Warner Bros. is going Blu-Ray exclusive.

So Gammy, how is Warner going Bluray exlcusive and ending the format war hurting consumers? :o

By implementing an unneeded image quality only noticed by hi-tech dorks, thus forcing regular customers to upgrade to blu-ray in order to get their movies with the full set of features that their all deserve because obviously sd-dvd followers are going to get ****ed up the ass in the end by getting half-assed dvds and feature full blu-ray dvds, which is even more annoying considering that most people, myself included, would be happy with and hdtv and an upscaling dvd player?

블라스;13729303 said:
By implementing an unneeded image quality only noticed by hi-tech dorks, thus forcing regular customers to upgrade to blu-ray in order to get their movies with the full set of features that their all deserve because obviously sd-dvd followers are going to get ****ed up the ass in the end by getting half-assed dvds and feature full blu-ray dvds, which is even more annoying considering that most people, myself included, would be happy with and hdtv and an upscaling dvd player?
there is a noticeable difference in quality between HD and SD. Anyone with eyes can see and for those who actually want that, the option is available to go pay for it. How is ANYONE being forced to upgrade to BR? I dont see your logic if there is any. The only way that will happen is if the studios decided to stop making DVDs in favor of exclusively putting out BRs and thats not going to happen

블라스;13729303 said:

enjoy 300

715p6q0.jpg

honestly I don't know what I'm looking at in that picture, it could be 300, it could be Breakfast at Tiffany's. There's no way of knowing

If you want to show off a really bad DVD, picture wise, just watch Meet The Fockers. I watched it on DVD last night and I was like, "Ow, my eyes!" Wow, it's amazing for a movie that isn't that old to look so dang crappy. There are some DVD's that look good but the ones that don't are like, eww.

I just watched 300 yesterday for the first time. Didnt really like the movie

there is a noticeable difference in quality between HD and SD. Anyone with eyes can see and for those who actually want that, the option is available to go pay for it. How is ANYONE being forced to upgrade to BR? I dont see your logic if there is any. The only way that will happen is if the studios decided to stop making DVDs in favor of exclusively putting out BRs and thats not going to happen

My logic is above you, definitely.

블라스;13730094 said:
Yeah, I do enjoy it.
And also, it looks a hell of a lot better than that version that someone saw on a tv screen full of vaseline up there :up:

You probably just don't realize how it looks since you're sitting at a distance from the TV. In closeups the difference is a little less noticeable, but the detail just isn't there with a DVD. I saw King Kong running side by side on my Bro's TV on DVD and HD-DVD, and the difference was like night and day. Before I got into HD, I thought DVD looked great. But after amassing a shelf full of Blu-Ray movies, DVD DOES look like you're watching the movie through vasoline. It's easily as big a jump as from VHS to DVD.

5 feet = At a distance? :confused:
Anyway, fine, you all win...I hate DVD, I'll throw away my collection, I can't enjoy them anymore, Blu-ray/HD-dvd is the way to go, how could I have been so wrong, etc, etc.
Everyone happy? Yay! :up:

You don't have to throw away your collection or rebuy any of your old DVD collection... so I don't see what the problem is. Upscaled DVDs will still look pretty good, just buy your newer releases in HD (besides you want the best version of Batman: The Dark Knight, don't you?).

You don't have to throw away your collection or rebuy any of your old DVD collection... so I don't see what the problem is. Upscaled DVDs will still look pretty good, just buy your newer releases in HD (besides you want the best version of Batman: The Dark Knight, don't you?).

I was being super sarcastic, Zenien :(
Yeah, I want the best version of The Dark Knight....but if these stupid wars are not decided by the time it gets released on DVD, I'll still buy the regular version, which I know will look great on my HDTV with an upscaling DVD player :up:

블라스;13731410 said:
I was being super sarcastic, Zenien :(
Yeah, I want the best version of The Dark Knight....but if these stupid wars are not decided by the time it gets released on DVD, I'll still buy the regular version, which I know will look great on my HDTV with an upscaling DVD player :up:
what wars? Teh Dark Knight will be released on Bluray and DVD. Since it looks like you dont have any interest in getting BR, then the choice is obvious

what wars? Teh Dark Knight will be released on Bluray and DVD. Since it looks like you dont have any interest in getting BR, then the choice is obvious

Go eat a cucumber, dirtbag.
I never said anything about not being interested in BR or HD...I was talking about next-gen in general :cmad:

블라스;13732184 said:
Go eat a cucumber, dirtbag.
Actually just ate a cucumber. Pretty good as a matter of fact.

I never said anything about not being interested in BR or HD...I was talking about next-gen in general
then why the hostility towards it?

You're acting like a tard Blas. If you don't want to buy blu-ray then just don't f**king buy it. It's that damn simple since DVDs aren't going to go away any time soon.

DVDs = gone by tomorrow. Mark my words.

You're acting like a tard Blas. If you don't want to buy blu-ray then just don't f**king buy it. It's that damn simple since DVDs aren't going to go away any time soon.

Are you being dense on purpose? Do you get what I'm trying to say at all? :huh:

I do, actually. I agree with Extro actually, Blu-ray and HD-DVD are both going to betamax, DVD will probably get a S-DVD thanks to lossless compression. And until it does, I wouldn't look for most people to change their movie format. 480p DVDs look fine enough to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"