WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 3 "Now in Color" (spoilers)

Man this episode literally went from 0 to 100.
I’m glad it’s not taking them long to reveal the mystery. And when Wanda started to talk about Pietro my heart started to break. Really loving this show.

Welp, for all the people complaining about the slow burn of the first two episodes, sh** just got real with this one! LOL.

SWORD has to be hunting mutants. Wanda looked delightfully sinister in that last scene. The talk about Pietro was great too.

Welp, for all the people complaining about the slow burn of the first two episodes, sh** just got real with this one! LOL.

SWORD has to be hunting mutants. Wanda looked delightfully sinister in that last scene. The talk about Pietro was great too.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. That's also not what SWORD does, that's more the MRD.

Definitely seems like something really terrible is happening or is going to happen.

Still feels like a bit of a slow burn for now.

It's felt so short... I want more...

Anyway, the return of the hexagons once again in the opening. Wonder what they mean.

Definitely seems like Monica was the only SWORD personnel in Westview, so I'm guessing the rest are all New Salem residents/coven or something going by what Herb was saying.

I think it’s moving at a good pace. Especially when they’ve found a way to age up Wanda’s kids without having to really wait long enough. Clearly this show is setting up more than just Dr. Strange 2. It’s also Young Avengers and it’s not like the rest of the YA cast could have another time jump... as then theyd all be very old compared to Billy and Tommy.

I'm not really worried about what the show is setting up. I'm more concerned about what's going on with Wanda because it seems like something terrible is happening. It almost seems like this world is one she helped create due to the trauma of past events.

I'm not really worried about what the show is setting up. I'm more concerned about what's going on with Wanda because it seems like something terrible is happening. It almost seems like this world is one she helped create due to the trauma of past events.
I wouldn't be opposed to things getting a bit sad at all. Not "Wanda is completely broken" sad, but definitely "This is a very bad way to cope with trauma" sad.
GlbmfR7SO2-hl5ls2QmWsRqs8JzA8Kag1jaeBnH3wjvZQ0OX6dDWKQhaYPnh2az74ACD8Sf0FDHP=s1600
olaXmov.png

Well to be fair I think this episode was just all round better executed. The comedy actually hit home and made me laugh.

It's felt so short... I want more...

Anyway, the return of the hexagons once again in the opening. Wonder what they mean.

Definitely seems like Monica was the only SWORD personnel in Westview, so I'm guessing the rest are all New Salem residents/coven or something going by what Herb was saying.

I have a theory on the hexagons, Hexagons are often known as hexes, for short. Wanda’s powers, when believed to be primarily probability manipulation, were referred to as “hex magic.” I think the hexagons are meant to indicate that Wanda is responsible for the sitcom reality, There may also be one or more villains involved, but I’m not sure.

I have a theory on the hexagons, Hexagons are often known as hexes, for short. Wanda’s powers, when believed to be primarily probability manipulation, were referred to as “hex magic.” I think the hexagons are meant to indicate that Wanda is responsible for the sitcom reality, There may also be one or more villains involved, but I’m not sure.
Yeah, I was just thinking about this too. That could be it.

Oh, Wow the crazy has hit the fan and has kept on spinning. I love this show!

Monica, you seem to remember something and then try to chip away at Wanda's reality by mentioning Ultron and you get thrown out by a suddenly terrifying Elizabeth Olsen!

Wanda remembering she was a twin when confronted with her own babies.

Ralph is probably going to be Mephisto right? It was obvious Agnes was playing a part and knew what was going on last time but now Herb? And they definitely were shaken by Monica's arrival Agnes actually looked panicked for a second with Vision.

I don't think SWORD are going to be the bad guys, at least not any more than pre TWS SHIELD. For one thing they're setting up Monica to have a big part in CM2 and other characters we know are involved like Woo and Darcy aren't bad guys.

A few takeaways/assumptions after episode 3:

The sit-com, "WandaVision world", is a real place. Surrounded by some type of energy shield.

The residents of the town are being held captive. Possibly by Wanda herself, or something/someone more sinister.

