WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1, Episode 6 "All-New Halloween Spooktacular!" (spoilers)

I mean the biggest sitcoms of the 1990s were probably Friends and Seinfeld. Probably didn't fit the mold of the story they were trying to tell now that they had growing kids.

ALSO,

Shows like Full House and Family Matters, while they were big in the 1990s, actually debuted in the 1980s. Full House debuted in 1987.
Yeah. And Dick Van Dyke Show was the 50’s era but it starting airing in 1961. They take some creative freedoms with their choices it seems.

Yeah. And Dick Van Dyke Show was the 50’s era but it starting airing in 1961. They take some creative freedoms with their choices it seems.

Yeah very much so. But you could also see some of The George Burns Show, Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, and The Goldbergs in the first episode. Those were more 1950s.

It was really dissapointing, that they skipped the 90ies sitcoms completely. I was never a big fan of Malcolm in the middle.

I’m guessing the last episode encompassed late 80’s to early 90’s family sitcoms, since a lot of those did cross decades, while this episode covered the late 90’s to early 00’s.

If the pattern holds, next episode should be late 00’s to 10’s, which would be more of the Modern Family era.

After that, I’m guessing episode 8 will be a flashback episode showing everything that happened with Wanda and Agnes leading up to the events of episode 1, and episode 9 will be the endgame.

Didn't the opening sequence of the last episode pay homage to Full House? I'm specifically remembering the holding hands and running towards the camera.
Yes it did. They used up Full House in the 80s as it premiered in the 80’s but sits with the 90s crowd more. I think the energy of Malcolm in the Middle fit the episode perfectly.

I don't think Wanda will be the cause of the x-gene, simply because the multiverse is soon coming into play. Somehow the x-gene will be a repercussion of that, not Wanda.

Another great episode. I really felt for Monica in this episode, when she said she wanted to help Wanda because she knows how she feels.

I'm surprised Wanda spoke so freely about her control of the townspeople when she asked "You don't think it's wrong?"

Peters was great in this episode but still #NotMyPietro
I must admit, I didn't quite like this.

Wanda is (or was?) an Avenger, and their purpose was to protect people and their free will and now we have Wanda controlling people?

Emotionally pained or not, that's just not right, and I'm surprised further that her brother (wherever he's from) is okay with al of this.

Makes you think a bit about the future too, in the sense that if Wanda is this powerful, how would she hold up to the likes of Thor or Carol, and if Wanda is in the next Avengers film, how much of a threat will the next villain truly be if Wanda can pull all of this off.

I got a little scrubs vibes as well with Billy and Tommy when someone says something, the other watch in the air like a daydream and remembering about it. I really hope they do the modern family opening somehow next week.:D

To Pietro: I think Wanda was skeptical about all the questions he asked and with the line "Your dead husband cant die twice" I doubt they dont trust him more. I was very happy she kicked his ass here.:ali:

I don't think Wanda will be the cause of the x-gene, simply because the multiverse is soon coming into play. Somehow the x-gene will be a repercussion of that, not Wanda.

Wanda is (or was?) an Avenger, and their purpose was to protect people and their free will and now we have Wanda controlling people?

Emotionally pained or not, that's just not right, and I'm surprised further that her brother (wherever he's from) is okay with al of this.

Makes you think a bit about the future too, in the sense that if Wanda is this powerful, how would she hold up to the likes of Thor or Carol, and if Wanda is in the next Avengers film, how much of a threat will the next villain truly be if Wanda can pull all of this off.
I don’t want her to be too villainous so I hope we see some other villain responsible for manipulating her.

Also for all Wanda’s powers she will always be a glass cannon unlike for eg Thor and Cap Marvel.

latest

Sorry. Couldn't resist. lol
Ha, what’s that? Sorry, I didn’t get it. :O

I mean the biggest sitcoms of the 1990s were probably Friends and Seinfeld. Probably didn't fit the mold of the story they were trying to tell now that they had growing kids.

ALSO,

Shows like Full House and Family Matters, while they were big in the 1990s, actually debuted in the 1980s. Full House debuted in 1987.

Frasier was another big comedy in the 90s. I think Marvel said they were only using family based shows. Although there was a lot of stuff about family in Frasier, but they were all adults.

Does anyone have a full length screenshot of Wanda in her Scarlet Witch costume where it also shows her pink tights and red boots?

Another great episode. They’re doing great with keeping us in the dark on what’s really going on. The mystery is still there and so many questions. I realized it was supposed to be Malcolm In The Middle right away. But I actually didn’t like that show, at all. Am I the only one? Was not my thing.

I think the song writers said they didn't really watch sitcoms in the 90s because they were in college or something and didn't have time. They found writing a theme for the 90s the most difficult era whereas they didn't even have to research the 70s or 80s. I don't know if that's part of why they even skipped over a more 90s theme song. This sounds more like punk pop from the 2000s.

They could've also referenced Sabrina the Teenage Witch since that was mostly a 90s show and would've been appropriate.

In the comics Brashear is an older fellow. Maybe he will be her mom's old boyfriend?
He is kinda old, but isn't he more like MCU Carol in that he just stays young for longer? I think he and Monica have dated in more recent comics.

Could Wanda’s bubble be the cause of the Inhuman, or at least Kamala Khan’s powers... since Westview is in New Jersey.

I wonder how they’re gonna address that. I was just guessing that they’d retcon her into being a mutant.

Then that's a really contrived and silly narrative device.

id argue that there’s not really any way to do it that isn’t contrived at this point.

in order for mutants to exist in the MCU, they’ll have to come into being. They can’t always exist, because that’s a contradiction with earlier films. This is just the hand that the MCU has been dealt.

id argue that there’s not really any way to do it that isn’t contrived at this point.

in order for mutants to exist in the MCU, they’ll have to come into being. They can’t always exist, because that’s a contradiction with earlier films. This is just the hand that the MCU has been dealt.

How does it contradict earlier films? Why can't they come into being?

I wonder how they’re gonna address that. I was just guessing that they’d retcon her into being a mutant.

I don't know about retconning. Maybe recategorising. When further research or discoveries are made, scientists aren't retconning what happened before. They simply say that they didn't have as much information and based their previous findings or categories on existing info, but now that they have more they wish to be more accurate.

For example, Pluto has been classified as a dwarf planet since 2006. It wasn't retconned. It was simply that the International Astronomical Union formally defined what they considered to be a planet, and it didn't meet certain criteria.

1. The object must be in orbit around the Sun.
2. The object must be massive enough to be rounded by its own gravity. More specifically, its own gravity should pull it into a shape defined by hydrostatic equilibrium.
3. It must have cleared the neighborhood around its orbit.

Pluto didn't meet the 3rd criteria even though traditionally it's always been considered a planet.

So maybe SWORD or SHIELD scientists invent a new category for certain types of individuals which they call "mutants". It doesn't mean that these people didn't all exist before but that they were not categorised as such but categorised as something else.

Evans was great in this. He really nailed the “goofball brother” character from that decade.

\

\.
It makes me wonder when all this is said and done, if she's going to have issues being an Avenger after this. Like, she might feel unworthy because she lets her powers/emotions get the best of her here.

The total dismissal of what Wanda does continues. Hayward is thrown more into villainous status. Of course, he's a villain, he dared question the Avengers and their fan club (who are all treated as in the right in their actions), which only a villain would do.

I expected more out of this show. Instead of, what I think is, this protagonist centered morality. It reminds me of Arrow, in a way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"