Wasn't Mom's Cooking Always The Best?

Absolutely. I still think my mom made the best lasagna (sp?) and dad makes great chili.

My Dad's cooking was craptacular, but my mother's was decent. My cooking blows them both away though.

I only like my mom's soups! pumpkin,spinich,etc soups. and leglume(sp?). she can't make a good steak to save her life. plus she makes the same damn thing every freakin week. I prefer to eat out, My taste buds have grown beyond what she can provide.

Where's the "HELL no" option?

My Dad made stuff that would literally, I'm serious, literally nauseate me, when I smelled it throughout the house.

He'd "experiment" with pancakes on Sunday mornings.
I will never forget, he made these POTATO, BOYSENBERRY YOGURT, GRANOLA pancakes with SORGHUM on them instead of syrup.

I could barf right now just remembering.

And my Mom knew the secrets of how to make normal food taste "White Trash".
If I went to my friend's house, or even today, if I'm cooking hamburger...it smells like, hamburger.

But when she did it, it smelled like that disgusting smell of everyone cooking potatoes in the hallways of apartment buildings.

She'd make homemade pizza, with Bisquick dough for a crust, so it was all fluffy like a light biscuit...and then she'd put hamburger on it, and the grease would soak into the biscuit dough, making it totally soggy, more like a custard for the pizza crust, that tasted like gray, dirty, bitter burger grease.

Haha, I love the smell of white trash in the morning :heart: Tasty.

Yeah Mom is areally good cook :up:

Now that my Mom has passed, I would give anything for one more plate of her food.

My mom's food was really good........

loved her homemade spaghetti and also her shepherds pie..... yummy!

:( I miss her cooking.

My grandma's cooking ('cause I live with my grandparents) is teh s**t.

You guys say your grandma's was always best, I don't think either of mine has EVER cooked me anything.

My Mom's cooking's the best. But when my Dad did cook... his was the bestest. He could make a simple dish taste like something that came from the kitchen of the most amazing, professional chef in the world. :up: :heart:

My mum's a killer cook and she is actually making dinner for me tonight and paying me $20 just to show up (well that's because I told her I was low on gas.. which is actually the truth).

everywhere I eat, the food tastes like dirt compared to my mom's cooking. So yes, my mom's cooking is the best IMO.

Ever since I learned how to use a stove my momma doesn't cook for me any more. :(

my Moms is the best ...JStorm can attest to this, he has had it a few times.

My dad only grills and does a decent job. He also makes basic stuff like eggs but I've surpassed him in that. My mom makes good meals. My maternal grandmother is also a good cook but she doesn't do much anymore because she has some arm problems.

My paternal grandmother is not a good cook and passed that on to my aunt. My aunt's holiday meals want to make me vomit. I always say I ate beforehand when we go over there. I've used that excuse for about 15 years.

I had always felt guilty that my cooking skills were poor compared to my mothers. I was a microwave chef.....for most of my teen life. Good thing I have changed that now since I moved out.

I had always felt guilty that my cooking skills were poor compared to my mothers. I was a microwave chef.....for most of my teen life. Good thing I have changed that now since I moved out.

Same with me. I often find myself snatching recipes away from mum to prevent my microwave cooking habits from returning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"