Walt Disney acquires Lucasfilm

I hope to God this means we'll get the original cuts on BluRay somewhere down the line now that Lucas is gone.

Agreed. Though I still love him for what he gave us and never will forget (OT's of both franchises I mean lol) I'm very glad he is gone now. Give it to actual film makers.

ESB is my favorite film. I love the OT. But seeing how much others have got out of the series in video game, books and comics, I can't wait.

Broadcasting and distribution only. Production rights all belong to Lucasfilm LTD.

So, yeah it could be moved over.

I thought so. I remember there being a big deal being made early on that they could air the show on multiple channels from the get go.

I just hope Disney embraces the EU whole-heartedly. GL says he always envisioned Star Wars having a life without him, and it has... then he took the popularity of the EU in absence of new movies and realized he could make more movies with nee tech to get his vision on screen and shat all over the EU. Especially recently. I'd hope Disney takes a different path. Through the prospect of Eps 7-9 scares the hell out of me because of this, because GL will be creative consultant and because there's already a rich story for the heroes of the OT up to 25 years after ROTJ. The last few stories have been pretty bad though.

Does CN own the rights to the show? I am pretty sure it could be moved over.

I'm not sure. Maybe it can be moved over, but it was really because of Lucas that the Clone Wars were the main thing explored. I expect a new series under a different direction for XD. As you know, here's so much to explore in the SW universe, not just the events surrounding the Clone Wars. I hope Disney takes advantage.
Yes.

They own all of Lucasfilms and it subsidiaries. So, yes they now own ILM.

Damn straight.

Wow, so I wonder if Paramount will collaborate with Disney when they need someone to do their Transformer movies. I'm also thinking that Marvel's visual effects for the majority of their movies will be from ILM.

xFAw4.jpg

I want see Marvel doing Star Wars comics again, and Marvel Studios making Star Wars Ep. 7.

i'll be honest I don't really give a **** unless we get an Indian Jones series in the same vein as the clone wars with Ford voicing.

So, if Disney wants Ep VII out by 2015, VIII by 2016 and IX by 2017 they need to start filming like... now?

I mean, expect news very very soon.

Wow, so I wonder if Paramount will collaborate with Disney when they need someone to do their Transformer movies. I'm also thinking that Marvel's visual effects for the majority of their movies will be from ILM.

I don't think that'll be the case for all the movies. Even though they're owned by Disney, Marvel Studios likes to make their pics on a piecemeal budget and lowball the talent regardless.

ILM will continue to provide CGI work for rival studios. The only change is that their official credit will likely be "Industrial Light & Magic - A Disney/Lucasfilm Ltd. Company." It's like implying because Peter Jackson co-owns Weta Digital that he can entirely dictate what projects Weta can do. The CGI company will take on projects that it wants to work on.

It's probably good for star wars but not so much for media conglomeration in general. I can actually see a day where disney will own DC as well.

I'm surprised Disney didn't come in and snatch Bond from MGM when it was going through its troubles?

It's probably good for star wars but not so much for media conglomeration in general. I can actually see a day where disney will own DC as well.

I'm surprised Disney didn't come in and snatch Bond from MGM when it was going through its troubles?

They bought Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm because they're all-ages brands and plenty of ancillary revenue to be had with merchandise.

007 is more of an adult-themed property, even if they haven't hit R-rated territory yet.

I don't think that'll be the case for all the movies. Even though they're owned by Disney, Marvel Studios likes to make their pics on a piecemeal budget and lowball the talent regardless.

ILM will continue to provide CGI work for rival studios. The only change is that their official credit will likely be "Industrial Light & Magic - A Disney/Lucasfilm Ltd. Company." It's like implying because Peter Jackson co-owns Weta Digital that he can entirely dictate what projects Weta can do. The CGI company will take on projects that it wants to work on.

Yeah, that's why I said most of the movies. And since ILM is in Disney's house, expect them to give Marvel cheaper prices than they would have before this.

I'm just so excited, I'm dancing right now lol.

So, if Disney wants Ep VII out by 2015, VIII by 2016 and IX by 2017 they need to start filming like... now?

I mean, expect news very very soon.

Nah, they should start casting by next year and filming by 2014.

I want see Marvel doing Star Wars comics again, and Marvel Studios making Star Wars Ep. 7.

Marvel Studios should do every franchise and property in the whole world. :o

The only way this day could get better is if I got laid.:o...But I'll take the Star Wars.:up:

What about the 3D rereleases? Are they going to have all been released by 2015?

What about the 3D rereleases? Are they going to have all been released by 2015?

The plans were to release Episodes II and III next year. If they have a new movie planned for 2015, I can see an original trilogy 3D re-release happening throughout 2014. Great way to promote the new movie.

Gonna be an insane few years for Star Wars fans. :up:

They bought Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm because they're all-ages brands and plenty of ancillary revenue to be had with merchandise.

007 is more of an adult-themed property, even if they haven't hit R-rated territory yet.

Disney is big into pg-13 films now even if they've only been at it for a decade or so. Most of its big live action blockbusters are pg-13 now. Also i don't see bond going R for a looong time if ever.

Studios out there have to be sweating now, disney has really shaken things up. Fox is probably hoping they can milk avatar for all they got because the way disney is snatching things up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"