Wallpaper, but this is what S/B #25 cover will look like

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Superman/Batman #25:

Superman_Batman_25_1280x1024.jpg

I that Superman's cape or his hankerchief?
:)
It looks really small.

Myx and Bat-Mite...awesome. Looking at that pic, though...they should have put Lex where Darkseid is.

Man, McGuiness's artwork has improved leaps and bounds.

I like the way he has given Supes and Bats subtley different body types and there a hint of Kevin Nowlan in there (which is always a good thing).

Dammit am I going to have to start buying this series again? :(

Im a big McGuiness fan. This looks great.

Ben Urich said:
Dammit am I going to have to start buying this series again? :(
Wait until Mark Verheiden is on the book. I'm pretty sure Loeb's writing has continued to be pretty mediocre/crappy.

McGuinness is always great though...if you like McGuinness. :o

CConn said:
Wait until Mark Verheiden is on the book. I'm pretty sure Loeb's writing has continued to be pretty mediocre/crappy.

Aren't we the negative nancy?

I've been with the book since the beginning and loved it every step of the way. I find this essential reading for anyone who likes the characters of Batman and Superman and likes seeing them work together.

They are really the worlds finest heroes, and this is the worlds finest book.

I love the cover as well, I already have it as my wallpaper.

Even if you've never read the book, make sure you pick up issue 26. You will never see a book like it again

CConn said:

Yeah im pretty sure Loeb wasnt worrying about his son dying or anything and wrote mediocre stories on purpose.:rolleyes:

Have you been reading the same Superman/Batman? I haven't read a mediocre story yet.

Everyone just tries to compare this book to The Long Halloween, or For All Seasons. This is still a great book on its own merits. I love the character interaction, and the stories.

Purple Man said:
Have you been reading the same Superman/Batman? I haven't read a mediocre story yet.

Everyone just tries to compare this book to The Long Halloween, or For All Seasons. This is still a great book on its own merits. I love the character interaction, and the stories.

The thing is, the book was pretty grounded for the Public Enemies and Supergril arc. Then it took this weird trun where they were time travelling and alternate dimensions, some people are into that stuff, and others arent.

With a Vengenace has the same idea. It deals with alternate histories but the difference is that some of them are well known universe we know of like the "Red Son" universe and a Tim Drake instead of Terry Batman Beyond universe. A world where the most male heroes in the world are now female (which I believe is based on a Sliders episode).

At this time, the current story arc (which enmds this week according to Loeb) is ending with one more issue. If people are skipping this arc because of the alternate universe setting, I can understand. But I know you guys will get the #26 issue because of the Sam Loeb storyline there.

Purple Man said:
Aren't we the negative nancy?
Not really. :confused: You expect me to think every book that comes down the pike is just dandy? I said the book was mediocre, I didn't declare war on anybody.
Darthphere said:
Yeah im pretty sure Loeb wasnt worrying about his son dying or anything and wrote mediocre stories on purpose.:rolleyes:
Did I say anything against Loeb himself? It's perfectly understandable why his stories have been subpar since his son's illness and eventual death. Don't assume. It makes an ass out of u and, well, just u. :(

Though Lex hasn't been anywhere to be seen in the current story.

I agree if it were just an art piece Luthor would have more right to be there than Darkseid.

CConn said:
Did I say anything against Loeb himself? It's perfectly understandable why his stories have been subpar since his son's illness and eventual death. Don't assume. It makes an ass out of u and, well, just u. :(

Thats funny since you assumed he was still writing mediocre/crappy stories. Ironic. Take your own advice.:up:

i still dont get this arc but for some reason i like it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"