The Walking Dead Was the season 6 finale cliffhanger acceptable? Yes or No? (SPOILERS)

You've done a hell of a job so far.I'm hardly the only person to have a "reputation" here. Not that you would have noticed but I spend much less time frequently on the Hype, the only place you would remember me from is on the video game forums and there, if a conflict ever were to occur, I'm not the one to initiate it - if I am, I always make sure to establish that I do not mean disrespect. But I won't back down if I firmly stand by my beliefs - and I have gone on record several times to admit when I am wrong. I don't often find people like that on the internet.

In fact, there was a time I proved you wrong but you were so used to being condescending to me that you either didn't even even bother to make a follow up, or you just didn't think it was worth it to see what I had to say to you, even though that was an argument that you started.Again, you continuing to lump me in with everyone attacking him is so insulting I don't even know what to say to you. All I did was post the reddit meltdown and all of a sudden you think I belong in that group of people, when the only thing I was trying to say was that he could've just handled the meltdown differently, but it is what it is.

Yes he's a grown man and he can do whatever he wants. I was stating how I felt he didn't have to do it that way, but again, it is what it is.You clearly are the one either just trying to instigate or creating a mountain out of a molehill. I think it is the latter but I still do not appreciate it.

And you continue to miss the point. 1)No, you're definitely not the only one with a reputation; we all have in for one reason or another, but we weren't talking about anyone else. 2) I don't recall this time you proved me wrong about something, but there's nothing wrong with being proven wrong, and my inability to recall this time doesn't mean it didn't happen. In either case, I don't see what this has to do with the discussion at hand. An attempt at deflection perhaps? 3) You were CLEARLY trying to start up some Hardwick bashing here by posting out of context Reddit comments and saying "look at this meltdown!" and denying his right to defend himself by trivializing it as a meltdown. If you want to back track and say you were only innocently trying to say he should have handled it better, fine, you can tell yourself that.

All that being said, this subject has run its course. Let's you and I shake digital hands and move on.

I thought it was appalling. I don't watch the show as I find it extremely boring. But I tuned in to see Negan and how they would transfer him from page to screen as he's one of my favourite comic book villains.

They just got it so wrong. The no swearing policy totally ruins his personality. And I didn't think he looked the part either.

I'm sure his character will develop. But like someone else said this was a real chance to show how utterly brutal this bloke is. They messed up.

Another cliff hanger was uncalled for. Why didn't they go the GOT route and show a brutal death to finish a series?

And you continue to miss the point.
I wonder if it is worth it for me to care about the point being made by someone who deliberately started the conflict in this thread.
1)No, you're definitely not the only one with a reputation; we all have in for one reason or another, but we weren't talking about anyone else.
Then bringing up an existence of "reputation" is irrelevant since everyone here has one.

You were talking about me, and I'm hardly the only one to do what I have been doing here.
2) I don't recall this time you proved me wrong about something,
Of course you don't because you either didn't care to read my followup or didn't find it worth your time to see if I did or not. Right here.
but there's nothing wrong with being proven wrong, and my inability to recall this time doesn't mean it didn't happen. In either case, I don't see what this has to do with the discussion at hand.
In your head, you are the one who is right about this argument being had. And you have the nerve to tell me about how I've had such run-ins with other people under similar circumstances when really

1. You are the one who picked this fight, coming into this thread being accusatory, insulting, and judgmental and

2. Being accusatory, insulting, and judgmental on no basis. I post Chris Hardwick's reddit meltdown and you say I'm as bad as the redditors based on...what? The fact that I posted it? The fact that I said he could've handled it differently? The fact that I voted no in the poll? Who in the right mind starts a fight with someone on a forum for that? YOU are the one jumping to conclusions and having knee-jerk reactions here.

