Wait Til They Get A Load of Us: The Villains Thread

Celebrity gif. An extremely close up shot of Kenan Thompson with only his expression showing as he scrunches up his face in a questioning, are-you-sure manner.

I'm not gonna lie, seeing Batman jam that adrenaline shot into his leg on my fifth rewatch just now made me want to see a version of Bane in that universe adapted in a very, very similar way, that way we still get the visual of him pumping himself full of juice before a big fight.

I'm not holding my breath for seeing him here since he was such a major component of Nolan's final chapter, nor do I feel like he's the TYPE of villain who would fit this creepier world the best, but I certainly wouldn't say no to at least hearing a pitch.

There's no villain I'd be particularly 'mad' about if Reeves announces them for Part 2 but I would be disappointed if we don't see Selina Kyle returning. The only way I'll be agreeable to that is if they give Zoe her own HBO Max spin-off or film--it's been twenty years since Catwoman (2004). Let her carry her own solo flick again and, this time, do it right.

I'd love to see an adaptation of Catwoman vol. 2 by Darwyn Cooke -- "Crooked Little Town."

After Catwoman steals from Roman Sionis in the opening scenes (harkening back to classic Catwoman stories / comic panels), Black Mask's empire begins to unravel and causes unintended consequences throughout Gotham City--including Selina Kyle's old neighborhood in Gotham's East End. Her friend Holly Robinson gets caught up in a mess with some of Mask's corrupt GCPD stooges and Selina has to return home to help her friend and set things right, ultimately putting her on a hero's journey where she learns to become self-less & adopt the title of protector for Gotham's East End. Along the way, she teams with washed-up private investigator Slam Bradley, who has his own spotted history with the GCPD, and Dr. Leslie Thompkins.

Then, in a sequel, you could co-opt more stories from the same Cooke run. This time, replace Sylvia Sinclar with a more notable DC Comics femme fatale--Jade Nguyen, Chesire. In the comics, Sylvia and Selina knew each other in their youth & were partners in crime. After one run-in with the law, Selina manages to escape but Sylvia/Jade is caught. Selina didn't know how to handle the incident which led to Jade's resentment, feeling that Selina abandoned her. This would eventually led to Black Mask's sadistic torture of Selina's sister & brother-in-law, though, if Mask is already dealt with in the first movie/season, you could further tweak the specifics here.

I'm surprised no one else (to my knowledge) has caught onto this but um.........Carmen Ejogo's character in The Penguin is named Eve Karlo. And with that information I think it's safe to say we know who our next Bat-baddie is, at least one of them.

I'm surprised no one else (to my knowledge) has caught onto this but um.........Carmen Ejogo's character in The Penguin is named Eve Karlo. And with that information I think it's safe to say we know who our next Bat-baddie is, at least one of them.

I have. She’s the woman that is all over Penguin in the trailer. Though, you can’t just claim that it’s safe to say that one of the next “Bat-baddies” is seemingly Clayface, because of a simple name drop. There’s no known information about Eve as well as other characters at the moment.

I have. She’s the woman that is all over Penguin in the trailer. Though, you can’t just claim that it’s safe to say that one of the next “Bat-baddies” is seemingly Clayface, because of a simple name drop. There’s no known information about Eve as well as other characters at the moment.
To be fair, a long standing rumour that Clayface is the villain and somehow set up in Penguin then a supporting character having the same very distinct last name is highly suggestive.

To be fair, a long standing rumour that Clayface is the villain and somehow set up in Penguin then a supporting character having the same very distinct last name is highly suggestive.

Just for speculation sake, I just noticed this :

“Eve” is in the Bible, the first woman ever created. And even if it wasn't the case for her, her husband Adam was made of...clay.
Could this woman be the first creation or alias of a future Clayface?

At this point, I'm all for it. There've been rumblings of him appearing in the Reevesverse since 2022, and while you can certainly probably just chalk that up to conjecture, Penguin's been in development and production for over 2 years now.

Obviously that's just me spitballing, but at this point it's clear to me that this is happening FR fr. And as much as I personally wanted Freeze in my own personal little reality of the Reevesverse, he's technically already been done before. The reason Clayface is such a cool choice to my friends and I is because he's 100% different, he's singular, he's a character Reeves can call all his own.

True, a suggestion could be made. I’m saying that it’s not safe to say that Clayface is the/one of the villains. For example: The first film set up the origin for Hush. There’s also no D.A. thanks to The Riddler. There’s possibly other villains that could be introduced in The Penguin’s show. The only thing know about Eve at the moment is her last name. The story could still go in various directions at this point.

