The Dark Knight Was The Way Snipes Played Blade The Way Bale Should Play Batman?

raybia

Signing off
Reaction score
I loved Bale's performance of Batman, but that was Batman year 1, so he was portrayed as he should have been.

I think his portrayal of Bats in the next movie should be more badass with a "take no-***** attitude, and even come off as a prick at times.

What you think?

"You ready to roll with this!?!"

batmanbegins11.jpg

I think Bale's got a good understanding of the character. He knows what hes doing. If he decides to play Batman like that, it'll be the right decision.

Eh, lets keep with the "animalistic" approach and ix-nay on the Samuel L Jackson philosophy of killin every 1/2 @$$ed muthafugga in da room.

yea i like his "inhuman" approach to the character. it really gives the criminals something to fear. plus if Batman gets shot, i dont wanna hear say "Motherf@%! you crazy?!" i HATED that part.

javi1024 said:
yea i like his "inhuman" approach to the character. it really gives the criminals something to fear. plus if Batman gets shot, i dont wanna hear say "Motherf@%! you crazy?!" i HATED that part.
He said Wesley Snipes not Samuel L. Jackson..........

yeah...except that "Prick" attitude is what was killing the character for years. its only now that its gotten better.

They Should do Jeph Loeb's Batman, with some TAS and Morrison's JLA Bats.

Ronny Shade said:
I think Bale's got a good understanding of the character. He knows what hes doing. If he decides to play Batman like that, it'll be the right decision.

Agreed. He's even read some of the novels while filming Begins, to capture both sides of the character. I'm sure he'll do the same while returning for the sequel.

The Batman said:
yeah...except that "Prick" attitude is what was killing the character for years. its only now that its gotten better.

:up: :up: :up:

Yeah, it´s a balance, you can´t lose the character´s dark edge but you make him too much of a prick, he becomes unrelatable.

ultimatefan said:
Yeah, it´s a balance, you can´t lose the character´s dark edge but you make him too much of a prick, he becomes unrelatable.

I agree. Begins did a good job. They just need to make him more seasoned in this one....

raybia said:
I loved Bale's performance of Batman, but that was Batman year 1, so he was portrayed as he should have been.

I think his portrayal of Bats in the next movie should be more badass with a "take no-***** attitude, and even come off as a prick at times.

What you think?

I wouldn't mind seeing some Blade in Batman--the tortured, ronin samurai warrior, with moves that just destroys his enemies (I'd like to see a fight with Batman against a group of thugs akin to the second-to-last fight sequence in Blade I/II, just Batman decimating them).

I wouldn't call either of them "pricks," though. I do think, however, that Batman would be a bit socially awkward (the guy dresses like a f**king bat, he's not really acceptable in regular society), but the "prickness" is just Batman going a few extra steps to make sure the enemy stays down or gets the information he needs. I don't mind seeing Batman breaking a few bones in order to get where The Joker is stashing himself in.

In my opinion, Batman should be a combination of a tortured, brooding samurai, Sam Spade, with an armament that would put a soldier of fortune to shame.

BatJeff7786 said:
He said Wesley Snipes not Samuel L. Jackson..........
watch the first Blade. when hes in the hospital chasing Quin cops fire at him and he says "Motherf*&!# you crazy!?"

The Batman said:

He's still a prick. Or he just doesn't like black people. Did you see how he acted toward the police women who just said its nice to have you back?

MaskedManJRK said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some Blade in Batman--the tortured, ronin samurai warrior, with moves that just destroys his enemies (I'd like to see a fight with Batman against a group of thugs akin to the second-to-last fight sequence in Blade I/II, just Batman decimating them).

I wouldn't call either of them "pricks," though. I do think, however, that Batman would be a bit socially awkward (the guy dresses like a f**king bat, he's not really acceptable in regular society), but the "prickness" is just Batman going a few extra steps to make sure the enemy stays down or gets the information he needs. I don't mind seeing Batman breaking a few bones in order to get where The Joker is stashing himself in.

In my opinion, Batman should be a combination of a tortured, brooding samurai, Sam Spade, with an armament that would put a soldier of fortune to shame.

I would call Batman a prick for the last decade or so. I don't mind him breaking bones and interrogating criminals, I don't think he is a prick for that reason. I think he's been a prick because of the way he treats Robin, Oracle, Nightwing, and everyone else on his side. He uses and manipulates them and doesn't even hide it.

I enjoyed Bales portrayel out of any Batman on film yet. It would be good to see him act somewhat different in this one, maybe more silent, more attitude, I'm not sure. I think whatever they decide to do this time, it will definatley be good for the movie and the character. Bale has a good understanding of what Batman is.

Dude I can't believe your're using Batman and Blade in the same paragraph are you insane. Batman is like like like a million times superior to that piece of thrash there're turning into a TV show.

Raybia said:

What you think?

Batman's not a prick. It's okay for people to think he is once in a while, but he's not. He acts differently towards different people. I like the Denny O'Neill Batman, and the way he was played in "Begins" was much that way. Had some Loeb in him too, of course, and Morrisson, and Grant, &etc... which is why nearly everybody liked it; there was something there for everybody.

explode7 said:
Dude I can't believe ur using Batman and Blade in the same paragraph are u insane. Batman is like like like a million times superior to that piece of thrash there're turning into a TV show.

Does your keyboard not have a Y or O button?

Nah "ur" is shorter and besides I'm not sitting an exam am I?

explode7 said:
Nah "ur" is shorter and besides I'm not sitting an exam am I?

Ur is an ancient Sumerian city. "U" is the 21st letter of the alphabet, and not a word at all.

I'm a writer, so maybe seeing shorthand in this context irks me more than it does other people, but I gotta call it like I see it. You may not be sitting an exam, but you're supposedly communicating with people. At least give us the respect of using real words.

explode7 said:
Okay I changed it for YOUR sake. Happy:)

Sure, except that it SHOULD read:

"Dude I can't believe you're using Batman and Blade in the same paragraph..."

"You're" is short for "you are", whereas "your" is the possessive form of "you."

They don't call me GrammarRobin for nothin'. ;)

Now do something about that sig. The South Park kids sure as hell don't talk about Sumerian cities, either. They wouldn't know Sumeria from Sumo wrestling. :o

Well, in the cartoons he was a complete prick when he was in costum, so if i took him being a prick there then let him be a prick in the movies. I like this word, prick...

7alex said:
Well, in the cartoons he was a complete prick when he was in costum

No he wasn't, unless you're referring to The Batman, which I do not and will never watch? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"