Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by KRYPTON INC., Jan 15, 2021.
Back to back "live" watch review incoming...
For everyone else...
1. Okay... It is something to see the "married" Wanda and Vision in two beds which was the sersiously demented view of marriage that was pretty common on American TV for a long period of time. Some of the younger folk might not realize but even growning up with the sitcom reruns of older shows in the 80's this presentation of married life was all over TV until maybe the end of the 1980's. I mean... It's just so silly, isn't it? Did some married couples do that? Yeah... But it being as common place and ubiquitious as was shown on sitcoms from the 50's and early 60's is just laugable. Such strange views on things like sexual relations we used to have way back when.
2. Who ever is in charge of their reality keeps giving them motivations to use their powers it seems. If they are in a fantasia, or at least Wanda is, I would think it incredibly dangerous to allow beings with Wanda and Visions inherent abilities to continue to have access to them. Either neutering their powers was out of their league or they want them to have them for some reason.
3. Jesus... I'm getting denser as I get older... It's right there in the title...
WandaVision.... Like... Televison. Making me REALLY think Vis isn't there and it's all on Wanda. It took that title sequence to make it clear to me.
4. "This is our home now... I want us to fit in..." Well... That's not filled with ominous meaning. Did Wanda CHOOSE this in some way?
5. SWORD copter. In... Stark or Vis' colors? Okay... Another "clue". If this is related to SWORD though... Is MCU SWORD gonna be about Earth defense from aliens or is it just the inheritor of SHIELD's old duties? And of course this begs... Does Fury fit into this somehow?
6. Getting flashbacks to the Intelligencia story from the Hulk with Reed, Doom etc. all being trapped in a simulation. I am thinking quite a few of their neighbors are in the same boat as our duo.
7. A minor quibble of mine but... The MCU does seem to often just run from depicting things as they were in our historical past when it come to some touchy subjects. Yes... Black Panther definitely took on questions of race and racism, and yes, Agent Carter for sure did the same with issues of misogyny and feminism. Still... One way for sure to tell that this is a fantasia of 1950's America is that there are so many people of color integrated into the supporting cast with nary a word about it. It feels... Ahistorical if you will, given how much civil rights was a big issue at the time. But I am betting that plays into the reality of our two heroes' situation.
8. My buddy Jeremy thought it was the voice of Quicksilver on the radio... Now that I'm seeing it... I don't know... No accent. Didn't sound like the actor either. It does seem like these other people are under some kind of influence and not just simulations. Could be they all are feeling Wanda and Vis out to see if they are in on whatever situation they all find themselves in.
9. Is it me or is it the same "couple" in this eps commerical for Strucker watches (Hail Hydra) as the toaster one from the last ep? SWORD, Strucker, Stark... Breadcrumbs galore. What's it add up too though? Also... how are we supposed to take these ads? In joke? As breadcrumbs to the mystery? Are Wanda or Vison "seeing" these in some way?
10. There's some kind of Matrix thing going on here. There's no reason for gum of all things to mess up Vis unless what we are seeing is like the Matrix and the "gum" was more like the representation of something like a computer virus or some command that made his fantasy avatar go coo-coo.
11. The theme of "for the children" is another... "Hmmm" isn't it? And then POOF, Wanda is preggers?
12. Bee Keepers? Okay... They just mooned us, or at least all of us familar with Marvel Comics...
A.I.M. Advanced Idea Mechanics. The Techno offshoot of Hydra. And... Wanda has a lot more influence and control here than I assumed from the jump.
Okay... Number two knocked out and... Not changing how I feel too much. It is still very early in the story and this is all still set up. And... It's still not quite grabbing me. I'm interested to see where it goes and how it resolves but not in a "OMG, I can't wait until the next one" way.
Still... It begs questions and so far I do want to see what the answers are.
Thought this summed up a lot of what is going on pretty well
I give this one a 7 out of 10.
I give that rating mostly for the final third of the episode, the rest was somewhat plodding but now starting to turn some interesting gears. A few nods and hints here and there.