WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 3 "Now in Color" (spoilers)

I didnt enjoy this episode as much as the first two. The first two eps felt like they went to great lengths to lovingly recreate the 50s/60s look/style/ dialogue and storytelling style of that era. This one felt....like it was just Wanda and Vision dressed in 70s attire and in a 70s style home but not really recreating a 70s sitcom if that makes any sense. (Although the intro was great).

I’m predicting that the 90s episode we get in two weeks is gonna be THE episode that starts unveiling the curtain and makes us go WTF.

I have a feeling next weeks episode is going to really knock people’s socks off.

I loved it and I’m still having a wonderful time. Geez I wish the episodes were longer though because I look forward to it so much

I didnt enjoy this episode as much as the first two. The first two eps felt like they went to great lengths to lovingly recreate the 50s/60s look/style/ dialogue and storytelling style of that era. This one felt....like it was just Wanda and Vision dressed in 70s attire and in a 70s style home but not really recreating a 70s sitcom if that makes any sense. (Although the intro was great).

I’m predicting that the 90s episode we get in two weeks is gonna be THE episode that starts unveiling the curtain and makes us go WTF.
I agree. I was expecting more of a "Brady Bunch" type of episode and we got...whatever that was. The humor felt extremely forced.

I didn't enjoy this episode as much either until the last 10 mins or so.

I was very happy to see Monica involved. Wonder how much more of a part she has to play here.

I loved when she brought up Pietro and started singing in Sokovian. She had a hint of the old accent.

I don't want her to "go crazy" and become a villain like some do. I think it's a bad look. Agnes seemed to want to keep everything just so. I'm guessing Wanda started this reality, then these people from another multiverse got in and want her to continue?

It's a hard act to balance; fans want Wanda to lose it and cause chaos in the MCU as in the comics, but they can only achieve that by having her act out of control.

It's all relative anyway, Wanda's most villainous acts so far is correcting the reality she's created for Vision when he gets to suspect something isn't right. On the flip side of that is that Vision is just an illusion anyway so who is she really hurting?

Is Vision really an illusion? I mean every character so far we're figuring is a real person interacting with Wanda in a real way for whatever motives they may have.

If Vision is an illusion created by Wanda, why even give him the capacity to be suspicious of what's going on? And if he's an illusion created by whomever built this fantasy world for Wanda to live in, the same question applies.

Wanda is the focal point here, but everything hinges on Vision being in her life. She wouldn't keep up this world unless Vision was in it. So, why risk creating a Vision that could ultimately destroy the fantasy?

Unless he's actually real.

Is Vision really an illusion? I mean every character so far we're figuring is a real person interacting with Wanda in a real way for whatever motives they may have.

If Vision is an illusion created by Wanda, why even give him the capacity to be suspicious of what's going on? And if he's an illusion created by whomever built this fantasy world for Wanda to live in, the same question applies.

Wanda is the focal point here, but everything hinges on Vision being in her life. She wouldn't keep up this world unless Vision was in it. So, why risk creating a Vision that could ultimately destroy the fantasy?

I mean he did literally say "I'm an illusion" in episode 2 at the magic show.
But yeah, I think there's a definite possibility of there being some base at least. Whether that's Vis' body, part of his code/brain, an actor like Simon Williams made to believe he is Vision, who knows..

Does anyone else believe, that this was a Mephistork?
The devil disguises as an animal (Mephisto in Goethe‘s Faust enters the house as dog),
Reappears in (red) mist (like in Faust),
and kinda delivers Wanda the boys.
Also when Wanda is in labour, the chimney spits out fire (a door opens, so Mephisto can dissapear again)

Agreed 100%. Didn’t feel like it was a sitcom from the 70s. I think that’s why I enjoyed the first two episodes more, which felt like they really could have been from the 50s/60s

I loved when she brought up Pietro and started singing in Sokovian. She had a hint of the old accent.

I don't want her to "go crazy" and become a villain like some do. I think it's a bad look. Agnes seemed to want to keep everything just so. I'm guessing Wanda started this reality, then these people from another multiverse got in and want her to continue?

“It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can’t handle her powers and goes crazy,” says WandaVision head writer Jac Schaeffer."

I wanted Wanda to be the hero of her own show, but they are making her the villain of it. I hate that.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. If she were the "villain" here, she wouldn't be so curious about inconsistencies.

I really liked Vision is sceptical about this more and more. I only wonder why we didnt see Wanda kicked her out? I thaught we saw something similair in the trailer where she repair the wall after it.

