WandaVision WandaVision: Season 1 Episode 7: Spoilers

I don't know if I think that that is how a sitcom would do or have the character act. I don't care about the catchy. I'm talking about the character. She's not a sitcom character, as far as I think.

She's still in a sitcom. It's not that complicated. And based on Agatha's personality so far, she absolutely would reveal herself with a tune and a laugh. Sheesh.

His shirt says “Presto” which is a word often used during a magic trick. Possible clue?D98A41AC-BA03-40B5-98A1-111371D15510.jpeg

I wonder if the neXt episode is going to be pay homage to mid to late 2010s sitcoms?

I wonder if the neXt episode is going to be pay homage to mid to late 2010s sitcoms?

I hope this was the last episode to pay homages to tv shows since we now know Agatha is involved and Monica and Darcy are in Westview.

maybe its just because we are too close to the 2010s, but i feel like they havent changed a heck of a lot since the office/modern family.

what i'd like to see is like, "dark creepy twisted take" on the exact same intro as episode7. More Mockumentary fun, and then Krasinski Reed Richards reveal.

I think the next episode is a flashback to show Wanda breaking Vision out
Yeah I'm guessing that'll be a big part of it and we'll find out Agatha's plan alongside it. Should be interesting.

Modern Family is kind of the current era of TV. This is the last sitcom we are getting and I'm sure the facade is over now and we are onto the final bit with Agatha.

Yeah I think we all had an inkling who she really was but it was still crazy to see the reveal.

But to me, episode 7 felt cheap, and somehow simultaneously felt too short and like filler. And so many just, head scratcher moments. Even the Spectrum/Photon reveal? Like wtf. "I CAN GET THROUGH" *runs straight into a wall of destructive energy for no apparent reason*

It's a wall she'd been through twice already, and doesn't destroy things, it changes them. And "no reason"? The reason is to get to Wanda and to put an end to the Hex.

I just expected more from these series. I felt like we were promised high budget content with quality A-tier characters and villains. I gotta be honest, I was expecting a Mephisto-caliber villain rather than "Agatha Harkness" -_-

Why assume Harkness is the final villain?

And this was THE "Office" themed episode, the amount of hype that would have been generated by introducing the John Krasinski Reed Richards would have shook the ENTIRE world. It blows my mind they would pass up on that opportunity.

More Modern Family than office.

She's still in a sitcom. It's not that complicated. And based on Agatha's personality so far, she absolutely would reveal herself with a tune and a laugh. Sheesh.
I wasn't talking about the tune. But the character. They're not in a sitcom. I think it's a manifestation of Wanda's issues. Agatha isn't being controlled by Wanda to act like a sitcom character as far as I think was shown.
It's a wall she'd been through twice already, and doesn't destroy things, it changes them. And "no reason"? The reason is to get to Wanda and to put an end to the Hex.
A wall she'd been sucked into and thrown thru, not forced her way through. Why would she think she can do that?

I wasn't talking about the tune. But the character. They're not in a sitcom. I think it's a manifestation of Wanda's issues. Agatha isn't being controlled by Wanda to act like a sitcom character as far as I think was shown.A wall she'd been sucked into and thrown thru, not forced her way through. Why would she think she can do that?

Agatha has been acting that sitcom-y way this entire series so far. The laugh is completely in character.

You're nitpicking on something that is such a non issue.

"It was Agatha all a long" is one of the greatest reveals in television history. Not so much the twist, hell we all saw this coming when we first seen Agnes in the trailers, but from the execution. The theme song and Kathryn Hahn were just too perfect. A+

I don't think Agatha created or maintain the sitcom. I feel she was up to no good and Wanda somehow co-opted her spell and she's been manipulating things to discover how Wanda was able to do this on such a huge scale.

Also in case this hasn't been mentioned before this episode does have a post credit scene, kind of lame to start doing that now once you establish none in the first 6 episodes.

