Walt Disney acquires Lucasfilm

As long as they do new cuts of the OT, and bring the theatrical back. Get rid of the stupid stuff from the OT, Make Han Shoot first, Boba's voice, get rid of Jabba in Ep IV, ect ect, get rid of the NOOO in Ep VI, and actually spend money on good damn CGI for the parts they want that way. Then re-release it.

First Marvel, now Star Wars. Disney is getting busy, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox should be scared.

As long as they do new cuts of the OT, and bring the theatrical back. Get rid of the stupid stuff from the OT, Make Han Shoot first, Boba's voice, get rid of Jabba in Ep IV, ect ect, get rid of the NOOO in Ep VI, and actually spend money on good damn CGI for the parts they want that way. Then re-release it.
The CGI in the prequels was great, the best they could get at the time, the problem was just how it was used, it should have been used to improve not to be the whole film

I meant for the OT re-release if they do one, not the PT. Yes the problem with the PT was it was way too much CGI, way way way too much.

I actually like most of the changes/additions to the OT myself. Some stuff is unforgivingly bad though, like Jedi Rocks and the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

As someone who saw the original movie in the theater thirteen times in 1977, I find this info very interesting. :) I think Lucas knows he's getting up there and wants to keep the franchises going. He probably also wants to rid himself of the pressure to make more SW films and just retire so he can go play around on his great big piles of money.

So - if they want to make Episode 7, are they going to have to recast Luke, Leia and Han? I doubt the original actors are going to be willing or able to play the roles now. Or will they create entirely new characters? Are they going to follow the Star Wars books that talk about what happened after the fall of the Empire or create all new stories?

As for releasing the original versions of the trilogy, I'd love that, but I recall hearing that Lucas had all of the original negatives and film copies of the first three movies collected and destroyed so they could never be released again in any form. Is that true?

I don't mind if they upgrade some things, but upgrade it right, the CGI is so poor even in the blu-ray it stands out with all the practical effects. I want the theatricals re-released on blu. And a new cut like Adawans. Cut Jabba out, Han Shoots first, Jedi Rock out, Nooo out, and get the original Boba voice back, way better. Oh and get rid of Hayden at the end lol.

And just really make the CGI top notch.

They should blow up the star wars universe and explore some of the really popular novels post Return of the Jedi...Maybe something on the Solo kids.

Mark Hamill may finally get a starring role again ahaha

If Disney would release the Original Trilogy's theatrical release on Blu-ray DVD, I'll love them forever! :hrt:

Btw, I really like this acquisition the more I think about it. Disney thus far has proved to be a great parent company for both Pixar and Marvel, and I think adding Lucasfilm and their Star Wars & Indiana Jones rights to their plate will be seamless and would benefit both companies in the long run. Now we won't have to worry about whether George Lucas will ever make Ep. 7, now that they've announced it for 2015, and if the last trilogy is any indication I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that he won't have full control in the new trilogy in the future. Star Wars and Indy already have amusement park rides at Disney's own theme parks, and now they feel right at home.

Oh, and I hope Marvel will bring back their Star Wars comics. Just don't let Quesada be anywhere near it. :cmad:

They should do a remake/ reboot of the prequel trilogy. There's a good story in there somewhere...

First Marvel, now Star Wars. Disney is getting busy, Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox should be scared.
Warner Bros. has nothing to worry about, they have a bunch of properties to sustain them. 20th Century Fox on the other hand......what will happen when Disney chooses not to renew the distribution rights to Star Wars or when Disney will come in and swoop other Marvel properties?

The plans were to release Episodes II and III next year.

Fox is still handling distrib duties for the 3D Episodes II and III re-releases. They're still going through with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney gets involved with it too.

Disney is big into pg-13 films now even if they've only been at it for a decade or so. Most of its big live action blockbusters are pg-13 now. Also i don't see bond going R for a looong time if ever.

Even Disney's PG-13 blockbusters are from their own brand, like the POTC films, or from acquisitions like Marvel Studios. And the more adult-themed PG-13 films were released under the Touchstone Pictures label.

007 just doesn't work in Disney's brand. Not yet, anyway.

Studios out there have to be sweating now, disney has really shaken things up. Fox is probably hoping they can milk avatar for all they got because the way disney is snatching things up...

It's pretty ironic since Fox sold the theme park rights for Avatar to Disney a year back.

Grim Fandango movie or tv series. Make it so.

If Disney would release the Original Trilogy's theatrical release on Blu-ray DVD, I'll love them forever! :hrt:

Btw, I really like this acquisition the more I think about it. Disney thus far has proved to be a great parent company for both Pixar and Marvel, and I think adding Lucasfilm and their Star Wars & Indiana Jones rights to their plate will be seamless and would benefit both companies in the long run. Now we won't have to worry about whether George Lucas will ever make Ep. 7, now that they've announced it for 2015, and if the last trilogy is any indication I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief that he won't have full control in the new trilogy in the future. Star Wars and Indy already have amusement park rides at Disney's own theme parks, and now they feel right at home.

Oh, and I hope Marvel will bring back their Star Wars comics. Just don't let Quesada be anywhere near it. :cmad:
The 1997 Special Editions are, IMHO, better than the originals.

Grim Fandango movie or tv series. Make it so.

Truly classic game, and funny as hell. I thought I was the only one that played it. LOL. That consumed me through out November of 98 until Half-Life, Baldur's Gate, Thief The Dark Project and Ocarina of Time came out. Tim was a genius.

Warner Bros. has nothing to worry about, they have a bunch of properties to sustain them. 20th Century Fox on the other hand......what will happen when Disney chooses not to renew the distribution rights to Star Wars or when Disney will come in and swoop other Marvel properties?
20th Century Fox is screwed because they have nothing else but Avatar and X-Men.

They also own Monkey Island and were going to make a movie of it, but it became POTC.

Fox already let the rights for Daredevil, and the Punisher revert back to marvel right?

What are the rules again 2 years without a film and they go back?

The 1997 Special Editions are, IMHO, better than the originals.

Only the special effects, but they otherwise ruined those classic films with their new edition of the old footages. Solo shoots second? Hayden in the final Jedi moment with Yoda and Obi-Wan? Those are but some of the things that made the OT worse. Star Wars, like other classics before it, should be treated with respect and not getting those needless changes just because Lucas felt like it. It would be like changing Wizard of Oz and make PC changes and update the flying monkeys with CGI. :dry:

Fox already let the rights for Daredevil, and the Punisher revert back to marvel right?

What are the rules again 2 years without a film and they go back?

This is different though. Star Wars was bought by Disney, they own it fully. So they can take as long as they want.

Only the special effects, but they otherwise ruined those classic films with their new edition of the old footages. Solo shoots second? Hayden in the final Jedi moment with Yoda and Obi-Wan? Those are but some of the things that made the OT worse. Star Wars, like other classics before it, should be treated with respect and not getting those needless changes just because Lucas felt like it. It would be like changing Wizard of Oz and make PC changes and update the flying monkeys with CGI. :dry:

He did say the 97 special editions... not 2005. So Hayden wasn't there. I miss Sebastian Shaw, and I find the original OT that they put out on DVD nigh unwatchable.

I'm talking about the 1997 Special Edition VHS set that had minimal changes that don't drastically change things, not the recently released Blu-ray versions that had many more changes than I cared for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"