Days of Future Past Was Quicksilver originally intended to be Northstar? (Some spoilers)

3 Dev Adam

I AM THE GREEN VENOM!
Reaction score
I think there is at lear ONE clue to that.

Wolverine KNOWS the older version of Quicksilver. That would make more sense if Quicksilver was, in fact, his pal from the Alpha Flight.

(BTW, they blew up the chance of including the Alpha Flight - Tyrion could've been a terrific Puck, heh heh!)

Northstar is, at least in old 616-Marvel canon, FASTER than Quicksilver and able to reach near-lightspeed - a thing that Quicksiver cannot do. But that's a technicality.

Oh, and just like Quicksilver, Northstar has a twin sister.

No, it was actually supposed to be Juggarnaut.

Yeah it was going to be Juggernaut, and he was going to be played by the guy who played young Stryker.

Now X3 has been erased, it would truly be great to see Juggernaut done properly. Even if that means all CGI.

Idts, singer wanted QS since first class.

Now X3 has been erased, it would truly be great to see Juggernaut done properly. Even if that means all CGI.

Ditto on Phoenix.

I thought it was meant to be northstar. Just look at the fashion.

Plus, what a shame to miss out on seeing such a kickass scene with a gay superhero. That might not mean a lot to a lot of people but it would sure mean a lot to me

I thought it was meant to be northstar. Just look at the fashion.

Plus, what a shame to miss out on seeing such a kickass scene with a gay superhero. That might not mean a lot to a lot of people but it would sure mean a lot to me

Well they could still make Quicksilver gay in the next movie, if they want to.

His speed far exceeds comic Quicksilvers. So it could be possible.

Or Singer was just like "I've got a really cool idea for a scene, lets use a speedster" and it didn't matter who.

Why is movie Quicksilver faster than his comicbook counterpart? I don't get how you measured his speed :)

Comic Quicksilver is supersonic. In the lower machs. He's no faster than someone like Thor.

Movie Quicksilver is high end mach speeds. Hypersonic. Not faster than light like a Flash or Silver Surfer. But way beyond how he's ever been portrayed in the comics.

So I don't understand why people compare him with Northstar.

Northstar is boring. He doesn't deserve to be in the movie. Quicksilver is more iconic.

Neither are anywhere near iconic. People who don't read the comics wouldn't have known the difference.

Quicksilver is son of Magneto at least :D.

Quicksilver is quite popular compare to Northstar. Just with his appearances in the cartoons and videogames, that makes him more relevant to the public. The producers are probably aware of these things when picking new characters to appear in the movies.

So I don't understand why people compare him with Northstar.

Northstar is boring. He doesn't deserve to be in the movie. Quicksilver is more iconic.

Northstar isn't boring

Quicksilver is quite popular compare to Northstar. Just with his appearances in the cartoons and videogames, that makes him more relevant to the public. The producers are probably aware of these things when picking new characters to appear in the movies.

To be fair I think we all know why northstar hasn't appeared in any animated cartoons yet and it's got nothing to do with his star power

Quicksilver is more relevant, as he is Magneto's son and this was set back in the past, where we could next see Scarlet Witch added as well.

To be fair I think we all know why northstar hasn't appeared in any animated cartoons yet and it's got nothing to do with his star power

Northstar actually appeared in the 90s cartoon series. And him not appearing TV show that much has nothing to do with him being gay. Heck, I watched a documentary about superheroes and he's being celebrated as the first gay superhero. Its just that he comes from an obscure team like Alpha Flight and imo, he's the most popular Alpha Flight member.

There are many core X-men with more interesting story than Northstar. I don't see the story of Northstar in the movie. If only some background character without lines or the character who is gonna be killed like many characters in Last Stand.

To put him in a movie because he is gay it is ridiculous.

I think they'll have to bring in a older quicksilver when they do a OT film in 2018, that'll explain a link to how wolverine know quicksilver...... Of course he could have been killed or captured in DOFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"