No it makes sense because the era of modern family is when it became commonplace to do stingers.

so in retrospect...what narrative purpose did meeting this “engineer” really end up contributing if the space rover didnt work and Monica just ended up entering the Hex field on her own anyway?
I'm pretty sure the rover cracks the shield Wanda put over the Hex which allows her to cross the barrier.

That depends on your point of view , Because Agatha has been a challenging antagonistic character to both Susan Richards and Wanda Maximoff in the comics.
I know Agatha Harkness to be a tough teacher/mentor to Wanda but an outright evil person is something I never really associate with her. Then again, I have a limited exposure the character so there may be portrayals of her which cast her in a more sinister light. The character has never been a villain to me.

Last edited:
Whats with the John Kransiski as Reed Richards hype? Is tbere something I missed from leaks? Besides he is not a good actor and is too tall for Reed Richards. I dont get they excitement for his as the F4 leader

I was a bit disappointed by episode 7. I feel I have been patient with this show. Episodes 1-6 feel disjointed and like they lack cohesion but I was mostly okay with that. Obviously there's an aspect of this that is intentional and I like the idea of weirdness in the show about Wanda and Vision.

Ontop of that I felt the show continued to make improvements in the first 6 episodes, increasing intrigue and asking really exciting questions (like "who is the aerospace engineer" and "who is pulling these strings?" etc.)

But to me, episode 7 felt cheap, and somehow simultaneously felt too short and like filler. And so many just, head scratcher moments. Even the Spectrum/Photon reveal? Like wtf. "I CAN GET THROUGH" *runs straight into a wall of destructive energy for no apparent reason*

I just expected more from these series. I felt like we were promised high budget content with quality A-tier characters and villains. I gotta be honest, I was expecting a Mephisto-caliber villain rather than "Agatha Harkness" -_-

And this was THE "Office" themed episode, the amount of hype that would have been generated by introducing the John Krasinski Reed Richards would have shook the ENTIRE world. It blows my mind they would pass up on that opportunity.

I'm trying not to get sucked into fan theories, its just hard when they are so much more exciting than the content that the show is putting out.

The biggest question going into the D+ shows for me has been "will this show feel awesome like Netflix Daredevil or meh like Agents of Shield" and as of ep 7, I'm unfortunately leaning AoS.

idk, just feels like the show is falling flat. 2 more episodes and I hope they prove me wrong.
In my opinion, the scenes with the 2:40:1 aspect ratio could have been more cinematic. Starting from episode 6, the scenes with that aspect ratio are looking very tv-ish to Me.

And aside from Monica entering the Westfield and Wanda entering the basement, there's not much in the episode that I would keep if I make a movie edit of the entire series.

And I feel like the Photon reveal would have looked so much better if this was an actual movie... the visual effects are starting look like generic tv show vfX to me. So thats alarming to me. the difference between a MCU film and Mcu streaming series - in terms of cinematography, vfx are really showing now. Now imagine once we get to Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye. Yeah I didn't believe we are going to get consistent movie like quality cinematography and vfX from the start.

Last edited:
I know Agatha Harkness to be a tough teacher/mentor to Wanda but an outright evil person is something I never really associated with her. Then again, I have a limited exposure the character so there may be portrayals of her which cast her in a more sinister light.

Yeah, while her motives occasionally bordered on the enigmatic, she was generally benevolent/well-intentioned. This is a relatively different take on the character.

Whats with the John Kransiski as Reed Richards hype? Is tbere something I missed from leaks? Besides he is not a good actor and is too tall for Reed Richards. I dont get they excitement for his as the F4 leader
Wrong thread.

I think the fancast has become annoying and overblown largely thanks to people obsessively fancasting him when there are much better choices out there, but have you seen Krasinski in anything other than the Office? Have you seen the Quiet Place and the Jack Ryan Amazon series? He’s no Marlon Brando but he isn’t a bad actor by any stretch of the imagination.

But I don’t want him as Reed at all, nor do I want Blunt as Sue for that matter.

Bit of a slow episodes until the end, glad they gave a credit scene for once. I hope Pietro stays since Agatha possibly dragged him from another universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"