However, I do wonder how Clayface could be reinvented for this saga. My main 3 concerns would be:

1. What can be done to make Clayface unique and appealing without making him too unrecognizable to his fans?

2. How would his story tie into the current events?

3. What could his motivations possibly be in order to push the story to a climax?

True, a suggestion could be made. I’m saying that it’s not safe to say that Clayface is the/one of the villains. For example: The first film set up the origin for Hush. There’s also no D.A. thanks to The Riddler. There’s possibly other villains that could be introduced in The Penguin’s show. The only thing know about Eve at the moment is her last name. The story could still go in various directions at this point.

However, I do wonder how Clayface could be reinvented for this saga. My main 3 concerns would be:

1. What can be done to make Clayface unique and appealing without making him too unrecognizable to his fans?

3. What could his motivations possibly be in order to push the story to a climax?
These are all mainly my friend's ideas, but:

1. They can go about the shapeshifting aspect by just literally making him a master of disguise. Tons of prosthetic makeup expertise, wigs, etc.

2. If I had to tie him into the events of the first film somehow, he's probably fallen on hard times because of the flood. Maybe it killed one of his projects, something like that.

3. He's most likely motivated by fame, greed, and glory. Desperate for money since the character is usually portrayed as a struggling down on his luck actor trying to make it big. So my friend and I would have him frame Bruce to set the main plot in motion, whether he's doing it himself or hired by someone else. And as for what he gets out of it: Bruce's wealth, his riches, his life. Everything Karlo doesn't have.

I’m not sure there’s enough Clayface fans to worry about and also Clayface is just straight up multiple characters with the same name and vaguely similar gimmick in the first place. People can get pissy if it’s the Golden Age version (and they will) but that’s a valid version of the character that already exists.

These are all mainly my friend's ideas, but:

1. They can go about the shapeshifting aspect by just literally making him a master of disguise. Tons of prosthetic makeup expertise, wigs, etc.

2. If I had to tie him into the events of the first film somehow, he's probably fallen on hard times because of the flood. Maybe it killed one of his projects, something like that.

3. He's most likely motivated by fame, greed, and glory. Desperate for money since the character is usually portrayed as a struggling down on his luck actor trying to make it big. So my friend and I would have him frame Bruce to set the main plot in motion, whether he's doing it himself or hired by someone else. And as for what he gets out of it: Bruce's wealth, his riches, his life. Everything Karlo doesn't have.

Those are some good points. I can see the “Master of Disguise” angle happening. I don’t particularly see him being a movie star that’s down on his luck though.

Much like Riddler’s origin was changed from a con artist like in his first appearance to a forensics accountant, I don’t think that Basil being an actor matters. Especially if we’re getting more of a golden age version.

Let’s just say for now that Eve is related to Basil (which is more than likely). After watching the trailer, I could see that him being either a rival mob boss or maybe Eve is killed and that pulls Basil into the story. Though, that could fit other mob boss characters as well. As for your plot, that is the same plot as one of Hush’s stories. I mean, it could possibly work if something different is done with Hush ( if Matt continues to build his story).

I’m not against Clayface of course. I’m actually interested in a new take on the possible golden age version. I just like to hear multiple ideas from people with different perspectives that would make sense for the trilogy as a whole.

Those are some good points. I can see the “Master of Disguise” angle happening. I don’t particularly see him being a movie star that’s down on his luck though.

Much like Riddler’s origin was changed from a con artist like in his first appearance to a forensics accountant, I don’t think that Basil being an actor matters. Especially if we’re getting more of a golden age version.

Let’s just say for now that Eve is related to Basil (which is more than likely). After watching the trailer, I could see that him being either a rival mob boss or maybe Eve is killed and that pulls Basil into the story. Though, that could fit other mob boss characters as well. As for your plot, that is the same plot as one of Hush’s stories. I mean, it could possibly work if something different is done with Hush ( if Matt continues to build his story).

I’m not against Clayface of course. I’m actually interested in a new take on the possible golden age version. I just like to hear multiple ideas from people with different perspectives that would make sense for the trilogy as a whole.
I feel like Basil being an actor definitely matters, ESPECIALLY since the Golden Age version is essentially an ode to old school movie monsters. Even his name is a nod to Boris Karloff and apparently Basil Rathbone.

I'm not necessarily sure you still have the same character if you change his occupation, it's not like Riddler where being a forensic accountant is well within his skillset and characterization, making you wonder why nobody had done it yet. He doesn't even have to be a film actor per se, he could just be a theatre actor a la Phantom Of The Opera.

