Was Optimus a little TOO brutal in this?

Discussion in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' started by terry78, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mr. Earle Registered

I like Armageddon too. The Rock and The Island as well. But ROTF was pretty crappy...

2. Jake Cassidy Registered

The Rock, uh.... rocked.

3. Jake Cassidy Registered

Mr. Earle. Why did you say that top class actors wouldn't work with Bay?

Sean Connery, Nicolas Cage, Ed Harris, Will Smith, Joe Pantoliano, Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton, Will Patton, Steve Buscemi, Jon Voight, Tom Sizemore, Alec Baldwin, David Morse, Djimon Hounsou and Sean Bean aren't good enough for you? :woot:

4. Mr. Earle Registered

I ****ed up! :hehe:

5. Jake Cassidy Registered

Damn right you ****ed up. Ed Harris and Steve Buscemi are 2 of the greatest actors on Earth. :woot:

Did you know that the Simmons character was written for Buscemi? I like Turturro, especially in ROTF, but can you imagine Buscemi in this? Maybe they can write another character for him for the 3rd movie. :yay:

6. Mr. Earle Registered

I love Buscemi, but is he considered one of the good actors of Hollywood? What's his status?
    I think i prefer Torturro as Simmons. He is perfect for the role! I couldnt imagine anyone else. Btw, did Buscemi turn the role down?

7. baerrtt Registered

Tellingly I recall that both Connery and Cage developed their characters without Bay's assistance or indeed sticking to the script. Sean, on signing, brought along some screenwriter friends of his by the names of Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais to rewrite all his dialogue (and they apparently ended up rewriting the whole script) whilst Cage being Cage delivered his then unpredictable, eccentric acting style upon his, on paper, relatively normal character.

8. baerrtt Registered

It's relatively easy to forget as none of those actors have really had anything to work with in that you can say 'Bay helps actors give their best'. All I've seen the guys above do in their work with Bay is 'paycheck' acting.

9. baerrtt Registered

LOL!! Every single Kubrick film wasn't received poorly by critics. Where are you getting that from? DR STRANGEGLOVE, 2001 and A CLOCKWORK ORANGE were all critically acclaimed, Oscar Nominated movies. In fact Kubrick may not have made films for audiences as well as critics but the aformentioned movies (plus SPARTACUS) were received very well by contemporary cinemagoers.

2001 was the second biggest hit of it's year (1968) whilst ACO,despite the controversy, was in the top ten domestic grossing films of 1971.

When Bay can make a film where people don't have to defend it's vapidity with 'he makes films for the blue collar'(when everyone knows that the best blockbusters are made for EVERYONE and not the working class stereotype you're bizarrely coming up with) I'll be impressed.

Spielberg praises him for his action setpieces which are indeed spectacular but in the long run he doesn't get the 'acclaim' you feel he deserves not just because all critics are elitist snobs but because once the explosions stop there isn't ANYTHING there.

10. terry78 baby, that chicken was dry...real dry

When you think about it, what Sideswipe did to Sideways in Shanghai was probably a little more disturbing, even if he was in vehicle mode. :p

11. Mr. Earle Registered

So how many sunflares did Bay shoot in ROTF? For the love of God they were thousands! Goddamn! Does he think its artistic?

12. Marvin Registered

half as many as star trek
    then again again when the story is as good as that, who cares.

13. Marvin Registered

14. The Guard Registered

Mr. Earle, do you remember when I said you spoke in hyperbole?

15. Mr. Earle Registered

Jesus Christ, of course they werent thousands but they were too many!