• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises Wacky Theories About TDKR Now Proven Untrue (SPOILERS)

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
As superhero geeks, we love to speculate. And then once in a while, we get these goofy rumors that crop up from various "insiders" that ultimately turn out to be totally bogus or mostly untrue. We've had them for each Batman movie, and this one undoubtedly had some great ones. What are some rumors you heard leading up to this film that you now know were a bunch of crap? Here are the ones I can think of:

Bruce Wayne is in a wheelchair after Bane beats him down.

The Lazarus Pit appears in the film.

Ra's al Ghul is behind everything and Batman fights him at the end.

John Blake's real name is Dick Grayson. He's an orphan that Bruce raised and later sent into the GCPD under a fake name to gather intel on criminals.

Gordon dies.

Batman dies.

There is a scene where Bane breaks the inmates out of Arkham but leaves the Joker (who we never actually see) in his cell.

Bane would torture and kill Alfred, and put him on a searchlight, for Gotham to see.

I read this somewhere and was actually horrified. :dry:

Yeah, I think I remember hearing that Alfred would die. But damn, that would have been awful! Glad that didn't happen.

Some "spoilers" I remember:

- Miranda/Talia kills Lucius Fox

- Bane kills Alfred in front of Bruce

- Foley is crooked, and murders Blake

- Gordon dies from his injuries in the hospital after telling Bruce that Batman must come back

- Gotham is completely leveled

- Bruce walks with a cane because of Bane giving him a beatdown

- Bruce recovers in the Lazarus Pit

- Ra's Al Ghul is still alive and behind everything

Pretty sure I saw the Lazarus Pit in the film I watched. Pretty sure Bruce healed himself in it. Maybe the term Lazarus was not used. But positive it was implied as it was a Pit....

Just Nolan making it with a touch of realism....

Last edited:
Pretty sure I saw the Lazarus Pit in the film I watched. Pretty sure Bruce healed himself in it. Maybe the term Lazarus was not used. But positive it was implied as it was a Pit....

Just Nolan making it with a touch of realism....

Yeah, that probably was a nod to the Lazarus Pit in the comics. But I remember there was a rumor way back when they started filming that an actual comic book-accurate pit would be featured, with healing liquid and all.

Bane would torture and kill Alfred, and put him on a searchlight, for Gotham to see.

Yikes. I'm glad that never came to fruition

from this site:

Tom Hardy is playing Hugo Strange

Joseph Gordon Levitt is playing.......

The one rumor I wanted to be true that never could have been, was that there would be a long montage set in the 8 yr gap of Batman fighting lots of classic villains.

And I was sure some "spies" said black mask was gonna have a cameo in this.

Actually, I think this would have been great (story-wise that is). I think that could have been an even better motivation for Bruce to get out of the pit and truly RISE as Batman to Gotham to kick Bane's ass.

-Blake is going to die the Departed style (something like that)

-Bane eating a steak in Wayne Manor :o

I had a theory Catwoman was actually Taliah Al Ghul in disguise. She was using a costume as a way of getting close to Batman.

I remember reading someone thought Bane would be Ra's brought back by the Lazarus Pit.

Some people were talking about Bruce's limp being psychosomatic and that he would overcome it by escaping the pit.

That rumor is actually more interesting than what we got in the final film. Not only is it more interesting from a story perspective, but it actually explains why Bruce doesn't limp after he escapes the pit.

I remember fighting tooth & nail that Batman would not die. The more spoilers that came out the more I pushed that ideal.

Then I found out that WB went to Nolan & told him not to kill him off or he would kill the franchise.

So, it was hard and arguments happened but in the end he lives :D .

a lot of these rumors actually would have been better than what we got.

The expectations of the movie were sky high. Oh well.

I was so certain Fox was going to die, and when that shot of him bracing himself against the ladder came up I almost shouted "I KNEW IT!" at the screen.

But then he survived.

The SWAT infiltration of Wayne Manor(never happened).

Bruce being locked up at GCPD(instead, we got him in the prison Pit).

At one time or another, Blake, Gordon, Fox, Alfred and Bruce were all rumored to die. None of that happened.

That the black tumbler was back (we never saw it, but people stalking set swore they did).

That Ben would build rocket.

Eddie Murphy is playing Cher!!!

Some I remember off the top of my head:

- The Pit is in Gotham

- Alfred dies in an explosion

- Lucius gets killed by Bane

- Bane is really Ras Al Ghul

- Blake gets shot in the head at the Town Hall

John Blake is Robin.

Oh wait... :o

Even as a non-theory the scene and idea was wacky.

John Blake is Robin.

Oh wait... :o

Even as a non-theory the scene and idea was wacky.

Lol this is the one I thought was most far out of them all to actually happen. But I have to say the way they pulled it off was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadlyDrawnKano
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"