Sequels Wasp Sequel Instead?

coluanprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
It'd be nice to get another female led movie and Hope is a character that has enough there to do it. Scott could easily be a supporting character.

Yeah, and for really lame reasons.

I definitely think antman was more about wasp so I reckon she should definitely have the sequel. She was pretty cool in am1

I don't think Lilly is a big enough name to anchor her own solo film but a joint Ant-Man & Wasp sequel certainly sounds more bankable, so long as they don't relegate her to the bench the 2nd time around.
I definitely think she can. From Lost to the Hobbit and now Ant-Man, she is pretty well-known.

But I do agree that I would like the sequel to be an Ant-Man and Wasp team-up rather than a solo film for either of them.

Considering the post credit scene I don't see how she's not at least a part of the next Ant-Man movie if it's not a Wasp movie. These two characters are pretty much a package deal now. Unless Ant-Man joins the Avengers without her, but that would be an incredible waste of a great female character, and the Avengers need female characters.

I suppose Marvel would use Hope's comic book alter ego the Red Queen as the basis for a new villain played by different actress.

Last edited:
It would be cool if either
A. Scott gets recruited to Avengers and while he is in Avengers Hope and Hank fight crime outside of Avengers
B. Scott and Hope could join Avengers and Hank is kinda like Stark and Banner and while everyone is fighting he stays in the lab and guides them kinda.

I don't want any more hank pym than what's absolutely necessary to be honest. I hope he gets killed off and wasp becomes an avenger.

I'd keep the main three in the film, but focus on Hope and call the film Wasp.

I suppose Marvel would use Hope's comic book alter ego the Red Queen as the basis for a new villain played by different actress.

I think if they decide to bring Janet out of the Quantum Zone, this is what they would do with her. I mean she would already have the origional Wasp suit which is red.

It would be cliche to bring back the mother she lost only for her to have to kill her or whatever but at least it merits a Wasp centric movie.

Last edited:
Ant-Man should have been a Wasp movie with Lilly.

That being said, with all the build up she had, seeing Hope in that suit will be awesome. It would be nice if she had her own movie to do it in.

One of my favorite movies from the 1980s was Big Trouble In Little China. I remember reading a Wizard magazine some years back, which described the charm of the movie quite accurately: the main character of the movie is a sidekick who doesn't realize he's the sidekick.

I think this is the exact approach they should take with Ant-Man 2. Ant-Man gets top billing, because Rudd is bank, but the movie needs to make it clear that he's really the sidekick on this team; even in the first movie Hope can do everything with the suit far better than Scott can, without even getting to wear the suit at all. I think that can be a goldmine of humour and dramatic tension.

I had this idea as well, instead of Ant-man 2 call is Wasp, or maybe Ant-man and Wasp. I think it would be fun to see her take the lead, specially since her flight adds a new dynamic to the action scenes.

And they should address/joke about how "yeah, it was stupid that you weren't doing this from the beginning. You're clearly better at it." I wouldn't fix the problems that I had with it in the first film. But we could at least get an amusing joke out of it.

Not a good idea to be frank. You don't make a sequel to a successful film by throwing out what worked and focusing on a supporting character instead.

Feige has already confirmed Hope is coming back as Wasp. She was supposed to comeback in Civil War. Wasp will be in Infinity War and possibly co-lead in an Ant-Man sequel depending on if they go forward with one.

I think Marvel should a Ant-Man and Wasp movie with them as co-leads. I know a few of you guys want a solo Wasp film but Feige already indicated he wants to keep the partnership aspect with Hope & Scott like their predecessors had.

And hopefully do it better this time around. Oh and she'd better show up as Wasp BEFORE IW. I'll be REALLY annoyed if she doesn't.

Not a good idea to be frank. You don't make a sequel to a successful film by throwing out what worked and focusing on a supporting character instead.

Agreed. No problem with ant man and wasp. Even her calling the shots is cool. But most of the people watching the film will be guys and if you want a film to succede it has to relate to your audience.

No, most people who watch these films are NOT guys. There's actually a pretty even split between men and women.

Also, the idea that guys cannot "relate" to/support a female lead is both cliché and insulting to the audience in question.

well a Wasp film wouldnt be a sequel; it would be a spinoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"