I feel like Basil being an actor definitely matters, ESPECIALLY since the Golden Age version is essentially an ode to old school movie monsters. Even his name is a nod to Boris Karloff and apparently Basil Rathbone.

I'm not necessarily sure you still have the same character if you change his occupation, it's not like Riddler where being a forensic accountant is well within his skillset and characterization, making you wonder why nobody had done it yet. He doesn't even have to be a film actor per se, he could just be a theatre actor a la Phantom Of The Opera.

Actually, he could be a deformed movie buff/theatre actor that used to work at the Monarch until the Wayne murders. This way, the story could shed more light on Bruce’s traumas. Especially if Basil was performing the night of the murders.

Though, I’m not sure who he would go after or even what could be used to inspire his character. Unless Eve is his sister and something happens to her in the Penguin series. Sure, Phantom of the Opera could be one. Maybe Jack the Ripper could be another….

Maybe Clayface could take his victims to a muddy terrain. It could lead Batman to saying “You don’t get it. This isn’t a mud hole. It’s an operating table”. I can imagine a shot of Clayface coming up from the mud. Revealing his deformed face. A sort of nod to the monster version.

It’s not enough to really bring the saga to a climax. Though it would be interesting to see. I still believe Two-Face is the best option for that at the moment.

Actually, he could be a deformed movie buff/theatre actor that used to work at the Monarch until the Wayne murders. This way, the story could shed more light on Bruce’s traumas. Especially if Basil was performing the night of the murders.

Though, I’m not sure who he would go after or even what could be used to inspire his character. Unless Eve is his sister and something happens to her in the Penguin series. Sure, Phantom of the Opera could be one. Maybe Jack the Ripper could be another….

Maybe Clayface could take his victims to a muddy terrain. It could lead Batman to saying “You don’t get it. This isn’t a mud hole. It’s an operating table”. I can imagine a shot of Clayface coming up from the mud. Revealing his deformed face. A sort of nod to the monster version.

It’s not enough to really bring the saga to a climax. Though it would be interesting to see. I still believe Two-Face is the best option for that at the moment.
I wouldn't go the deformed route at all, considering they're already doing it with their take on The Joker and that could make it difficult for him to pull off various disguises depending on the severity.

I wouldn't go the deformed route at all, considering they're already doing it with their take on The Joker and that could make it difficult for him to pull off various disguises depending on the severity.

Interesting. Is there anyone you have in mind that you would like to see as Clayface?

Interesting. Is there anyone you have in mind that you would like to see as Clayface?
My big dark horse pick is Bill Hader.

Failing that, I'd love Matt Dillon, Viggo Mortensen, Jesse Plemons, Christopher Abbott, Guy Pearce, Jude Law, maaaybe Michael Fassbender.

If it's Mark Strong then.....meh. I'd warm up to it but to me he's no Lon Chaney (who was reportedly one of the original inspirations), plus this is his third big DC thing where he's playing a big villain. I'd MUCH rather have new blood, but if I had to choose then he's Hugo Strange/Roman Sionis material to me, or even that Rex Calabrese character Oswald talked about in the first teaser. But with that being said.....I can't rule it out.

Failing that, I'd love Matt Dillon, Viggo Mortensen, Jesse Plemons, Christopher Abbott, Guy Pearce, Jude Law, maaaybe Michael Fassbender.

If it's Mark Strong then.....meh. I'd warm up to it but to me he's no Lon Chaney (who was reportedly one of the original inspirations), plus this is his third big DC thing where he's playing a big villain. I'd MUCH rather have new blood, but if I had to choose then he's Hugo Strange/Roman Sionis material to me, or even that Rex Calabrese character Oswald talked about in the first teaser. But with that being said.....I can't rule it out.

Those are some pretty wild choices. Seems like you put a lot of thought into it though. I’m pretty open to just about anyone for Clayface. I agree with you on Mark Strong for sure. I think he’d make a great Black Mask.

Last edited:
Something interesting about Eve is that an old casting call said she has "the uncanny ability to make even the shadiest criminals feel genuinely seen." That's probably why Oz likes her, but I wonder if somehow this connects with Basil Karlo (If he's really in the series)

I’m still liking Austin Butler for Clayface

I’m going to throw out a wild card. It could be for Clayface, Scarecrow (even though I have someone else in mind), or another major villain.

Edward Norton!

I don’t know why he never really crossed my mind. Maybe because he was always a huge Riddler fan cast. I feel like this version of Batman would be a perfect fit for him.

IMG_4747.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"