I am 90% certain the answer is "Because they want to conceal exactly *who* kicked Monica out". Note that Wanda was angry, but she was also *curious*, she wanted to know who "Geraldine" was and what was going on. Then wham, scene shift, Wanda acting unusually sitcom-y, and Monica tossed out of Westview. The implication is that Wanda tossed her out. . . but note that even while everyone acts unnnaturally Sitcom Style, normally Wanda and Vision *don't*, they have their own voice. Which is exactly what you would do if you don't want to immediately show, say. . . Wanda showing signs of possession and personality takeover during the "get banished" moment.

I feel like too many people forget that White Vision is a thing in the comics, and that when Vision had his Infinity Stone yanked, he turned into the desaturated, photorealistic spitting image of White Vision. The idea that Wanda could restore his mind, at least partially, is hardly unthinkable. . . especially since not only is Wanda hella powerful, but her power is derived from the exact same thing that used to sit on Vision's forehead.

Does anyone else believe, that this was a Mephistork?
The devil disguises as an animal (Mephisto in Goethe‘s Faust enters the house as dog),
Reappears in (red) mist (like in Faust),
and kinda delivers Wanda the boys.
Also when Wanda is in labour, the chimney spits out fire (a door opens, so Mephisto can dissapear again)

I think you're probably right! At least, it makes a lot ot sense to me.

Also, I get that not everybody is on board with this show, but I'm absolutely loving it! So much creativety to tell this story.

I'm having a hard time believing that Vision is a mere fabrication. There's too many interactions that take place solely between him and another resident that don't involve Wanda.

If Wanda has the power to resurrect, then why not Petro? I think Vision in some form exists, it's just whether he'll continue to exist once Wanda escapes this little town.

I'm having a hard time believing that Vision is a mere fabrication. There's too many interactions that take place solely between him and another resident that don't involve Wanda.

If Wanda has the power to resurrect, then why not Petro? I think Vision in some form exists, it's just whether he'll continue to exist once Wanda escapes this little town.
I’m leaning towards him not being a fabrication as well (or at least hoping). However, just because he has experiences and interactions separate from Wanda doesn’t rule out the possibility that he isn’t real. That would only rule it out if the fabrication was an “empty puppet”. He could be a fabrication that has been given consciousness and independent thought.

Last edited:
I’m leaning towards him not being a fabrication as well (or at least hoping). However, just because he has experiences and interactions separate from Wanda doesn’t rule the possibility that he isn’t real. That would only rule it out if the fabrication was an “empty puppet”. He could be a fabrication that has been given consciousness and independent thought.
But still, if Wanda has simply (re)created him, why not also (re)create her brother?

Of this little reality is her version of paradise, an escape from the trauma, then not only would she want a husband and kids, but surely also a brother?

Vision is the biggest obstacle in this, as I and others (I suspect) have stated, Paul Bettany hasn't any other upcoming roles in the MCU as far as I'm aware. Lizzie obviously has.

I am deeply hoping Vision is real and breaks out of the fantasy realm and back into the real world by the end...

It didn't even occur to me but superspeed wasn't Vision's power, yet it is in this...

main-qimg-2b0b87d84902f19878bacab75dbf5c2a

Wanda, when Ultron is mentioned to her

It's the classic question of free will. Wanda is "God" of this pocket reality. She COULD create a perfect world where Vision would never doubt her, but it wouldn't really be Vision. He wouldn't be autonomous. And so she gives him free will, knowing full well it will be a constant fight to maintain the illusion, but is the only way to be in a truly authentic relationship with him.

I don't really think this is an alternate reality, per-say. I think Westview is just a normal town in the Prime universe, where Wanda has warped the reality around her to fit her fantasy. The Multiverse IMO won't come into play until the end when she pushes things too far and tears a hole in space and time - Cue MoM.

“It was extremely important to me that we not do the lazy thing of having a superpowered lady who can’t handle her powers and goes crazy,” says WandaVision head writer Jac Schaeffer."

The powerful women go crazy type of thing has been done to death. Marvel has two huge exemples of that in Wanda and Jean.

I'm glad it's a woman writing this. I trust they will find a respectful way to tell this story with Wanda.

It's the classic question of free will. Wanda is "God" of this pocket reality. She COULD create a perfect world where Vision would never doubt her, but it wouldn't really be Vision. He wouldn't be autonomous. And so she gives him free will, knowing full well it will be a constant fight to maintain the illusion, but is the only way to be in a truly authentic relationship with him.

I don't really think this is an alternate reality, per-say. I think Westview is just a normal town in the Prime universe, where Wanda has warped the reality around her to fit her fantasy. The Multiverse IMO won't come into play until the end when she pushes things too far and tears a hole in space and time - Cue MoM.

Except she redoes the moments when Vision starts to question the reality. What's the point of giving him free will if she changes what he says and essentially erases his choices? That doesn't make sense.

I think he's real, but something is keeping Wanda in this alternate reality and she's scared to face the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"