WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

I don't think that's confirmation of Strange not popping up as much as the "cameo" not being Strange. Plus, most fans were expecting him to be in the finale to begin with, so not exactly a surprise if he pops up.

Wouldn’t it be absolutely bonkers if the surprise cameo ended up being Tobey McGuire?

Now there’s zero chance that it will be, but imagine how much people will lose their minds over that.

I was definitely hoping for Strange. But having him pop in for Episode 9 to fix the witch problem may come off as a smidge sexist. I want the gals to figure out their issues and go on to being BFFs!

Why are people automatically assuming that if Strange is in the finale, it has to be because he'll act as a deus ex machina in the climax? He could just pop up at the end or the last ten minutes to set up Multiverse Of Madness. :dry:

Honestly, I love the whole speculations so far of who may show up. But I'm going in, with the expectation that the story is self-contained. So no insane cameos or anything like that.

However, if something surprising does show up and confirms any of your guy's theories... I will undoubtedly give kudos and dues to them.

Yeah, not really expecting anything other than a Doctor Strange appearance at the end. If Paul Bettany's comments were misdirection as well as the identity of the aerospace engineer (pretty sure it's the Major at this point), what's to say they're not doing the same with Evan Peters who's obviously been cast purely for nothing but meta purposes if Kevin Feige's recent comments about him are anything to go by?

I'm already picturing the outrage online because a lot of folks have expectations that will not be met.

Yeah, not really expecting anything other than a Doctor Strange appearance at the end. If Paul Bettany's comments were misdirection as well as the identity of the aerospace engineer (pretty sure it's the Major at this point), what's to say they're not doing the same with Evan Peters who's obviously been cast purely for nothing but meta purposes if Kevin Feige's recent comments about him are anything to go by?

I'm already picturing the outrage online because a lot of folks have expectations that will not be met.

If that's the case, and Evan Peters is truly just some random coincidence.... then I would think that Marvel would expect backlash from that. Do they think that a good portion of their audience enjoys being trolled?

I would be upset, personally.

Yeah the Evan Peters Quicksilver appearing as just some meta reference would annoy the **** outta me. I will have no complaints if speculation about big cameos don't come to pass, but Marvel presented us with Peters. They had to know how fans would react. If it's just a troll job then it'll feel like a slap in the face.

I can easily seeing dr strange showing up, I mean Agatha felt the hex magic and she came to investigate it..you mean to tell me "The Sorcerer Supreme" couldnt sense this. He's just in the state over. My bet its prof x , magneto , or toby maguire that shows up

If Pietro is just an illusion I'd feel no Ill will at all, now If they had said specifically that Evan Peters Quicksilver shows up and then he doesn't? That's a little different but at this point all I need is to see Wanda resolve and overcome some of her pain and anger. Give me that and the show will be a success for me.

I went back and watched the scene in Far From Home where they talk about the multiverse and such, and Peter asks where the other Avengers are, when he mentions Doctor Strange, the reply is "unavailable." Very vague, but I'm convinced he's unavailable because of the fall-out from WandaVision.

OK so the director pretty much staying away from saying Agness as a "villain"

"That’s a good question, but is she the villain of WandaVision? We’ll have to see. First of all, she’s played by Kathryn Hahn, so that makes her very much worthy of being a big bad because she’s amazing and can do anything. But this is a story about learning who the Scarlet Witch is. Who is Wanda Maximoff, really? A story that involves magic like that needs another witch to be part of that story. Agatha Harkness, certainly in the comics, has been a mentor at times as well and there’s going to be a lot of things Wanda can learn from her."

Which makes sense cause if she was a villain and succeeds in her goal to kill Wanda then she pretty much would single handedly save Westview from the hex which makes her a awful villain

I doubt this would happen but I would rather have the multiverse messed up due to the Avengers time travelling/ Evil Loki jumping dimensions cause it would give time travelling some consequences and not a fix all solution

If Pietro is just an illusion I'd feel no Ill will at all, now If they had said specifically that Evan Peters Quicksilver shows up and then he doesn't? That's a little different but at this point all I need is to see Wanda resolve and overcome some of her pain and anger. Give me that and the show will be a success for me.
Eh. If they're trying to build this multiverse arc that will presumably lead to No Way Home and then culminate in Multiverse Of Madness, not having anything multiverse related happen in the Wandavision finale would be perplexing since what would be the point then?

Not to mention that there are folks online who absolutely despise the concept and absolutely don't want it to happen to the point of pettiness. :shrug:

It would still feel like a huge copout if Evan Peters is not playing anyone of relevance after such build-up, so regardless of how you feel about it, that's not how a lot of fans will take it. There would be worse backlash than the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. And for good reason. Even taking all the superhero element out of the equation, it would reek of a contrived "gotcha" moment for the sake of subversion.

Eh. If they're trying to build this multiverse arc that will presumably lead to No Way Home and then culminate in Multiverse Of Madness, not having anything multiverse related happen in the Wandavision finale would be perplexing since what would be the point then?

Not to mention that there are folks online who absolutely despise the concept and absolutely don't want it to happen to the point of pettiness. :shrug:

It would still feel like a huge copout if Evan Peters is not playing anyone of relevance after such build-up, so regardless of how you feel about it, that's not how a lot of fans will take it. There would be worse backlash than the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. And for good reason. Even taking all the superhero element out of the equation, it would reek of a contrived "gotcha" moment for the sake of subversion.
She can still break the Multiverse without it being Pietro, and just because he's not playing Quicksilver doesnt mean he's not someone relevant. No one ever said This show would introduce Mutants or bring any Mutants over. I understand people would be upset but it's not a valid reason to dismiss the entire show because a theory didn't pan out.

Luckily for those people, he probably will end up being Pietro, so it's not a conversation worth having until tomorrow.

Which fans? The way I see it, the people that want Fox Xmen to be acknowledged and some of their actors to continue are they ones who want Fietro to be quicksilver from fox universe. They are the only ones that would be disappointed. The fans that want a complete recast of Xmen don't want Fietro to be quicksilver, they would be relieved and the rest wouldn't care one way or the other.

OK so the director pretty much staying away from saying Agness as a "villain"

"That’s a good question, but is she the villain of WandaVision? We’ll have to see. First of all, she’s played by Kathryn Hahn, so that makes her very much worthy of being a big bad because she’s amazing and can do anything. But this is a story about learning who the Scarlet Witch is. Who is Wanda Maximoff, really? A story that involves magic like that needs another witch to be part of that story. Agatha Harkness, certainly in the comics, has been a mentor at times as well and there’s going to be a lot of things Wanda can learn from her."

Which makes sense cause if she was a villain and succeeds in her goal to kill Wanda then she pretty much would single handedly save Westview from the hex which makes her a awful villain

Well that blew up on my face...

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with how it ended maybe because most of my prediction didn't happen but also it was a cg heavy episode and most of the reveals (Pietro) was really a let down

Yeah I can’t lie, I left out of this episode feeling pretty underwhelmed. A pretty cool character study with some interesting things in the season, but all in all I just kinda feel like it all amounted to not much ‍♂️

Quite underwhelmed by that finale.
I wasn’t expecting all the fan theories to come to fruition, but was at least expecting something. Even just a moment that really tied into the next film. and the QS reveal was pretty crappy.

oh well. At least she’s got the cool costume now

Quite underwhelmed by that finale.
I wasn’t expecting all the fan theories to come to fruition, but was at least expecting something. Even just a moment that really tied into the next film. and the QS reveal was pretty crappy.

oh well. At least she’s got the cool costume now
The post-credits sequence with Wanda in the cabin seems to set up Dr. Strange 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"