WandaVision WandaVision General Discussion Thread

Oh my gosh I am loving for that concept art. It’s so dick van dyke show. I wish I could watch it today.

Can’t wait to see who that shadow is. I heard they might add the comic accurate costume? What a perfect way to lead into doc strange 2!

If I had to guess, I'd say that the whole reality is created by Wanda. The red glow around the tv and the crazy out of time clothes makes me guess this

Loving the poster and the 50’s sitcom pastiche. I think Wanda sunk into a depression after Endgame, and like someone above said created another reality for herself.

Can’t wait to see this one.

If Wanda did create this reality I hope she brings Vision with her when she snaps out of it :)

This looks really weird and different. That is exciting, especially for the MCU. I'm really looking forward to this, maybe more than any of the other shows.

Vision's shadow seems to have the Mind Stone in his forehead. Wonder what that means for the future, if anything.

I'm really looking forward to this show. I do hope that this leads into Wanda & Vision's marriage and/or the twins' birth. And none of that Mephisto nonsense that Byrne used to destroy them, please and thank you.

The presence of Darcy isn't to my liking but hopefully she's either used sparingly or at least is less of an annoyance than she was in the Thor franchise.

Hope he comes back to life too lol

Also if Vision comes back to the real world I bet you he will be the spectral vision.

The Chaos Magic turns everything to colour.

Vision, who turned to monochrome when the stone was removed, is bathed in colour by the chaos magic. When Shuri reboots him, he will be emotionless, but will be able to remember

Wanda's life outside this world is the real world; it is grey and lifeless, dead. Only here does Wanda feel alive. The implication is that Wanda's life in the real world Is, for want of a better word, miserable.

Wanda suddenly going from being able to use telekinesis to being able to build pocket dimensions is unlikely. The chief suspect here is Chthon, the inventor of Chaos Magic. As such, it likely bypasses the mystical barrier of Kamar Taj.
Indeed, one of the possible meanings of the title WandaVision, is Chthon's prophecy.

It's likely, I think, that in the real world, Vision is still emotionless, he can only feel in WandaWorld. He may well need it to be human. Hence Vision is placed in existential conflict; he wants to be

I think we are talking a Pan's Labyrinth type of thing here, a real world and a fantasy world running parallel. As the real world gets worse, Wanda sinks deeper into the fantasy world, which Chthon then reprograms into a nightmare.

Jimmy Woo may perhaps be sent to monitor Wanda, but the Darkholders may already be watching her, and him.

Darkholders may also be inside SHIELD and almost certainly there are sleepers in Kamar Taj to prevent any interference from Agamotto.

It's pretty obvious that this is her powers basically creating this world akin to what she's done in the books. But they may throw a curve.

But still I wonder how does Monica Rambeau fit into the equation? If she’s the sassy black maid in Wanda’s sitcom vision, I’m side-eying Disney.

But still I wonder how does Monica Rambeau fit into the equation? If she’s the sassy black maid in Wanda’s sitcom vision, I’m side-eying Disney.
I HIGHLY doubt they would go that route.

I am guessing that after meeting Carol as a child Monica began a life long fascination with super powered beings/aliens and ended up in some kind of career, perhaps in government, which is about studying or monitoring supers and associated phenomena.

In the wake of AEG and learning an Infinity Stone's part in Wanda's origin and just hearing through the grapevine that the Avenger that just a few years prior had made a mess out of a mission in Africa was now powerful enough to put the hurt on the alien tyrant responsible for the Snap, I would guess Wanda is umder a lot of secret observation and Monica being part of that wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder how this will tie into Dr Strange 2. This aspect and the 1950s aesthetic excite me the most. I cannot wait for this show. The idea seems so trippy and awesome.

If I had to make a guess about the plot, its probably something along the lines of:

1. The Vision's injuries are repaired, but he is left "soulless"

2. Wanda attempts to restore him, and this traps them in a distorted reality

3. Darcy, Jimmy Woo, and Monica are bystanders and investigators of various flavors, who end up trapped in the distorted reality and/or help Wanda extricate them all from it

Which is to say, I'd bet dollars to donuts that the Idyllic 50s Life is *not* a wanted or desired outcome from any party ( except maybe some mystic villain perhaps ). Its a Lotus Eater Machine. It might even be something that Wanda is fully aware of, and is trying to fix, the problem being, how to fix it while *also* getting the Vision ( and possibly their mystic-ed up kids ) out of it.

I think I've only seen that guy in Boy Erased.

Selfishly, I hope Wanda and Monica have the most scenes together. I'm excited for them.

Actor/musician Troye Sivan is rumored to be playing Billy Kaplan/Wiccan.

That would be cool! Hopefully no one asks him embarrassing sex questions again or he might go avengers disassembled on them

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"