An attempt at deflection perhaps?
I can continue having this discussion forever if you want. Let's do this all day. I'm willing to have a discussion so as long as there is a mutual respect. If that's too much to ask from you, then you need to drop it. But hey, if you wanna call it a deflection, by all means. But I'll be here.
3) You were CLEARLY trying to start up some Hardwick bashing here by posting out of context Reddit comments and saying "look at this meltdown!"
Nope. I even went on record saying that I like Chris Hardwick. I didn't think such a reddit meltdown was gonna happen, even so soon after the premier of the finale, but I can't say it wasn't inevitable either. I posted it because it is on topic. I dunno if you watched Talking Dead but he acknowledged the rage and specifically brought it up and asked Kirkman and Gimple about it.
and denying his right to defend himself by trivializing it as a meltdown.
I never said he doesn't have a right to defend himself. Go back in the thread and show me where I said that if you disagree. I definitely would call this a meltdown though. He's not literally melting down into molecules, but he lost his temper on reddit, couldn't control himself and started saying some nasty stuff. Sure he has a right to do that but I think he should have been more professional about it.
If you want to back track and say you were only innocently trying to say he should have handled it better, fine, you can tell yourself that.
I'm telling you that. Not myself, not anyone else. Even pr0xyt0xin and I saw eye to eye about that situation.

All that being said, this subject has run its course.
If you want to be done talking about it that's fine with me. But I ain't deflecting anything. Again, I'm willing to further discuss this if you stop the judging, insulting, and accusations.
Let's you and I shake digital hands and move on.
I sure as hell am not going to shake the digital hand of someone who said I am just as bad as people on the internet that prose to send death threats to other people online. If you still can't see how messed up that is, then I suggest you take our own advice and figure out "the type of person to be".

Last edited:
Final was Ok for me.
I don't burden my mind with too much emotional investment and don't go ballistic over a TV show.

Looks like we're one of the rare few that actually liked the cliffhanger.

Final was Ok for me.
I don't burden my mind with too much emotional investment and don't go ballistic over a TV show.

Yeah, I'm ok with how it ended. Would I have liked to have seen the scene in its entirety? Absolutely, but it was effective for what is was and I'm certainly not going to throw an Internet tantrum over it. If Gimble and Co felt like that was an appropriate ending, then I'll give em the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what they're doing and how to end the scene effectively next season. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they do it; it will be tricky.

Moviepilot published an article about the season finale as a whole, this part in particular probably explains well everyone's gripe about it
...Most fans were already psychologically prepared to bury an important character that night, and after all that cat-mouse chase in which Rick came to realization he didn’t know **** (in Negan’s words) the tension and the terror were aligned up perfectly to show us Lucille bashing someone’s skull, but they didn’t; we only heard it happening after witnessing the first blow from a POV perspective. Cheap thrills and cheaper cliffhangers, this was a terrible decision from a fan base and artistic stand point, how can you ruin an almost perfect season finale by not paying off the fans patience over the last 16 episodes? Season 6 always came to this scene and they mangled it, chopped it down in half just to secure ratings for Season 7’s premiere; that sad fact is obvious. Why not show us a first death and tease us with a second death instead AMC? Don’t you think it’s time to start listening to the fans before the ratings do fall because of click-bait style kind of writing? Was that cliffhanger really necessary for ratings? Most people seem to agree they would have tuned in anyway in October. Others claim that they are done with the show and their sneaky showrunners. Just when we thought dumpstergate was the season low...
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3854523

I dont get the big hoopla over the ending and why people are literally freaking out over it. I thought it was fine and people need to get over it. People die nearly every other episode. Just bc they did something different and we didnt see the death this episode (assuming said person is dead and not just severely beat up), people are up in arms? I dont get it.

I loved the finale. It's like ppl watched a different cut of the ep than i did..:confused:

I dont get the big hoopla over the ending and why people are literally freaking out over it. I thought it was fine and people need to get over it. People die nearly every other episode. Just bc they did something different and we didnt see the death this episode (assuming said person is dead and not just severely beat up), people are up in arms? I dont get it.
Haha, yeah something different? They do this all the time or did you forget about Glenn's dumpster?

If you don't get it, I suggest you try being empathetic instead of making it sound nonsensical.

Haha, yeah something different? They do this all the time or did you forget about Glenn's dumpster?

and they show us people dying every other episode. This cliffhanger stuff isnt the norm on the show. The former is how deaths of the characters are handled like 95% of the time. Dont act like they set it up as a mystery all the time

No, it was a crap ending. I found out they were going to end it like that a few weeks ago, but it still ruined the moment watching it end that way.

They faked out two characters deaths this season, with Glenn and the dumpster and Daryl getting shot last week. They’re just punking the audience at this point.

It royally screwed up Negan’s introduction. You already know you’re not going to see him in all of his f-bomb glory (at least on the broadcast version), but then they took away his first major kill. Honestly, all they left him with was that “pee-pee pants city” line from the comics, which was just weird without the rest of his scene intact.

