WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 3 "Now in Color" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by flickchick85, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

That Hydra Soak/Calgon Bath commercial was a very creative way to sell brainwashing. Hope we get a trippy commercial for Bova’s Milk soon lol.

2. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

This is definitely coming, I’m curious to see how it will play out.

3. First Avenger Registered

From the rumours It sounds like there are 6 sitcomesque, 20-25 Min episodes, with 3 longer, more MCUesque eps. Anyway this Is going to be One hell of a rewatch once all episodes are out.

4. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Nice to see things start ramping up in Episode 3! Looking forward to what comes next as they realise all is not well.

5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

The hex link makes sense. :up:

6. Zarex Registered

I don't know if I would call her the villain. If Wanda had evil intentions she would have killed Geraldine on the spot and buried her underneath the astro turf. Instead she gave her a fun ride out of the bubble.

Hopefully our girl is just going through some things right now - she may have some witches on her shoulder egging her along - and Ms. Maximoff will be in full hero mode in time for the Strange sequel.

7. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

The credits are almost as long as the actual episode lol

I keep getting fooled to watch it all thinking there will be an after credits scene typical of Marvel

8. LauraT Registered

I also doubt they're making her the villain, although maybe a little greyer than she was post-AOU. She's clearly in a bad way mentally and emotionally speaking out of grief but it also seems likely to me that there's a lot more going on that Wanda just going crazy evil and kidnapping/controlling people for her suburban fantasy life.

Agnes definitely seemed interested in keeping her in the fantasy in the first two episodes and still does now, even if she appeared more unsure and worried.

scarlet-witch and TheVileOne like this.
  9. TheVileOne Registered

I think the length is a necessity to the format so far. My hope is once the bandaid gets ripped off it will be longer episodes close to the end of the season.

Dark Raven and Prison Mike like this.
  10. TheVileOne Registered

Well, everything isn't clear yet. I also don't think it's as clear-cut as calling her a villain. It doesn't appear she's hurt or killed anyone yet.

Also like I said, she and her brother did volunteer to be HYDRA's guinea pigs knowing what HYDRA is.

11. writer0327 Registered

Frankly, this was the worst episode out of the three. I've only liked the second episode for its comedic nostalgia, but the first and third eps were as dull as dishwater and the TV sitcom rendering of this universe has already worn thin. What's happening on these "shows" aren't interesting in the least, and I get that's the point, but what it leaves you with is waiting around for 28 minutes for 2 minutes of actual story. They would've been better off balancing the real and imaginary worlds more evenly.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be an emotional payoff after all the subterfuge is revealed for Wanda, but this beginning is dreadful to watch.

12. Kev4000 Registered

I really liked Vision is sceptical about this more and more. I only wonder why we didnt see Wanda kicked her out? I thaught we saw something similair in the trailer where she repair the wall after it.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  13. TheVileOne Registered

Exactly. What she's doing isn't an act of evil. It's a woman trying to cope with her grief. First she lost her twin brother. Then she lost the man she loves. She did show restraint with Monica/Geraldine.

Zarex likes this.
  14. Drizzle Most Metal Ever

This episode was okay but it looks like we're at the end of Act 1 and things are starting to move into place. The highlight for me was the Pietro mention since, if I recall correctly, he hasn't been mentioned since Age of Ultron. Here's hoping we see him again in some form in either this or Multiverse of Madness.

15. Bren Forevernoob

At 8min 55 when Vision says "I think something's wrong", it then clips back to where Vision entered... I thought it was my internet buffering then I realised Wanda (or was it someone else this time?) reset the scene....
    And really impressed how intimidating Wanda is!

I don't like the gimmick of the different settings/sitcoms... Not gonna lie.
    It's the underlying weirdness and off kilter feeling I'm REALLY enjoying... Her singing to the babies, damn sad and eerie!

16. KaijuDude1992 Registered

The second episode is still my favorite episode so far, but man Elizabeth Olsen really killed it in this episode, especially in those last couple of minutes and Teyonah Paris has really been holding her own in this show aswell. I loved the Pietro stuff and her singing to her kids was all fantastically done IMO.

I absoutely cannot wait for that next episode, but I'm also not minding the pacing of this show either. I like how we get tidbits of information throughout each of the episodes with this one giving us the biggest reveals by far.

It might make the weekly wait a big more agonzing, but Im sure it will all be worth it in the end, especially when it comes to binging the whole show again.

17. The Batman The Dark Knight

Yup. I don't know much about Wanda's comic history, but what little I've read has led me to believe if anyone is the "villain" of this series, she's a very likely candidate.

18. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Her mental breakdown lead her to a very intensive instability of Madness where she attacked her friends and family.

19. Kev4000 Registered

I got the feeling that the 1+2, 3+4 and 5+6 would be mixed in one episode each in the original plans. 2 follows the first episode direct and ended with the colour twist.
    And with the trailer material of how Wanda pushed Monica out and we didnt see that already, 3+4 could follow each other direct too.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  20. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Yeah I think we'll see some more of this next episode probably.

21. Zarex Registered

Wanda shares some similarity with Jean Gray as ladies that gained awesome powers and simply could not deal! Though Marvel comics has rehabilitated Ms. Maximoff after Bendis had her go full villain, I am hoping Feige and company are able to keep her on the side of the angels after this show. I'd hate to see her be the Big Bad in the Strange sequel.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  22. emma_c22000 Registered

I actually thought I would feel the same thing about the show before I watched the first two episodes and I had just read the premise. It didn't seem like something that would be interesting to watch on a weekly basis. However, now that episode 3 is over I realise that keeping the first two episodes almost entirely contained in their sitcom world it makes the break to MCU reality that much more jarring and adds to the suspense.

The break to reality at the end of episode 3 coupled with the whole "what the hell is going on?" feeling has got me looking forward to the next episode.

I've missed having another installment of the MCU this past year and I thought having to get through WandaVision first would only compound that feeling. But I have to admit, this show has me interested and invested. I can only hope it keeps on an upward curve episode to episode.

Like most have pointed out it's a slow burn, yes I agree, but an intriguing one nonethelss.

Naglfar and LauraT like this.
  23. writer0327 Registered

I'm glad that some folks are enjoying it. I know it gives the MCU diehards something to chew on while we're waiting for the film universe to resume. I just feel more balance between the real world action and the fantasy world would've given it more re-watch ability. Because once the series drops in total, I see very little reason to come and revisit these earlier episodes unless I want a fix of TV sitcom nostalgia. But I could be wrong.

24. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

It's a hard act to balance; fans want Wanda to lose it and cause chaos in the MCU as in the comics, but they can only achieve that by having her act out of control.

It's all relative anyway, Wanda's most villainous acts so far is correcting the reality she's created for Vision when he gets to suspect something isn't right. On the flip side of that is that Vision is just an illusion anyway so who is she really hurting?

25. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

Was not crazy about the first part of this episode at all. Just wasn't feeling the comedy, the 70's thing...meh. Boy, did things turn around towards the end! Wow.

I like that Vision is catching on to things not being right and obviously the highlight was the mention of Pietro and Wanda yeeting "Geraldine" out of Westview.

Next week's episode should be interesting, to say the least. Things are finally progressing. I can't wait.

Any theories or rumors as to what this week's commercial was referencing? I didn't really pick up on it.