Revenge of the Fallen Was Optimus a little TOO brutal in this?

Spider-Man's about a step above Blankman in terms of manliness.

True...

Well he was still awesome.

After downgrading Prime in the first one, I'm glad he kicked ass in ROTF.

I sort of saw the execution as Prime putting Demolisher, who was pretty messed up, out of his misery. I don't think Prime took pleasure in killing at all, he was just very singleminded, and did what he perceived he had to do.
"Any last words?"
I hated him in that part. Thats no way for Prime to speak.

Btw, do you guys remember how Bee killed Ravage? He pulled his spine off! And Bay made it even more graphic by adding some yellow goo on that spine, like Ravage was organic or something. That was ****ed up!

^ yeah -- he killed that sucker the same way I used to pull the leaves off a branch as a kid

Granted, he's always been known as the benevolent leader who only uses violence as a last resort, but from other people that have seen it, he seems to pretty much be a straight beast in this one, ripping **** off, tearing Decepticons apart, all that there. I saw the forest scene and enjoyed it, but was that out of character for him, or was it just him saying, "I gotta do what needs to be done because these ****ers won't do any less to me or the humans"?
No Megatron won't listen to reason so Prime did what he had to do. Note in the first he drove his sword through Bonecrusher's head which was also a violent way to finsh someone off. Same goes for Demolishor he just shot him in the head without even asking if he wanted to change sides and have his life spared.

No Megatron won't listen to reason so Prime did what he had to do. Note in the first he drove his sword through Bonecrusher's head which was also a violent way to finsh someone off. Same goes for Demolishor he just shot him in the head without even asking if he wanted to change sides and have his life spared.

could you really trust him if he changed under force like that

could you really trust him if he changed under force like that
I'm sure they could take off any parts on him that would let him contact the Deceptions. Maybe not fix him 100% so he won't be a huge threat. Then fix him when there certain he is loyal.

I'm sure they could take off any parts on him that would let him contact the Deceptions. Maybe not fix him 100% so he won't be a huge threat. Then fix him when there certain he is loyal.

that sounds convoluted

i thought he wasn't brutal enough in the first one. he got his ass handed to him by megs.

and megs was not brutal enough. it's like they switched between TF 1 and 2.

Optimus was on-point in this one! You say brutual...I say bad-ass!

"Any last words?"
I hated him in that part. Thats no way for Prime to speak.

I didn't see anything wrong with that.

Demolishor was harboring a "safe house" for Decepticons in Shanghai, something he shouldn't be doing. He deserved to get shot in the face, especially after Prime asked him nicely to pull over.

Plus, it gave way to Demolishor's cryptic line about the Fallen. Works perfectly, hah.

Btw, do you guys remember how Bee killed Ravage? He pulled his spine off! And Bay made it even more graphic by adding some yellow goo on that spine, like Ravage was organic or something. That was ****ed up!

No.

It was awesome. Showed that Bumblebee can even be a badass.

i thought he wasn't brutal enough in the first one. he got his ass handed to him by megs.

and megs was not brutal enough. it's like they switched between TF 1 and 2.

Although, you can clearly see some parts in the first film's final battle that Prime was giving in some decent punches to Megatron.

Although, I liked how Megatron was in ROTF, he wasn't very intense as Prime was, but he had no problem with stabbing Prime in the back and then letting his anger out on Starscream. Perfect Megs, imo.

No.
It was awesome. Showed that Bumblebee can even be a badass.
I didnt have much of a problem with it really. I was only gross because instead of being mechanical like say Starscream's torn arm, Ravage had some sort of ooze and the skinning turned a bit organic. Creepy but cool.

Although, you can clearly see some parts in the first film's final battle that Prime was giving in some decent punches to Megatron.

forgive me for not freeze framing each scene and taking a microscope to to the background

yes you are correct, but the point is, every time their fight was centerstage, prime was getting pummeled. he got one shot one him, follwoing which he got blown away, and at the end, he lost the fight, fair and square. here's what a mean, even if it was an even 50-50 fight, which it absolutely wasn't, the movie focused on megatron when it was his 50%, making it look like he was making all the hits. you can write it off as bad editing, but to the general casual viewer, he was getting pummeled.

it was not an even fight by any means. whereas in this one it was a more even fight, although it was 3 against one, there was an even number of punches thrown.

and i agree with megs being well done in TF2, but it doesn't really fit the megs from TF1, which i felt was more of a badass. the backstabbing was nice touch. but the rest i felt that he was too submissive. i expected fallen to be defeated because megs somehow betrays him.

Last edited:
It was only because they wanted Megatron to be this all-overwhelming threat in the first film.

They couldn't do it again because they wanted Prime to be more of a badass(I bet those were Bay's exact words).

And the Fallen couldn't be a huge threat because they already made the mistake of saying a Prime can defeat him.

