Space Jam: A New Legacy

I was! :hehe:

I think the real question is "Are kids into Looney Tunes at all these days?"

Don't think so man. This new age cartoon is crap. Not like the 80/90's.

They'll play up to the nostalgia in this.

Don't think so man. This new age cartoon is crap. Not like the 80/90's.

They'll play up to the nostalgia in this.

I've actually heard it's pretty good. But, I've only seen clips.

I recently saw this and was cracking up throughout...

[YT]kHpXle4NqWI[/YT]

Bow down to him!
:barf: never!
My allegiance is to Timmy and my spurs!
introduction-tim-duncan1.jpg

I could see the sequel having a cameo from MJ, as Bugs Bunny tries to bring back a pro basketball player for what will probably be a rehash of the first film, but this time MJ says "Sorry Bugs, I am retired. For real this time" and he's the owner of the Charlotte Hornets.

I'd imagine the plot will be something like this:

Following his loss to the Warriors in the NBA finals, LeBron tries to flee to yet another super team so he doesn't have to do the heavy lifting. When the Looney Toons ultimately lose to the Mon-Stars, LeBron over-exaggerates a cramp, declares himself the best player in the world, subtly blames his teammates and coach for the loss, then runs to his next super team as the Looney Toons are enslaved.

....It is a much darker sequel.

Last edited:
:lmao:

This seems like a risky move, now that I think about it. I mean, if it doesn't do well..... just imagine all the flopping jokes we'll hear.

tumblr_n5715k5wpc1svefdfo3_r3_400.gif

:lmao:

Honestly, I doubt it will do well. Kids today don't care about the Looney Toons. They were huge in the 90s. How many T-shirts had Taz on them? Watches with Bugs Bunny? The Looney Toons were in. Now? Not so much.

Further, LeBron isn't half as marketable as Jordan was. Jordan was everywhere back then. His image, despite the scandals, was pristine. He just had a likeability about him that LeBron doesn't have. There is a reason LeBron consistently falls in the top 5 of those "most disliked athlete," polls.

Its a different time and this is a flop waiting to happen

I know. It's crazy but there are other similar relics of the 90's like the "You've Got Mail" website is still around (filled with AOL horrors).

Though I think that is a good thing. It is very much like a modern day archeaology finding. This shows you what the internet used to look like back in the beginning.

Space Jam worked partly 'cos Jordan was so huge and well know outside of the US but without someone like that, would it have worked as well as it did? If he wasn't so wooden on camera then I would imagine that there would be money potential with a football (soccer) based sequel featuring David Beckham. At least there is worldwide recognition and mass appeal built in. Or something else which has a lot of world wide appeal/recognition - Wrestling. I'm not saying I want see a plot with Bugs getting in the ring or anything but I sure can imagine Dwayne Johnson been entertaining as hell alongside the Tunes, especially Daffy... hell, even current golden boy John Cena who is massive with what would surely be the target audience - kids..

Anyway, I would actually like to see a new Looney Tunes film, something that harkens back a bit more the older style and gags and something akin to Roger Rabbit (in the sense of how it treated the cartoon/real world split and kinda treated the cartoons more as "actors" compared with the more their world/our world split of Space Jam)...

My idea is "Looney Tunes: To The Rescue"...

Vapor said:
About an old black and white cartoon, Rascal Raccoon (voiced by Christopher Walken), bitter about been forgotten in the transition to colour and in particular the popularity of Bugs Bunny, kidnaps Bugs and threatens to 'rub him out'.

With money and viewing figures falling, the "Warner Brothers" (played by 3 versions of Sam Rockwell) have a new but knowledgeable animation assistant (Zach Braff) who witnessed the kidnapping team up with a small team of Toons - Daffy, Foghorn, Porky and Sylvester to go search the Warner cartoon vaults and save Bugs.

Along the way they will visit iconic backdrops from old cartoons and face the team assembled by Rascal Raccoon, tasked to try stop them - Wyle E, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite and Marvin.

Last edited:
LeBron is "dislike" for the same reason why, say, Derek Jeter, is disliked outside of NYC. Because we as a society have this weird/sad habit of wanting to see people "succeed." But the when they DO succeed, we get annoyed/jealous and look for ways to tear them down.

Like I sad, it's kind of sad really.

Bugs Bunny's 75th anniversary tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if WB announced Space Jam 2 tomorrow.

Space Jam 2 is such an awful idea. I have some nostalgia for the first Space Jam but it's really terrible. Judging by the reception James got for playing himself in Trainwreck though, maybe LeBron actually has some screen presence, and won't be as mind numbingly bad as MJ. LeBron is still going to be working off characters who aren't there however.....yeah this is a stupid position to put a non-actor in.

Bugs Bunny's 75th anniversary tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised if WB announced Space Jam 2 tomorrow.

I'd much rather they announce a genuine attempt to kick the Looney Tunes brand into gear.

I actually liked The Looney Tunes Show well enough. It wasn't as good as the classic shorts or Tiny Toons, but it is better than it's reputation.

I'm genuinely worried that the concept will find no hold in today's market. Looney Tunes as a brand is non-existent right now.

I'm genuinely worried that the concept will find no hold in today's market. Looney Tunes as a brand is non-existent right now.

I still would say they are more appealing than the original Disney characters. Perhaps that isn't saying much though.

I still would say they are more appealing than the original Disney characters. Perhaps that isn't saying much though.

It isn't like they're mutually exclusive. I'd agree both don't have a market in today's time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"