Wants, Hopes, and Theories on Season 2 (S1 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Mandalorian' started by Blackman, Dec 27, 2019.

1. MadVillainy C'mon Son

Title.

S1 just ended. What are thinking about for S2

2. TheVileOne Registered

I think we need a better resolution for The Child story at end of Season 2. Also, finally kill off Moff Gideon. Letting Gideon live like that was some Saturday morning cartoon nonsense. I knew he'd be fine when there was no explosion on impact.

I imagine Din Djarin will run into the outlaw gang from episode 6 again at some point since they are all still alive and kicking. They will definitely want some payback.

Since Din has cleared things up with Karga, I hope we will still see more of Greef Karga and Cara Dune.

KaijuDude1992 and GREEN =w= DAY like this.
  3. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Repost from the other tread.
    Mondragon, post: 38002434, member: 83374"]

So chapter 2 will be the quest to find the Yoby's home planet.
    Honestly hope he never finds it, and it remains a mystery.
    He has to make the Yoby one of his own, as per his cigal, recruited the into his tribe :cwink:

#3 Mondragon, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    TheVileOne likes this.
  4. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Would like to see the following:

How Gideon came into possession of Darksaber and if anyway there is a connection to Rebels

If there is going to be a connection to Rebels, and I hope so because of Filoni’s involvement, would like to see Sabine make an appearance

Was that Boba Fett who popped up at the end of episode 5? You can’t mysteriously tease something like that and then completely ignore it

Learn more about Baby Yoda. His species, where he came from, why Moff Gideon is so obsessed with him?

TheVileOne, Karelia and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  5. Orba Registered

The appearance of the Dark sabre certainly opens up some interesting story paths. If Din gets hold of the sabre then we could be looking at him getting involved in the rebuilding of the Mandalorian people, no more hiding in sewers.

6. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

Bo-Katan and some live action Mauldalorians.

Nathan_Koren likes this.
  7. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

Also, will Mando still hate/distrust droids? I figure after IG-11 saved his life and then sacrificed himself to let the crew escape, his views towards droids might change

Nathan_Koren likes this.
  8. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Is this a typo or a hybrid of Darth Maul and a Mando? Cause that would be awesome! :cwink:!
    :oldrazz:

Nathan_Koren likes this.
  9. Zorro IncognitoX

I hope Mando does find the child's home planet and learns the species name and little tidbits so we can finally get some info ourselves but turns out to be abandoned or something and so a mystery remains. Kinda like going to mars or something

10. TheVileOne Registered

So if Moff Gideon has the Dark sabre, isn't he the rightful ruler of the Mandalorians now?

Karelia likes this.
  11. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Hopefully we get more concrete info on the Imperial-Mandalorian conflict, Moff Gideon’s atrocities etc...

Also, bring in Boba.

KRYPTON INC. and Karelia like this.
  12. Sithborg Dark Forces Return

I mean, Death Watch split when Maul took it. So, I imagine it being in the hands of a non-Mando makes is up for debate among the Mandos.

TheVileOne likes this.
  13. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Want: Christopher Walken as an Ugnaught.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  14. writer0327 Registered

1. I want some time to have progressed between the first and second season, maybe a period of a year.
    2. I want to see some progression between Din and BY's relationship, maybe they have learned some form of communication that is unique to them.
    3. I hope we get a lot of background for Gideon. His character is fascinating. What is his personal attachment to BY?
    4. Explain what is the status of the Empire. We know they are gone but these former Imps certainly seem floating around a lot with considerable numbers.
    5. Sabine's status,
    6. Greef and Cara will develop a fast friendship, plus I want to see the bounty hunting business up and thriving, although I don't think that planet is safe as Greef thinks it is.

15. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

A new set of armor and ship for Din Jarrin, more info on the Imperial-Mandalorian conflict. Encounters with other Mandalorians.

-VisionsVision- likes this.
  16. Orba Registered

I'm guessing that Giddeon will continue to be a problem and that over the season we will find out about Giddeon's involvement in "The Purge" and what has happened to the Mandalorian people. I don't think Din will be the one who ends up with the Dark sabre when Giddeon is defeated, its just too powerful a symbol to the Mandalorians for him to carry it and allow the show to continue its "Lone Wolf and Cub" thing. I'm guessing that it might be someone like 'The Armourer' that ends up with it, then they can have a storyline of the reuniting and reconstruction of the Mandalorian people going on in the background without forcing Din and the Child to be directly involved in all of it. Instead he can be involved now and then without taking away from the two's own quest. It might also be seen as symbolic if the person to rebuild the Mandalorians is called "The Armourer", although we don't know her real name, its possible that the reason we have not heard it so far it that there is something significant about it, that she is either someone we know or is connected to someone siginificant.

17. Mondragon My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey

Defeating Gideon (that 's personal) and returning the sabre to his people, seems an inevitability of his quest.

#17 Mondragon, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    TheVileOne and Karelia like this.
  18. TheVileOne Registered

I will be curious to see when he figures out if Gideon is still alive and has the darksaber, or if will already know about Gideon when they start the story of Season 2. Like he will have already figured out at that point that Gideon survived and is still chasing after him and the child.

19. ericadawn16 Registered

I think Bo-Katan is the Armourer and that's why we never had a name. I also really want Sabine...I can't remember about the timeline of this versus the ending of Rebels. Norra Wexley would be nice, too.

20. Loden Greatstorm Boba Fett

Yes, yes and yes!

I also want Din to obtain the dark sabre.

21. TheVileOne Registered

Mainly want a better explanation and fleshing out for Mandalorian culture.

22. Nathan_Koren This is the way...

While I don't think the Armorer is Bo...since she never used an accent in Clone Wars...i believe shes out there still somewhere in the galaxy...if not, then I can see her still appearing through flashbacks.

23. Loden Greatstorm Boba Fett

I want the child to start talking.

Nathan_Koren likes this.
  24. godisawesome Registered

I want Star Wars to do something it rarely does - go beyond the idea of a singular, largely homogeneous monolithic culture for a people.

I’d love to see New Mandalorians who don’t wear the armor at all on one end of the spectrum away from the show’s very dogmatic and traditionalist Mandos, and between them flexible Mandalorian Mercs, less dogmatic but still traditional clans, and a few independent Mandos who may or may not qualify depending on who they talk to.

Since Din is from a more traditionalist sect that’s in hiding after the Empire, I’d love to see some Dar’Manda outcasts or even some ex-Imperial Super Commandos.

-VisionsVision- likes this.
  25. Loden Greatstorm Boba Fett

That would be awesome.