Walton Goggins is The Unicorn

Goggins deserves better than this trite garbage.

Hate to say it but Goggins is best at sophisticated villains - Boyd Crowder being the best, and one of the GOAT t.v. villains.

I'm sure he could handle comedy but it's not a genre I naturally see him in.

Yeah, what the hell? Goggins is better than this crap. Does he owe people money or something?

Screw it, I like this show. The first season appeared on Netflix recently and I watched it over the last few days.

Is it one of the top comedies on TV? No. Is it incredible deep or anything like that? No. But all of the characters are likable. It's not buffoonish like most comedies. And honestly it's just nice and wholesome.

For sure I like mean spirited or "edgy" TV comedies like The Righteous Gemstones, It's Always Sunny, and Arrested Development more than The Unicorn. But it's nice to see a TV comedy, that's not made for kids, that just features nice characters and that it really feels like real life without huge exaggerations or anything and that isn't mean spirited about anything.

It is a trip seeing Walton Goggins in a role like this. Especially after I was just rewatching some episodes of The Shield. But he's good in this. Same thing with Rob Cordry. I love them in their bad guy roles, but it's nice seeing them play characters that aren't complete a holes. And it's not like they're gonna stop doing those darker roles. Goggins still is in Righteous Gemstones and making appearances in movies. At least Unicorn is more substantial and interesting than him in Ant Man and the Wasp.

I mean it is CBS so there's still that stereotypical stuff like the loud, "I grew up poor" black mom/wife and the neurotic, overbearing, type A Jewish mom/wife

But I do like the show. I dont know if it'll last long, but I'm down for a feel good show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"