WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 1 "Filmed Before a Live Studio Audience" (spoilers)

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
Starting a Thread for each ep here.

I will start watching the first two literally right now and didn't see a place for episode talk.

Krypton stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

ETA: I’m rewatching that scene for clues. I just can’t figure it out, maybe they’re SWORD agents.

Last edited:
Gonna do a "live" review format like I was doing for Mando.

Let's get started...

1. I'm no Marvel Stan but... It is nice to see that opening logo and fanfare again.

2. The sitcom stuff here... Is a little more ominous than I was thinking. It's not just "Hahahaha" all the time just yet which I like a lot. It feels more like a Twilight Zone story in a way. You are not really buying the sitcom setting at face value anyway so it loses the comedy affect but ramps up the "What the hell is actually going on" vibe. So... Points for that.

3. I hope I'm wrong but I am feeling so far that Wanda is the only "real" person of the duo. Maybe I'm wrong. Vision seems much more like and "echo" of who he was. Well... We'll see I guess.

4. Agnes... From the jump she knows something as she's asking questions and interestingly not getting the answers I think she was expecting. She thought Wanda was single. Why? Again... Is Vis real? Was he part of the plans of whomever is doing this to Wanda in the first place? Like... Is Vis Wanda's fantasy that is ****ing up some other fantasy someone has imposed on her?

5. It is interesting that Wanda has ZERO traces of her accent. A choice or was Olsen tired of doing it/getting crap for the inconsistency she's shown?

6. Toast Mate... Red light. Okay... Putting that down under "Clues".

7. Interesting that they both know they have powers. As they were when we last saw them in the field with the Avengers, though there are differences for sure. Wanda is a full on sitcom witch/magician. Vison seems to still have his intelligence and seemingly most of his other powers. But all else is blank. The job Vis has I think will come into play. So much talk of "computation" and if Vis is real then I think someone or something is trying to harness his mind in some way.

8. The "Humor" is... It's bad, or would be outside of the narrative. It's grating but as it plays into our mystery so far I'm willing to tolerate it. The issue so far already is... Man is there A LOT of this sitcom premise front loaded here. Again... I get it. The mystery will unfold.

9. Again... Vision seems almost under Wanda's command. The order to help the boss character seemed like he would not have done anything without her prompting. Maybe I'm wrong.

All in all... Not great but it was all set up. Here is the mystery premise, how did our protags get there is part of the story and so far no one we are familiar with is in on what's happening. Well done but... I can't say this premiere grabbed me too tightly. I wanna see what the big explanation is but... As a start it was servicable but not super engaging.

It seems the answer is "yes, we do need multiple threads", based on demand. *ahem*

This particular thread is just low demand because of the two part premiere.

Decided to check the series out.
I’ll be rating each episode from 0 to 10.

I give this episode a 7. It was alright, definitely took some adjusting to this new reality, I thought the highlight was Elizabeth Olsen who really seemed to be embracing her role in this quirky way, some touches of solid acting as well...

Well know we what the heart represented on the calendar in this episode actually thanks to episode 8 revelation.
20210226_161640.jpg

The explanation they gave in episode 1 makes more sense... Dinner with the Harts.

Edit: Nevermind... seeing as how episode one takes place the same day she see's this deed, you very well could be right. Nice catch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"