Wasted Potential: Actors that Should Have Been Superheroes

Lily Adler

🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll start Idris Elba. Bloodsport no. Green Lantern yes.

Reactions: B
I feel like there's so many that aren't coming to mind right now but the one that stands out to me is Angela Bassett should have been Storm in the X-Men movies, as much as I love Halle Berry.

Literally just came to post
656EEEBD-7D44-44BB-A49B-65E8D7ABDC87.jpeg

But I also feel like Sarah Michelle Gellar would’ve made an exceptional Miss Marvel/Carol Danvers and Gary Sinise would’ve been a great Logan.

Michael Biehn was also born to play Cable. Something about that man and time traveling soldiers.

Emily Blunt for Captain Marvel or Black Widow.
I remember watching Edge of Tomorrow back in 2014 and thinking she'd make a great Carol back then.

c117f158fcd7dfb44d4a324007c6d573.jpg

I see fancasting favorite Bridget Regan is now Poison Ivy. :p

Michael Pare should have been the Punisher instead of Dolph “I’m so high I can’t open my eyes” Lundgren.

I feel like there's so many that aren't coming to mind right now but the one that stands out to me is Angela Bassett should have been Storm in the X-Men movies, as much as I love Halle Berry.

she was everyone's # 1, but I had a soft spot for Nona Gaye in the role back then.

Robin Williams as Hugo Strange or The Riddler.
Along those lines, speaking of actors who are sadly no longer with us, Alan Rickman would have been the perfect Brainiac in a Superman movie.

MCU-6-Actors-Considered-To-Play-Iron-Man-And-6-For-Captain-America-Featured-Image.jpg

I actually would be very curious to see how this would have turned out.
Krasinski I think would have given a similar performance to Evans but that's just a guess since the only real serious type of role I've seen him play is in A Quiet Place. Cruise was the actor that I think a lot of people pictured as Tony since certain artwork from Iron Man comics back in the day gave off that vibe. Still, while Cruise brings it in the stunt department, he lacks the overall charm that RDJ has so I don't think we really missed out on anything there.

Unpopular opinion, but I’ve never really been impressed with Krasinski. He’s a decent actor but he’s never really wowed me in anything, even in A Quiet Place. I’m glad he didn’t get the Cap role and I would be fine with him playing Mr. Fantastic but that’s probably because it’s a character I’ve never particularly liked.

I always felt Michael Duncan Clarke should have been a villain in one (Daredevil doesn't count). I know he was a popular pick for Darkseid at one point.

I always felt Michael Duncan Clarke should have been a villain in one (Daredevil doesn't count). I know he was a popular pick for Darkseid at one point.
He'd also have been a good pick for Marvel's Darkseid. :o

61G+aBqZuOL._AC_SY679_.jpg

I’m still holding out hope for Idris Elba to be Apocalypse in a X-movie.

Always pictured him in the role.

Sarah Michelle Gellar would’ve made an exceptional Miss Marvel/Carol Danvers

She was considered to play Rogue in 1998/1999, I think she could have been interesting, done well as a closer-to-the-comics version.

Michael Clarke Duncan could have been great as Steel.

James Marsden was almost Superman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"