Watch Arrested Development.NOW.

Well the Oscars are on. Basically every other network bends over on big nights like this and try not to get to badly killed in the ratings.

Yet another week without Arrested Development.Will I ever again hear Ron Howard say "Meanwhile....."?

It was on tonight and it was a good one. The show isn't gone. Not yet at least.:D

It just won a Golden Sattelite award for best comedy series...now Fox is going to give it a "special wenesday night episode" with an American Idol lead in and Julia Luis Dryfus guest starring. I think Fox wants this show to do good because they realiae it's a good show.

Tonight's show was really good, anyone see it?

I caught the end. The preview for the next show was great.

Originally posted by slinger
I caught the end. The preview for the next show was great.
For future reference the preview clips for the next episode are always fake.

Originally posted by Matis17
For future reference the preview clips for the next episode are always fake.

not always. I think once or twice they have been real.

I caught an episode last Sunday. Hilarious. Different.
My favorite line:
"My mom picked up some Korean"

"Oh good, let's have that"

So quick. Still don't know if it's as funny as Curb Your Enthusiasm; have to see a bit more.

"Great,now I have another uncle to compete with."

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The first joke about the poor-to-middling ratings for "Arrested Development" comes just seconds into Thursday night's (March 11) session at the William S. Paley Festival. Introducing episodes for the overflowing crowd, the show's creator Mitchell Hurwitz notes that the second episode is going to air this coming Wednesday (March 17) following an "American Idol" result show.
"We expect to get mediocre to insignificant ratings," Hurwitz jokes, as if that constitutes an improvement (which it would).

While the Nielsen numbers suggest that "Arrested Development" is one of the lowest rated comedies on the Big Four networks, you'd never know it from the passionate and devoted crowd at the Paley panel.

The dedication and insularity of the show's fan base is such that several members of the crowd greet Hurwitz's jokes about miniscule ratings with bafflement, as if the sold-out Hollywood venue were representative of a breakout mainstream following. Others plead with Hurwitz for news about the show's cloudy long-term prognosis.
"I think FOX considers us a first-year show that needs to find its audience," Hurwitz says hopefully.

Hurwitz claims that he has basically stopped calling in for the show's Nielsen numbers and has instead started to troll the Internet looking for evidence that the week's jokes were appreciated by individual viewers. Still, members of the cast admit that they'd love to reach an even larger following.

"My dream has always been to be on a show that holds 'Malcolm's' numbers," deadpans David Cross, who plays doctor-turned-actor Tobias, regarding the show's "Malcolm in the Middle" lead-in.

Even as their little comedy is gasping for life, the cast of "Arrested Development" remains optimistic and, most importantly, pleased with the work they're doing. This is the rare Paley session in which the stars on the stage instigated two rounds of applause for the writers sitting in the audience.

"When I was working with David Kelley on 'Ally,' I think I saw him maybe two times," says Portia de Rossi. "We would get the scripts and we'd say the words."

Instead of that scenario, the "Development" cast speaks of constant interaction between actors and writers in a creative process that leads to dialogue that sounds improvised but is, in reality, "rock solid" by the time the show is put to digital video.

The result is one of television's quirkiest shows, a critical favorite and a recent Golden Globe nominee for outstanding comedy series.

The show's freewheeling production style has also provided fertile material for potential guest stars. Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Lipton make their first appearances in upcoming episodes, playing a blind lawyer and a prison warden. The show has also forever changed the way viewers look at Carl Weathers and Liza Minnelli.

"She was very gung-ho," Hurwitz says of the "Cabaret" Oscar winner. "She's such a pro. We'd seen her work before, but nonetheless everyone was so surprised by how good she was."

"She was a really kind, gracious person and a great kisser," adds Tony Hale, whose Buster served as a love interest for Minnelli's character.

Rabid fans may already be drafting their letters to FOX in dread and anticipation of a possible cancellation after this season (www.savearresteddevelopment.com is still available, guys), but the producers swear the show has advocates at FOX.

"They're shockingly supportive," Hurwitz promises.

Last episode was a prime exaple of why they have to keep this show.