And it wasn’t just about the kill - Negan’s intro was just as much about the fall of Rick as it was about the death of a major character. Andrew Lincoln was brilliant in this scene, watching him powerless, scared, and forced to his knees made the torture of that moment so intense to watch.

But there’s more between him and Negan right after the kill, and between the remaining survivors...and now that’s overshadowed by everything being turned into a 6-month long game of “Who Did We Kill Bingo”....which is just going to get spoiled as soon as they’re shooting season 7 and one cast member is missing from the set pics.

You just don’t take a 6-month break in the middle of such an important scene. It dilutes the intent.

It was just dumb. I’ve been mentally preparing myself for that scene all season, I’d rather not seeing it dragged out like this.

Hardly a meltdown; he's defending himself against a torrent of disgusting and absolutely unnecessary vitriol. Seriously; some people's reaction to this episode is beyond childish. He has every right to defend himself and call people out on that ****.

Honestly...what the hell is Chris Hardwick supposed to do? Of course he’s going to come on TV and support the show. It’s his job. He’s a nerd, for all we know he hated that cliffhanger too, but it’s not his place at that time to go off about it. That’s not being a sellout, it’s being a professional adult doing the job the network pays you to do.

I saw the cast at PaleyFest, I saw a bunch of them at Walker Stalker (hell, I got to hug Merle), I saw them at the MSG premiere last fall. They are such incredibly nice people, who have been nothing but genuinely appreciative to all the fandom that surrounds this show. I feel so bad that they’re hearing it on social media now.

It’s stupid. They didn’t do this. It’s a TV show. Grow the **** up.

Honestly...what the hell is Chris Hardwick supposed to do? Of course he’s going to come on TV and support the show. It’s his job. He’s a nerd, for all we know he hated that cliffhanger too, but it’s not his place at that time to go off about it. That’s not being a sellout, it’s being a professional adult doing the job the network pays you to do.

I saw the cast at PaleyFest, I saw a bunch of them at Walker Stalker (hell, I got to hug Merle), I saw them at the MSG premiere last fall. They are such incredibly nice people, who have been nothing but genuinely appreciative to all the fandom that surrounds this show. I feel so bad that they’re hearing it on social media now.

It’s stupid. They didn’t do this. It’s a TV show. Grow the **** up.
I e met some of the cast at a walker Stalker con as well! Met T-Dog, Shane, Carl, Abraham, Rosita and Eugene. They were all wonderful people who clearly care about the show. Crapping on any of them (especially Hardwick who has literally NO say about the show) is just ridiculous. Feel bad for all of them. Say what you will about the cliffhanger, it was a fantastic episode all around with wonderful performances and it's a shame that is getting overshadowed by the drama.

I e met some of the cast at a walker Stalker con as well! Met T-Dog, Shane, Carl, Abraham, Rosita and Eugene. They were all wonderful people who clearly care about the show. Crapping on any of them (especially Hardwick who has literally NO say about the show) is just ridiculous. Feel bad for all of them. Say what you will about the cliffhanger, it was a fantastic episode all around with wonderful performances and it's a shame that is getting overshadowed by the drama.

They were at ours too! We kept running into Bob all day and he was so funny, we got into this whole waving game. We got our picture with Norman Reedus (this was my sister’s b’day present from me) - I heard he gave up his breaks all day and stayed late to make sure everyone got their photos. He couldn’t have been sweeter.

I adore this cast. They are so much fun. I hated the cliffhanger, but anyone who wants to throw that outrage at them is just ridiculous.

and they show us people dying every other episode. This cliffhanger stuff isnt the norm on the show. The former is how deaths of the characters are handled like 95% of the time. Dont act like they set it up as a mystery all the time
What he means is this purpose trickery that the show runners do. Deliberately to not only deceive viewers but to play a game with them, for lack of a better phrase.

Like I said, this show has had its fair share of cliffhangers, season 4 being an example, but story wise it was a conclusive cliffhanger in that it completed an arc. Season 6 completed the arc while withholding the most important part from the viewer for literally a pathetic excuse to cliffhanger the show (the hashtag).

They were at ours too! We kept running into Bob all day and he was so funny, we got into this whole waving game. We got our picture with Norman Reedus (this was my sister’s b’day present from me) - I heard he gave up his breaks all day and stayed late to make sure everyone got their photos. He couldn’t have been sweeter.

