WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" (spoilers)

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Justice4#Rouge, Feb 11, 2021.

1. GuestStar2004 Registered

Yeah Mutants are just normal people. problem is they have powers and are discriminated towards for being different. whether its because they are dangerous or just purely because they are seen as freaks. thats kinda the message. the thing thats holding it back though is the MCU is its already super hero filled. so where is the difference between Mutants, aliens, wizards gods, spider-men, inhumans, vampire hunters, tech men, hulks, and whatever else gets introduced. Mutants will have to be reduced and work in a much smaller way in this universe because you probably could never make mutants work in the way that they worked in the comics. that boat has floated the same way the chances of Magneto being Wandas biological father in the MCU, or Captain america having known Wolverine back during war times has floated.

Its easy to create excuses like Xavier has been hiding mutants. problem is when you really start to think about the universe they live in. it starts to collapse under its own weight. and needs to be a case of just don't think about it in order for it to make sense. thats kinda why the chances of them being created in modern day probably would be more likely.

#251 GuestStar2004, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  2. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

The same could be said for the comics lol.

3. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

I think the other thing you can take into account, is that you can have it (like the comics) where mutants existed but were a rarity. So just throwing random numbers out as an example, but like every 100 years, only 5 of mutants were born worldwide. But then by the time you get closer to present day, more and more start popping up. In the comics, the original reason was because of the Atomic Age. In the MCU, it can be whatever. Some people like the idea of the infinity gauntlet being used 3 times on Earth as the catalyst for the wave of new mutants, but honestly it can be anything.

javonstokess and SpocksBrain like this.
  4. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

I feel like I went over this extensively in an earlier post, which you completely ignored except for the very last sentence about my casting ideas. So I'm not sure what else I can say to convince you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

javonstokess and SpocksBrain like this.
  5. GuestStar2004 Registered

The comics are a little different. same with the cartoons. i mean i was a fan of the 90s animated shows like Spider-man and X-MEN. and i remember they for the most part lived in their own worlds. Mutants only showed up in 2 episodes of Spider-man, otherwise they did not exist. Spider-man only made tiny barely anything cameos in the X-Men show. because for the most part the X-MEN show was just about Mutants. and mutants seemed to be everywhere in the X-Men show. for obvious reasons.

I ain't sure you could do that with the MCU. i think what they did with Spider-man shows that. Spider-man's comic world isn't the same world he lives in the MCU. which is why there are alot of weird decisions. at least in my opinion with what they did with him. most of it was because they were fitting him into the MCU and not writing around him.

#255 GuestStar2004, Feb 14, 2021
    javonstokess likes this.
  6. Limonade Registered

They cross-pollinate when the story requires them to. I don't see where your doubt is coming from with so little to go on for most of us.

7. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

The X-Men do not exist in their own world in the comics. They coexist right along with Spidey, Avengers, Inhumans, FF...and everybody else.

8. GuestStar2004 Registered

But they only acknowledge it in certain comics. basically when they need too, otherwise they just about forget about them. if they acknowledged it all the time the comics would get very messy. and they can get away with that type of thing in the comics due to the number of comic books and comic continuities they produced since the 1960s.

I ain't sure you could get away with that in the live action MCU. thats been going since what 2008?.

#258 GuestStar2004, Feb 14, 2021
  9. Limonade Registered

Mmm. If we're speculating here on the future reveals of the mutant. I think there's plenty of X-fans dying for any references of mutants in the MCU already. They wants it and they wanted it yesterday.

And X-Men and wolverine have been such a staple in the pop culture scene that audience members, as far back as early 2000, got the gist of the plight and plot of the mutant storyline.

I don't think it'll be that much of a problem for audiences to grasps. Especially with newer viewers who are looking for any of their favorite mutants to show up.

