Warhammer Online.

Cosmic

Mystic
Reaction score
Where is the hype? This game looks pretty good, and MMORPG'ers I talk to are watching its development very closely. Anybody here interested in playing this?

I will be once it comes out. The problem is that you have some morons here who think that WoW is the greatest thing since sliced bread and refer to WAR as "World of Warhammer". It's annoying, but I guess it can be passed off as ignorance/lack of taste.

There WAS a previous thread for this game. It was injustly allowed to die, though.

I was really looking forward to Warhammer after some generally piss poor experiences with WoW, but my PC is degenerating and I don't know if she'll be able to handle it. I tried the 14-day trial of Star Wars Galaxies last week just for giggles and even with all the settings turned down it was awfully slow.

Plus, Middle Earth Online looks pretty interesting too, and my friend has been talking about trying it out....so I don't know.

I guess I should start thinking about a new PC...:woot:

MEO sounds like it's going to be good, too. I like the idea of virtue and vice changing your character's appearance and status. It looks like it's not going to be out for a long time, though.

MEO sounds like it's going to be good, too. I like the idea of virtue and vice changing your character's appearance and status. It looks like it's not going to be out for a long time, though.

Wait.. do you mean LOTRO? :huh:

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks! :confused:

I was confused there for a second. I was thinking "Wait.. are there two LOTR games coming out or what?"

I'm waiting for WAR too. In fact, I've been waiting since 2003 for it (it was then called Warhammer Online, WHO, but that fell through, and now, its Warhammer: Age of Reckoning - WAR).

And its WAR! Not WHO, WAR!

Well, I don't blame some people who get confused seeing as Mythic's mainsite address clearly reads "www.warhammeronline.com" :oldrazz:

And if anybody wants more information on this game, warhammeralliance.com isn't too bad of a site to visit. You can sometimes get an elitist air about there, but most of your questions about the game can be answered there pretty readily. One of the bigger fansites so you sometimes get devs posting there as well.

I thought the devs posted on all the WAR forums, not just WHA.

I thought the devs posted on all the WAR forums, not just WHA.

Not all of them. They mainly post on the bigger ones, with the smaller ones maybe getting a post or two now and then. The reason I say WHA is because they are fairly consistent with posting there, so it's much easier to get questions answered by someone who would know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"