I sort of saw the execution as Prime putting Demolisher, who was pretty messed up, out of his misery. I don't think Prime took pleasure in killing at all, he was just very singleminded, and did what he perceived he had to do.

There was obviously something going on in Shanghai before NEST was called out, or NEST wouldn't have been called out to begin with. They were trying to cover up whatever it was when the autobots arrived, people were fleeing, etc. The implication is that the Decepticons had attacked somewhere. And the threat posed then by Demolisher from the second he transformed and began attacking soldiers and crushing everything in his path was obvious. He killed a number of soldiers and innocent people alike, without much regard for life at all.

Could Prime have offered him a chance to live? I guess so.

Will you all stop with this "Why, the Decepticons are not a threat, they got beaten so easily" crap?

They did not get beaten easily for the most part, hence the massive end battle sequence that took forever to resolve.

Do many of you simply not understand that in order for their to be a triumphant heroes, the villains have to fail at some point?

That said, did you watch the movie in question? The massive amounts of death and destruction the Decepticons caused? Ironhide got a hole blown in him, Arcee was taken out, plenty of soldiers died, buildings demolished, etc...and while Megatron, Starscream, etc took their hits, they weren't exactly pushovers. Neither, in any realistic sense, was The Fallen.

The Decepticons posed a huge threat to normal people. Yes, the military could somewhat defeat them, but not without taking huge casualties.

What does "threat" involve, exactly, in some of your minds?

Oh please. Sabot rounds eat Decepticons for breakfast. Actually, who needs sabot rounds when you have a rail gun that can take out the Decepticons biggest heavy-hitter in one shot? The Autobots really aren't needed at all. Sure, the humans might have had a few more losses without their help, but not much. Also, I can't see one of the Arcee triplets as a big loss (if that one even died).

For the main villain and leader of the Decepticons, the Fallen was considerably weak. His only moment of triumph was his little 'telekinesis' trick that he used on the tanks and knocking off the Jetfire engines off of Super Prime wasn't that impressive. If he was just another Decepticon grunt that would have been okay. But as a main baddie, he was a joke. And he got owned. Period.

Last edited:
I don't understand this "Wah, I wanted The Fallen to have a ten minute fight with Prime, so I expected there to be one, and there wasn't, and I'm pissed" mindset.

The Fallen wasn't a joke. He obviously, while not all powerful, had great power, which was seen in the film. He had a machine that threatened humanity as well.

Is he the best villain ever? No. A joke? Hardly.

And yes, he got owned. He was supposed to get owned. That's the entire point of the sequence.

You don't show a guy who can Teleport and levitate **** get beat down in like a minute because Optimus got a jetpack and powerboost. The fight didn't need to be 10 minutes long, but they should have shortened the battle with the Decepticon army and have the fight with the Fallen be at least a couple minutes longer.

You don't show a guy who can Teleport and levitate **** get beat down in like a minute because Optimus got a jetpack and powerboost. The fight didn't need to be 10 minutes long, but they should have shortened the battle with the Decepticon army and have the fight with the Fallen be at least a couple minutes longer.
yep that was the problem. in the final battle tehy showed waaaaaay to much of the military to please the real military. now i understand why they give Bay so much.

"Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons."

'Nuff said.

Are you people provding two or three word answers just reading the title of the thread and not reading the comments?

You don't?

Let's reason this out?

What would levitating stuff help him in a battle with Prime? If Prime's holding him, how is teleporting going to help The Fallen much?

Where is it written that fights have to be a certain length to be satisfying?

Emperor Palpatine just got picked up and thrown into the central core in Star Wars. Who says someone with power can't go out like a *****? Isn't that the point of good triumphing over evil? I mean, that's clearly, clearly the point of the scene. Why does the fight have to be four, five minutes long (What was The Joker and Batman's in THE DARK KNIGHT, a minute or so)? The intent of the scene is to show Optimus coming back and getting the job done with his new parts, is it not?

Ohhh, you all want to see the imaginary tension as to whether Prime will win or not. Fair enough. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the oh-so-predictable finabl hero/villain battle where

1. The hero shows up.

2. Oh no, the villain somehow got the upper hand even though the hero is more skilled at combat.

3. Oh, good, the hero won somehow.

That's, beyond the basic visuals, kind of boring when you see it over and over and over again. Here you had Prime, despite The Fallen's obvious attempts to fight back, and The Fallen's obvious relative strength, OWN this personification of evil in the Transformer world, take him to task big time, and RIP THE THING'S FACE OFF. It may have been fast, but what it wasn't was cliche compared to most modern superhero/action battles and fights.

Last edited:
Goddamn it Guard, you are willing to defend even the most obvious flaws of the film. Even those that you have previously admitted! Damn!

Tell me how this is inherently a flaw in the movie. It's something that could have been done better probably, but how does that alone make it a crappy element? Show me why it fails on every level from a story, structure, and execution standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"