Space Jam: A New Legacy

I'll be dipped in s*** and rolled in breadcrumbs if this actually happens.

And ESPN will have a field day with yet another MJ/LeBron comparison.

Honestly, it wouldn't work, conceptually. Space Jam relied on MJ's natural charisma, likeability and charm. You need a figure like that to make a Looney Toons movie work. LeBron doesn't have that.

MJ, even with his PR problems over gambling and what not in the early 90s, never had as negative of a perception as LeBron. One may not have been a Bulls fan, but there was never genuine dislike of MJ. LeBron on the other hand is a PR nightmare. He goes around, ranting about how he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him, but every move he makes is like a child desperately seeking mommy and daddy's approval. It makes him come off as both needy and a jerk. Its created a unique and compelling sports figure, but his handlers have not created a likeable figure (I'm sure Miami fans would disagree, unless LeBron went to New York or Chicago instead of Miami 4 years ago, then they'd say the same).

But yeah, LeBron is not likeable enough to make this work. Making a sequel to Space Jam starring LeBron James is the equivalent to remaking Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a show built on its feminist undertones) starring Ben Roethlisberger.

Honestly, it wouldn't work, conceptually. Space Jam relied on MJ's natural charisma, likeability and charm. You need a figure like that to make a Looney Toons movie work. LeBron doesn't have that.

MJ, even with his PR problems over gambling and what not in the early 90s, never had as negative of a perception as LeBron. One may not have been a Bulls fan, but there was never genuine dislike of MJ. LeBron on the other hand is a PR nightmare. He goes around, ranting about how he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him, but every move he makes is like a child desperately seeking mommy and daddy's approval. It makes him come off as both needy and a jerk. Its created a unique and compelling sports figure, but his handlers have not created a likeable figure (I'm sure Miami fans would disagree, unless LeBron went to New York or Chicago instead of Miami 4 years ago, then they'd say the same).

But yeah, LeBron is not likeable enough to make this work. Making a sequel to Space Jam starring LeBron James is the equivalent to remaking Buffy the Vampire Slayer (a show built on its feminist undertones) starring Ben Roethlisberger.

I'd watch that.

:hehe:

tumblr_mahalmK0zT1qfe62ro1_400.gif

Right, this is an objective view.

LeBron is a PR nightmare, yeah no he's not. The only people who really dislike him are people in Cleveland. And, as much as I enjoyed the first movie (which I did) MJ in that movie wasn't much more "charismatic" than LeBron is anytime I hear him speak. Maybe he is in real life, but not in the movie. Wayne Knight and Bill Murray, on the other hand, they were charismatic.

Words really cannot explain what this made me feel, I don't know if I died and went to bad place or it's the worst nightmare I've ever had.

It's a kids movie, you think Kids give a damn about all that nonsense you talking about?

This'll be da best movie evar! It'll be the new Plan 9 from outer space.

Space Jam is one the most enjoyable pieces of crap from the 90's. A sequel will be worth a look just based on nostalgia and the potential for this to surpass it in awesome stupidity. We need a cover of "I Believe I Can Fly" with lots of auto tune as well.

Nice journalism Deadline. Yeah this is completely fake, already been debunked

Space Jam will always be one of my favorites. MJ's stilted acting has become a cult thing, and the movie made no bones about it basically being a cash-in with all the inside digs at WB and the industry in general.

I think that has less to do with Lebron and more so with how every athletes smallest move or comment is scrutinized 24/7 by the media and internet now.

I respect Jordan as an athlete but he was a known a-hole. If TMZ was around in the 90's and some of his stories leaked then, he would have had a very different perception in the public.

Not to mention LeBron's rep has improved a lot since the "decision" in 2010.

What was the last bad thing LeBron did? Made fun of a sick Dirk Nowitzki with Dwyane Wade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"