I adore this cast. They are so much fun. I hated the cliffhanger, but anyone who wants to throw that outrage at them is just ridiculous.

I hated the cliffhanger too. But I loved Negan and that whole last 10 mins with him. I'm also a reader and fan of the comic. What about you Danoyse, dead the comic? Did you enjoy Negan at the end of the episode?

I hated the cliffhanger too. But I loved Negan and that whole last 10 mins with him. I'm also a reader and fan of the comic. What about you Danoyse, dead the comic? Did you enjoy Negan at the end of the episode?
Negan was terrifying, and I hate to say that Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal kinda made me like him lol. Although I wish he was clean shaven without the mustache, as that's what he looked like in his debut but that's whatevs.

Negan is a likeable baddie.

Speaking strictly in the comics I often found him sort of likeable. Apart from being witty and funny, he has a strange moral code, too. He has zero tolerance for rapists. He kills one of his own men who tries to rape a woman in Rick's crew. When Spencer goes to Negan on the sly and asks him to kill Rick, Negan kills him because he thinks Spencer is a snake in the grass trying to stab Rick in the back. He shows a strange respect to Carl, even after Carl kills a bunch of his men. It just makes Negan admire him even more. I mean Negan doesn't even take all of their stuff, he splits it 50/50. And killing Glenn was payback for killing his men.

Compared to The Governor, he takes everything from anyone and then kills them (and keeps their heads in fish tanks for him to admire). He had a great time raping and beating Michonne in the comics. He'd stab anyone he hates in the back given half a chance. The Governor was the worst of humanity in the post zombie world. Negan seemed to at least have some moral standards, even if they were highly questionable.

Speaking strictly in the comics I often found him sort of likeable. Apart from being witty and funny, he has a strange moral code, too. He has zero tolerance for rapists. He kills one of his own men who tries to rape a woman in Rick's crew. When Spencer goes to Negan on the sly and asks him to kill Rick, Negan kills him because he thinks Spencer is a snake in the grass trying to stab Rick in the back. He shows a strange respect to Carl, even after Carl kills a bunch of his men. It just makes Negan admire him even more. I mean Negan doesn't even take all of their stuff, he splits it 50/50. And killing Glenn was payback for killing his men.

Compared to The Governor, he takes everything from anyone and then kills them (and keeps their heads in fish tanks for him to admire). He had a great time raping and beating Michonne in the comics. He'd stab anyone he hates in the back given half a chance. The Governor was the worst of humanity in the post zombie world. Negan seemed to at least have some moral standards, even if they were highly questionable.
ah man you could've spoiler tagged some of that, I didn't know Negan kills Spencer :(

But anyways yeah, as a person Gov was probably even more so a sociopath but they're both pretty effing evil. And in the comics, this scene was given in its full effect to the viewer. But the show's version just wanted to play a cheap trick. Smh :down

I love the comics, and I thought Jeffrey Dean Morgan is perfect as Negan. That scene was fantastic until they screwed it up, I think my hands were actually trembling during that scene. I can't wait to see him in his full glory next season, it's going to be wild.

Yeah, that's the crazy thing about. He's strangely likable. He's a total psychopath...but I spend as much time laughing over stuff he says or does in the comics as I do being terrified and repulsed by him.

His relationship with Carl is interesting. Whenever Rick sees Carl, the first thing he sees is his son, despite anything else that's happen. That's no one's fault, he's Carl's father, after all. But Negan really sees the more savage side of Carl, one that's grown out of him being this child of an apocalypse. He's almost better equipped to deal with that side of him, maybe even better than his own father does.

ah man you could've spoiler tagged some of that,
I didn't know Negan kills Spencer :(

But anyways yeah, as a person Gov was probably even more so a sociopath but they're both pretty effing evil. And in the comics, this scene was given in its full effect to the viewer. But the show's version just wanted to play a cheap trick. Smh :down

just a tip but when you quote a spoiler that you think shouldnt have been spoiled, you should spoiler tag it bc all you do is perpetuate said spoiler

just a tip but when you quote a spoiler that you think shouldnt have been spoiled, you should spoiler tag it bc all you do is perpetuate said spoiler
at that point I don't think it makes a difference since the spoiler's already been said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"