: wrong forum.

16. x-er Registered

could Warlock be another subject at the asylum?? I wonder if we'll see some cool cameos.

17. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

A cameo for Magma or Karma or both would be cool. But there's also no need to rush to introduce these new mutants.

18. x-er Registered

The bad blood between Selene and Magma have had since their origin story could make for a good debut in a sequel, no? Especially since they're focusing on five members' origins for now.

BTW, I am loving New Mutants vol. 3, I really like Cypher's ability to translate even body language, and his character overall. What I don't like is havnig four blondes on the team. Magik should stand out as a pale blonde here, so, it's great Fox made Sam a brunette. As for Magma, she could have some African or Incan roots since she's from an Ancient Roman colony that's been hidden in the Amazons, so, a somewhat olive skin tone with racial ambiguity would do, but blonde nonetheless. And Cypher could be any ethnicity, really.

#18 x-er, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  19. psylockolussus Merry Mutant

Hnmm their hair color didn't seem a problem to me. They look different from one another.

Like for the women, there's two blondes with different hairstyle, one brunette, one auburn and one with black hair. Then with guy two blondes and one brunette.