TheVileOne likes this.
  10. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

I don't even know what that means. It doesn't have to be constantly acknowledged, because it's understood that these characters all exist in the same universe. If someone is reading a Captain America book the adventure will naturally focus on Cap and not the X-Men. If you're reading X-Men, the focus is on the X-Men and not Daredevil. Are you new to comics? Because they've always coexisted. Characters have shown up in other books and have been mentioned randomly in other books all the time. They used to have books like Marvel Team-Up and Marvel Two-In-One that showcased random superhero characters interacting.

11. GuestStar2004 Registered

Its about the MCU. not about what the fans want. truth be told its never about what the fans want. The integrity of the MCU. That will always come first for Marvel. how to stabilize a universe that's already kinda packed at this point and make it believable that all these things could exist in the same live-action universe. it is its own continuity so every film and show they make will get really complicated if they don't keep the integrity of continuity and the world they live in stable.

#261 GuestStar2004, Feb 14, 2021
  12. Limonade Registered

Oof.

I see where you are coming from, now.

I don't think Marvel will hold you on that ideal alone, GuestStar2004. I hope I am wrong. But maybe it may lose you because of it. Sad to say.

I mean, the world of Marvel is fiction. I believe anything grounded in such a crazy environment--where reality warping abilities and time traveling involved... whether it be Marvel OR DC... will be very convoluted that you'll just have to raise your arms up and just go with it.

No IP can be perfectly wrapped up without strings that were meant to be unwind at a later time.

At some point you gotta trust the storytelling... but I hear your opinions and questions; They're not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

#262 Limonade, Feb 14, 2021
  13. javonstokess Registered

Maybe you start off the movie showing a big incident that Xavier was involved in that had something bad happen to mutants. There are a ton of things you can do.

FWIW, X-Men might have been one of the first of the silver age Marvel comics created, but the books before never referenced mutants at all.

14. Fosterson Registered

Not to mention that they literally did Avengers VS X-Men a few years back...

15. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I hope Hot Toys brings out a figure of Wanda in her Scarlet Witch costume from this episode. It would be amazing to see.

TheVileOne and pixen like this.
  16. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

17. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

javonstokess and Dark Raven like this.
  18. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I wish she realised after wearing the classic costume how much she enjoyed it and how much fans appreciated it that she decided she wanted to wear this all the time as her regular costume.

Btw, although it was a Halloween spooktacular, Wanda looked like she was dressed ready for Valentine's Day last weekend.

#268 Dark Raven, Feb 17, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    javonstokess and Kev4000 like this.
  19. Kev4000 Registered

Olsen told more then once that she was sceptical about the costume, that she would feel not comfortable with it because its too sexy. Whedon calm down her concerns in ther past with another costume (lol, the irony). The reactions reducing her as a jerk off with everyone refering how "hot" she looks like and I doubt Olsen likes being recognized as a sex symbol.

20. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I don't know if she reads everything (or anything) online, but I would hope that after wearing the costume for this episode she would begin to feel more comfortable. What she said about it before was in the past.

She really looked great in the costume and it looked less generic but more Eastern European. It also made her look even more imposing with the headdress. She definitely needs to incorporate something like that in her normal costume. And get a cape. It's so regal.

21. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

22. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is almost like some people just never have any clue about what they are talking about consistently.

23. TheVileOne Registered

Two times actually.

24. TheVileOne Registered

Not to defend Joss Whedon, but Wanda has had many looks over the years and some have been way more risque, scantily clad, and less practical than others. Also, that was hardly an official costume. She wore a Halloween costume that was reminiscent of her classic look for the 1980s as a gag. She was dressing up for fun on Halloween. It's hardly her new established look.

25. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I know it was a Halloween costume but sometimes they can look more gaudy or sexy than actual properly made costumes with more expensive materials. But even with the cheaper materials and obvious Halloween look, Olsen still looked classy and elegant and not at all risque or trashy.

Maybe Whedon was thinking more of the belly dancing gypsy costume that looked more risque.