Wasp Sequel Instead?

Discussion in 'Ant-Man Sequels' started by coluanprime, Jul 20, 2015.

1. coluanprime

coluanprime Well-Known Member

It'd be nice to get another female led movie and Hope is a character that has enough there to do it. Scott could easily be a supporting character.

2. seahammer

seahammer Asgardian

Not a bad idea at all. Good thinking.

3. third3ye

third3ye Well-Known Member

4. Loki882

Loki882 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and for really lame reasons.

5. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I definitely think antman was more about wasp so I reckon she should definitely have the sequel. She was pretty cool in am1

6. The_Manhunter

The_Manhunter DCEU & MCU Fan

I definitely think she can. From Lost to the Hobbit and now Ant-Man, she is pretty well-known.

But I do agree that I would like the sequel to be an Ant-Man and Wasp team-up rather than a solo film for either of them.

7. Phish

Phish Active Member

Considering the post credit scene I don't see how she's not at least a part of the next Ant-Man movie if it's not a Wasp movie. These two characters are pretty much a package deal now. Unless Ant-Man joins the Avengers without her, but that would be an incredible waste of a great female character, and the Avengers need female characters.

8. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

I suppose Marvel would use Hope's comic book alter ego the Red Queen as the basis for a new villain played by different actress.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  9. SuperSanchez

SuperSanchez I'm Not Mexican

It would be cool if either
    A. Scott gets recruited to Avengers and while he is in Avengers Hope and Hank fight crime outside of Avengers
    B. Scott and Hope could join Avengers and Hank is kinda like Stark and Banner and while everyone is fighting he stays in the lab and guides them kinda.

10. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I don't want any more hank pym than what's absolutely necessary to be honest. I hope he gets killed off and wasp becomes an avenger.

11. Jammat

Jammat Well-Known Member

I'd keep the main three in the film, but focus on Hope and call the film Wasp.

12. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I would be onboard for a Wasp solo film!

13. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

Wasp & Ant-Man team up movie would be cool.

14. punk_joey

punk_joey Well-Known Member

I think if they decide to bring Janet out of the Quantum Zone, this is what they would do with her. I mean she would already have the origional Wasp suit which is red.

It would be cliche to bring back the mother she lost only for her to have to kill her or whatever but at least it merits a Wasp centric movie.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  15. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

Ant-Man should have been a Wasp movie with Lilly.

That being said, with all the build up she had, seeing Hope in that suit will be awesome. It would be nice if she had her own movie to do it in.

16. Pink Ranger

Pink Ranger Happy Mothers' Day

One of my favorite movies from the 1980s was Big Trouble In Little China. I remember reading a Wizard magazine some years back, which described the charm of the movie quite accurately: the main character of the movie is a sidekick who doesn't realize he's the sidekick.

I think this is the exact approach they should take with Ant-Man 2. Ant-Man gets top billing, because Rudd is bank, but the movie needs to make it clear that he's really the sidekick on this team; even in the first movie Hope can do everything with the suit far better than Scott can, without even getting to wear the suit at all. I think that can be a goldmine of humour and dramatic tension.

17. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

I had this idea as well, instead of Ant-man 2 call is Wasp, or maybe Ant-man and Wasp. I think it would be fun to see her take the lead, specially since her flight adds a new dynamic to the action scenes.

18. Loki882

And they should address/joke about how "yeah, it was stupid that you weren't doing this from the beginning. You're clearly better at it." I wouldn't fix the problems that I had with it in the first film. But we could at least get an amusing joke out of it.

19. chicagodave

chicagodave Well-Known Member

20. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Not a good idea to be frank. You don't make a sequel to a successful film by throwing out what worked and focusing on a supporting character instead.

21. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Feige has already confirmed Hope is coming back as Wasp. She was supposed to comeback in Civil War. Wasp will be in Infinity War and possibly co-lead in an Ant-Man sequel depending on if they go forward with one.

I think Marvel should a Ant-Man and Wasp movie with them as co-leads. I know a few of you guys want a solo Wasp film but Feige already indicated he wants to keep the partnership aspect with Hope & Scott like their predecessors had.

22. Loki882

And hopefully do it better this time around. Oh and she'd better show up as Wasp BEFORE IW. I'll be REALLY annoyed if she doesn't.

23. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Well-Known Member

Agreed. No problem with ant man and wasp. Even her calling the shots is cool. But most of the people watching the film will be guys and if you want a film to succede it has to relate to your audience.

24. Loki882

No, most people who watch these films are NOT guys. There's actually a pretty even split between men and women.

Also, the idea that guys cannot "relate" to/support a female lead is both cliché and insulting to the audience in question.

25. Havok83

Havok83 Well-Known Member

well a Wasp film wouldnt be a sequel; it would be a spinoff