SWORD are definitely not the bad guys.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out. It's gonna be epic!

I've moved away from the "Wanda is being manipulated and/or controlled" theory. It appears that the doings in Westview is all her baby. Or babies.

I've moved away from the "Wanda is being manipulated and/or controlled" theory. It appears that the doings in Westview is all her baby. Or babies.

I'm leaning toward this at this point. I think at least this is partially her doing. Or maybe she is being manipulated because she went along with it first without realizing the full implications.

Some of what's happening does appear to be her doing to some extent. I'm just not sure how much.

Let's not forget, she and Pietro volunteered to be test subjects for HYDRA, a Nazi organization, whether they had valid reasonings for hating Tony Stark and the Avengers or not. Her motivation when she messed with Tony's head was that he and the Avengers would kill themselves.

My point being is that Wanda has a dark side, and when she's pushed far enough...she's capable of having a dark temper.

NewA few takeaways/assumptions after episode 3:

The sit-com, "WandaVision world", is a real place. Surrounded by some type of energy shield.

The residents of the town are being held captive. Possibly by Wanda herself, or something/someone more sinister.

SWORD are definitely not the bad guys.

Can't wait to see how this all plays out. It's gonna be epic!

The feeling I almost get is that SWORD is monitoring/observing what's going on and trying to piece together what's happening. They are not the direct cause of this and are possibly trying to stop/contain it before it gets worse.

Monica was able to infiltrate it somehow in the second episode and was basically undercover. Wanda realized it and shoved her out.

Last edited:
From the first trailer I’d assumed this was a reality Wanda was creating for herself as a coping mechanism, and nothing I’ve seen so far has changed my mind on that. I think she’s just unknowingly dragged others into it and isn’t aware of how she’s affecting the world around her.

From the first trailer I’d assumed this was a reality Wanda was creating for herself as a coping mechanism, and nothing I’ve seen so far has changed my mind on that. I think she’s just unknowingly dragged others into it and isn’t aware of how she’s affecting the world around her.

I think this is a significant part of it. She's created this world as a coping mechanism. That said, I think it's possible some nefarious forces, other parties possibly goaded her or manipulated her into it to some degree. Like they are preying upon her grief.

I don't think it's that cut and dry. That's also not what SWORD does, that's more the MRD.

Definitely seems like something really terrible is happening or is going to happen.

Still feels like a bit of a slow burn for now.

I know but still you never know. They could possibly change some stuff around for the MCU iteration of it. But my Spidey senses are telling me there’s something up with SWORD too. We’ll see.

But yeah something terrible is happening or around the corner.

Well to be fair I think this episode was just all round better executed. The comedy actually hit home and made me laugh.

I loved the 70s, Brady Bunch aesthetic for this episode. Really masterful how they nailed the feel for all these different sitcom eras so far.

from what I have been seeing, the show is recapping Wanda's greatest moments from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while building the foundation for Phase 4. The twins that Wanda had, the commercial for Hydra Soak, and the commercial from last episode for the Strucker Watch were referencing Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

I think this is a significant part of it. She's created this world as a coping mechanism. That said, I think it's possible some nefarious forces, other parties possibly goaded her or manipulated her into it to some degree. Like they are preying upon her grief.

It seems like different residents have different levels of involvement in this charade. Both Dottie & Mrs. Hart broke character, so they may not be all in on Wanda's experiment. The obstetrician didn't want to be there either. But Herb and Agnes wanted to protect Wanda and her bubble. So the idea that a few Westview folks are goading Wanda into keeping this fantasy going for their own purposes makes sense to me.

I wish the episodes were longer. They’re not even a full 30 minutes...more like 22 minutes and the credits take up the rest of the time. But the ending of the last episode left me wanting more. I think I enjoyed the first two episodes more overall but the ending of third one was great because it propelled the story further.

Yeah it’s weird to me the actual runtime is more like a network show with commercials than something on streaming. But leave them wanting more I guess.

I wanted Wanda to be the hero of her own show, but they are making her the villain of it. I hate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"