Space Jam: A New Legacy

I was 10 years old in 96 when this film opened and the biggest Michael Jordan fan. I saw the film 12 times in its run at the cinemas, collected all the tazos, bought it on VHS and got the collectors coin with it that I still have to this day. One of the best times of my young life. Go watch space jam, come home, eat mcdonalddM watch goosebumps, Hercules, Xena and then a whole bunch of movies I'd get from blockbuster and eat munchies all night. What a childhood. Space jam holds a very special place in my heart. Still get goosebumps with the opening scene with young Michael as it cuts to the opening credits.

First one is one of my guilty pleasures even though i wish it was just a full length animated film than a Roger Rabbit wannabe, but i do have to admit i dug Lola Bunny since i was 15 years old as she is on par with other furry beauties like Cleo from Heathcliff, Minerva Mink, Julie Bruin from Tiny Toons, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Callie Briggs from Swat Kats and more, LOL.

But don't think this sequel is necessary.

I wonder how many people are thinking "WNBA.....that's still around?" It is. A lot of current and former WNBA players cover the NBA for either NBA TV or ESPN, Chiney Ogwumike included. Candace Parker as well. They are teammates in LA alongside Nneka Ogwumike. Their head coach in LA is Derek Fisher.

Stephen Curry Turned Down Cameo in 'Space Jam 2'

Additionally, the script is said to spend less time with NBA legends than the original film, which saw NBA players Danny Ainge, Steve Kerr, Alonzo Mourning, Horace Grant, A.C. Green, Scottie Pippen, Charles Oakley, Luc Longley, Cedric Ceballos, Derek Harper, Vlade Divac, Brian Shaw, Jeff Malone, Bill Wennington, Anthony Miller and Sharone Wright all cameo. Space Jam 2 will spend more time with LeBron's family, and a teenage boy named Dom is said to be the second lead.

Cool to hear he's ready.

Hmm. Well he did direct Undercover Brother, one of my favorite comedies.

‘Space Jam 2’: Malcolm D. Lee Takes Over As Director On Looney Tunes Sequel – Deadline

Malcolm D. Lee is taking over the directing reins on Warner Bros./SpringHill Entertainment’s Space Jam 2 from Terence Nance.

We hear that Nance’s departure from the project was amicable, and essentially the filmmaker and the studio/producers had different takes on the creative vision for Space Jam 2.

Uh oh.

You think those creative differences would've been worked out way before now. Sounds like Nance wanted something fresh, and the studio wanted something more generic, hence the hiring of Lee.

Experimentation is frowned upon when it comes to franchises

Lebron confirmed trash man. I'm glad his hairline left

Never really a good thing to get a new director once filming has already begun. Results on those films are hardly stellar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"