WandaVision WandaVision General Discussion Thread

I love the idea of going through different sitcoms in different decades. This looks like the most interesting project in Phase 4.

MCU boss Kevin Feige tells Empire. “So it seemed exploring that would be worthwhile post-Endgame. Who else is aware of that power? Where did it come from? Did the Mind Stone unlock it?

Interesting this is the third or fourth time either Feige or some official piece of media has referred to the stone possibly "unlocking" something that was inside Wanda...

I'm concerned they had all those people in the live studio audience killed since no one has leaked anything yet. :funny:

Paul and Elizabeth seem so excited about the sit-com parts. I get that's all they can really talk about to avoid spoilers but I really hope this is a hit.

That's interesting about a stone "unlocking" something within Wanda. I wonder if it will be because she was close to them or absorbed more power when she cracked Vision's stone?

That's interesting about a stone "unlocking" something within Wanda. I wonder if it will be because she was close to them or absorbed more power when she cracked Vision's stone?

I suspect its because her powers were derived from an Infinity Stone as we learned in the after credit scene in WINTER SOLDIER and in AGE OF ULTRON...

Do we know if this show will drop all at once or unfold over the course of eight weeks...?

One episode at a time per week as I've come to understand.

Paul Bettany discusses WandaVision and is TOTALLY evasive:

I do appreciate the fact that he singles out WandaVision writer Jac Schaeffer, director Matt Shakman and cinematographer Jess Hall for praise. How many actors/actresses do that? I think Mr. Bettany's family suffered a lot of tragedy and I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition he so richly deserves:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...6d53b29cae07a7

I know Olsen is shooting scenes in London, UK right now. But as I've stated before, I think it would be nice if she did some interviews when she's not busy.

I know Olsen is shooting scenes in London, UK right now. But as I've stated before, I think it would be nice if she did some interviews when she's not busy.
You do know that he is not being sent out by Disney for this press. All these blurbs are coming from him because he’s doing press right now for a movie that is coming out on Amazon today?/this week. It’s the whole: Two birds, one stone thing. I’m sure Elizabeth Olsen will start doing promo in December and especially early January.

Interesting this is the third or fourth time either Feige or some official piece of media has referred to the stone possibly "unlocking" something that was inside Wanda...

Yup, and I know it can be argued it's full magic but with the Wakanda Files revealing
her and Pietro was chosen by Hydra because they had the correct genetic markers for the experiment, and that the Stones unleashed radiation it makes me believe they're going the Mutant route for her and Pietro/the Infinity Stones route for Mutants.

I love the idea of going through different sitcoms in different decades. This looks like the most interesting project in Phase 4.
Yeah, quite an original idea and not one I would ever have guessed.

looking forward to being wrong but I'm getting skeptical with this
what's with the live studio audience are we getting a laugh track as well :nuhu:

Laugh tracks are for when there is no live studio audience. The canned laughs are meant to simulate a live audience. So if WandaVision is using a live studio audience then the whole point would be that there will be a laughing audience as part of the sitcom environment. But it won’t be a “laugh track”

You do know that he is not being sent out by Disney for this press. All these blurbs are coming from him because he’s doing press right now for a movie that is coming out on Amazon today?/this week. It’s the whole: Two birds, one stone thing. I’m sure Elizabeth Olsen will start doing promo in December and especially early January.

Indeed I do! In fact, I posted on another message board that I believed Bettany was promoting Uncle Frank and that was why he was doing so many interviews. He was very vague about WandaVision, as usual. I think Jamie Foxx is doing promotion for Soul and is being vague about his role in Spider-Man 3. These actors/actresses talk like politicians when it comes to Marvel projects! We'll have to see if Olsen does start doing promotions soon. I read on another forum that she's still pretty upset about how some folks attacked her after Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing and is reluctant to do public events as a result.

I read on another forum that she's still pretty upset about how some folks attacked her after Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing and is reluctant to do public events as a result.
That entire blacklash was weird. She barely used her IG account before unless it was a story about her plants. I don't think she'd be reluctant to do events because of it though. She seems very professional and did participate in that MCU tribute they had for him.

That entire blacklash was weird. She barely used her IG account before unless it was a story about her plants. I don't think she'd be reluctant to do events because of it though. She seems very professional and did participate in that MCU tribute they had for him.

Why should anyone attack Elizabeth Olsen about Chadwick Boseman's death? What's she got to do with it?

Why should anyone attack Elizabeth Olsen about Chadwick Boseman's death? What's she got to do with it?
Exactly, but apparently people were because she didn't post a tribute to him. Personally, I felt like she was going to nuke her IG long before that because she never used it, so I didn't even consider that the two things were related until I saw others talking about it.

Yeah, I found out about that from that other forum and was shocked that people could be so judgmental online. I don't use social media because I'm a dinosaur, but I'm well aware of its pervasive influence. I think it can be a great tool to interact with your fans (if you're a celebrity), but it can also be really poisonous too. As I understand it, people are fighting on social networks about the Black Panther franchise right now AS WE SPEAK. Maybe people were kinder in the olden days or they just didn't have outlets to vent their hatred, I don't know. I just feel bad for Olsen's Internet fans who have supported her throughout the years and are now unable to do so. And yeah, I saw that ABC special on Chadwick Boseman. I mean, EVERYBODY that came on that program appeared absolutely shocked by what had just happened, but Lizzie looked like she was gonna burst into tears. I actually do think something happened on her Instagram, and her feelings were hurt. I don't believe for a moment she didn't care about Boseman's untimely passing. Those trolls were idiots. Hopefully, we'll see her again soon. I just worry that they'll ask her about her Instagram account and things could get awkward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"