Space Jam: A New Legacy

If the Muppets can be revived successfully, so can the Looney Tunes.

About Space Jam:

- I understand why the producers would use Charles Barkeley, Partrick Ewing, Mugsy Bouges and Larry Johnson, but Shawn Bradley? Shaq would have been perfect and so would have David Robinson, Karl Malone or Hakeem Olajuwon. But Shawn Bradley?

It's one thing I will never understand about the movie. Out of all of the NBA players they could have chosen to go along with two Hall of Famers and two very good players, they choose a white stiff.

I'd much rather they announce a genuine attempt to kick the Looney Tunes brand into gear.

They a new show like a year or two ago but it was Cartoon Network and cancelled I believe which isnt surprising.

I think that the Looney Tunes should go the route of "The Muppets." That movie revived the Muppets brand. Of course, there would need to be people with as much passion over Bugs Bunny, Daffy and the rest as Jason Segel and Nick Stoller were with the Muppets.

I'm sure there are plenty of creative-minded folks that are passionate about Looney Tunes, it just depends on Warner Bros. actually wanting to seek them out and do something.

About Space Jam:

- I understand why the producers would use Charles Barkeley, Partrick Ewing, Mugsy Bouges and Larry Johnson, but Shawn Bradley? Shaq would have been perfect and so would have David Robinson, Karl Malone or Hakeem Olajuwon. But Shawn Bradley?

It's one thing I will never understand about the movie. Out of all of the NBA players they could have chosen to go along with two Hall of Famers and two very good players, they choose a white stiff.

They needed a token white guy? :shrug:

Yes. Muppets did it well. But to achieve the same with a non-actor leading the way would be difficult.

Lebron would replace Jordan in the sequel but which current NBA players in the league right now can replace Charles Barkley, Larry Johnson, Shawn Bradley, Patrick Ewing and Muggsy Bogues in the Space Jam sequel? Well the NBA players that I can think of off the top of my head would be Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Dirk Nowitzki, Russell Westbrook

You think WB might put in a couple of A list stars to go with LeBron to help the movie?

It's getting closer.

http://www.thewrap.com/lebron-james...-hopefully-we-can-do-some-great-things-video/

After LeBron James‘ success in Amy Schumer‘s “Trainwreck,” the NBA star definitely wants to be a part of “Space Jam 2.”

In an interview with “Today,” James said that he’s hoping for a sequel of the original 1996 “Space Jam,” which starred Michael Jordan and “Looney Tunes” favorites Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Tweety Bird.
“We hope so,” said James when asked about his thoughts for the sequel. “We’re definitely missing Bugs and Daffy and Tasmanian Devil and every last one of them, so hopefully we can do some great things.”

You know they'll try it after that. WB won't be like, "nah." Though they did just do the commercial with Blake Griffin vs. Marvin. Kinda shocked he's not doing it, he's a slightly better actor.

You think WB might put in a couple of A list stars to go with LeBron to help the movie?

I know this probably sounds uninspired but what if for the Bill Murray role if they do that again, they bring in Chris Pratt? Chris Pratt would get along with the Looney Tunes.

SpaceJam sequel starring LeBron James to be directed by Justin Lin http://bit.ly/1pX03NC

Justin Lin has signed on to direct “Space Jam 2” for Warner Bros., with Lebron James attached to star.
The original starred Michael Jordan, who teamed up with the Looney Tunes cast to battle a group of aliens in an epic basketball game.

What. The ****.

Now if they go with some newer iterations with Animanics and even Freakazoid I may be inclined to watch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"