Arrested Development is such a great show, so I have full faith that FOX'll give it the ax like so many other great shows, while keeping King of the Hill and Malcom in the Middle (I have no idea why these shows are still on the air, they suck). FOX needs to give the show a better time slot, after That 70s Show would be perfect, it was going up against Curb Your Enthusiasm and is still against Alias and now the Soporanos. Maybe FOX should put it on Monday, nothing's on Monday nights and they won't have to give up one of their five American Karoke showings.

Originally posted by MarvelMovies
My friend loves this show..

I still haven't seen an episode.. but want to... just haven't gotten around to yet..
Well,a new episode comes on tonight,so check it out.It gets my highest recomendation.

Must See TV this Sunday. Henry Winkler, Amy Poehler, James Lipton & Juila Louis-Drefus were terrific tonight. Especially Winkler as a real life Lionel Hutz. 'Cutestory'. Brilliant writing. And Gob not getting a divorice just so it seems like he's had sex. :D (they're actually married in real life.)

this show rocks. funniest show i've seen in a very long time.

I am now tempted to make my custom title "Jarith Cutestory,pirate lawyer".

Hopefully Fox will release it on DVD ala 24 to gain some viewers. And give it a better timeslot. Fox seems behind it, but for how long?

FOX averaged a 9.7 rating/16 share in primetime, easily beating CBS' 7.3/12. NBC was a close third at 7.2/12, followed by ABC, 5.6/9; The WB, 2.1/3; and UPN, 1.2/2.

The results were much the same among adults 18-49. FOX won the ad-friendly demographic with a 7.1 rating, while CBS took second with a 4.2. NBC averaged 3.7, ABC 3.4, The WB 1.0 and UPN 0.6.

"Survivor: All-Stars," airing on Wednesday because of CBS' NCAA Tournament coverage set for Thursday night, won the 8 p.m. hour with a 10.8/18. FOX posted an 8.9/14 with "That '70s Show" (6.3/11) and the first half of the "Idol" results show (11.5/18). An hour's worth of "My Wife and Kids" averaged 5.6/9 for ABC. A repeat of last week's "Apprentice" finished fourth for NBC. "Smallville's" 2.0/3 was good enough to give fifth place to The WB. "Game Over" and "The Mullets" barely registered on UPN.

FOX moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with a 10.5/17 average. The conclusion of "American Idol" jumped up to 14.9/23 and was followed by "Arrested Development," which dipped to 6.1/10 (still way above its season average). NBC moved into second with a "Law & Order" repeat, 7.4/12. "Extreme Makeover" kept ABC in third. CBS dropped to fourth with "The King of Queens," 6.4/10, and the premiere of "The Stones," 5.0/8. A second "Smallville" held onto fifth for The WB, while UPN's "Enterprise" rerun averaged 1.3/2.

AR on FX! Sunday, 3/21 - a marathon from 2 - 6 pm. EST

The Hero, over at their official board: Jarith Cutestory
quotes

"There was some talk of ice cream, but those weren't really my terms." - George Michael

Maggie: "Well, I have an irreversable case of ocular retinoblastoma."
Michael: "Hey, I thought we said no more law talk"

"Do the right thing for this family Michael, string this blind woman along, so dad doesn't have to pay his debt to society" - Gob

Gob: "I had sex last night"
Narrator: "No he didn't"
Gob: "Yes I did."

Tobias to George Michael: "I'm going to pack your sweet mouth with........candy!"

"These are lawyers. That's Latin for 'liar'." - Gob

"You've just won the gold medal at the sexual special olympics!" - Gob

"She was a darer." - Gob

"I could kiss you on the nuts!" - Barry Zuckerkorn

"Even when you slept with my sister it was for a good reason." - Lucille
"Got you to stop drinking, didn't it?" - George Sr.
712.8 in reply to 712.7

Oh! We've got Ping again! -Barry Z

Enjoy your $200 bucks - Maeby
There's six 20's here - George Michael
That's right - Maeby

Your father with his disgusting tweaking! I couldn't breast feed any of you kids because of that man! - Lucille

"I'm blind"
"I'm wasted!"

hahahaha, hillarious episode tonight.

Tobias breaking into Maggie's apartment cracked me up more than anything on the show before.

yea, it was great tonight, but the fx marathon was hard to beat

I love this show..it better not get cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"