Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm Mobile!

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Herr Logan, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Head>On<Collider Registered

I have my licence and I can drive a commercial truck even. I've got a partially fixed Ford Mustang that I wrecked. It needs alot more expensive work. I also have roughly $1,000 left to pay for a traffic ticket before I can even think about reregistering, reinsuring, re-smog testing, etc...... Plus, I've got alot of bills to catch up that I need to prioritize. My so called life sucks right now, but with all you guy's help, I'm surviving. This place is very therapeutic. As you may not know, I work at home.

2. Herr Logan Registered

That's so sweet of you. :ghost:
    Of course not!

Maybe just a little. :o

:wolverine

3. Herr Logan Registered

When you say you work at home, is that just with the band or do you have another job?

4. Head>On<Collider Registered

My sculpting "business" .... been doing it since I was 18. I make and sell incense burners, ash trays,etc.... airbrush them, even airbrush vehicles when the work is there... I'm freelance and I post betweeen casting resin and hydrostone cement.... and such the majority of my life is lived at night.
    when they're sellable, I deliver them to wholesale companies who order from me in bulk, and I keep the prices low enough for them to continue keeping me busy. Sometimes I sell molds to these manufacturers. I'll sculpt the prototype, they approve it, then I make a mold made out of aluminum based epoxy resin or urethane resins.... they in turn use it as a thermoforming mold for their plastic tubing and make sellable items within the novelty and artwork market. I'm still kept too busy to start my graphic design career. I actually made a "Quicksilver" incense burner for Dew, being that we're neighbors and all....
    As for my musicianship, every penny I've made from it has just gone back into it. This year's the first time I'm making my own guitar demo and booking my own shows and selling my own CD's. It could fail quite possibly, but not only am I prepared, I'm in it for the passion. Wednesday, I'm finishing my 4th and final song for the demo, and I've got a plan...

5. Herr Logan Registered

Sounds cool. Must be nice, having no commute to work. :cool:

Hopefully, I'll be able to get together with a friend and get a ride to where my car is. Time to give that thing a good home. I'm also considering giving it a new name, although my sister's name for it (it was actually her car)-- the Shaggin' Wagon-- has possibilities as well.

6. Herr Logan Registered

Well, due to faulty planning, I still don't have my car at the moment. I was going to get it tomorrow before or after my fiancee and best friend were going to get some dinner, but we waited too long and I wanted to get back in time to watch that idiotic TV show "Alias" with my woman, so I'm gonna get the car today or so help me, I'll kill someone just to watch him die!

And I know that you people care. I just know it!!

7. War Lord Registered

Congrats Herr on your accomplishment.

Now go get a job.

8. Herr Logan Registered

Thanks, Jonty.

I suppose it will be much easier to get around and collect job applications now. I was hoping to get a summer internship with the Washington D.C. police department, but that probably won't happen, so I'll have to get a sumer job that I hate. Again. At least I won't have to take several buses to do it this time. :cool:

9. War Lord Registered

I'd have loved to be a cop, but apparantly the police don't appreciate people who hate cops.

10. Herr Logan Registered

I doubt I'll actually go the distance and become a cop, but I'm interested in the field of law enforcement and an internship like that would be not only a good learning experience but might look good on a resume.

11. War Lord Registered

I hope you get that internship.

12. Herr Logan Registered

Thanks, man. I do too. It'll save me from having to get an actual job for the time being. :cool:
    No, but seriously, my girlfriend's cousin did that internship and had a great time. He even met and talked with the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI about profiling. I've read several books by the guy that created that program and made psychological profiling a tool that's now commonly used in law enforcement and I find it a fascinating subject, so that would be really cool. That may not even happen, and all the field trips and really awesome stuff my girlfriend's cousin did are just extra stuff, but either way, it would be a great opportunity for me.

13. Herr Logan Registered

Well, I've got my car at my building now. My driving mentor drove ahead of me to make sure I didn't get lost while bringing the car from my parents' house to my apartment building, since whomever designed the highway transportation system decided it would be funny if they not only gave one highway/road several different names along the course of its length, but they thought it would be extra funny to make the various named sections disjointed and non-linear so that easily confused drivers :-)wolverine) could easily stray off their intended route. Along the way, several a$$hole drivers cut in front of me between my own car and my friend directly ahead. Had I not been so focused on keeping on the correct route, I'd have been cursing loud enough to drown out my George Thorogood CD and resolving to follow these bastards until they stopped. During my rookie driver's training, I tended to say "Ooh, that bastard... I think we should follow him to wherever he feels safe" quite a lot.

Yeah, that's right... The streets ain't safe no more! Now I begin my quest to become a competent driver on my own and learn my way around. This ain't gonna be easy, and there may be some casualties, but in the end, it just might be worth it.

14. Herr Logan Registered

Last night I went on my first solo driving mission that wasn't just circling my parents' block a few times. It was less than a mile from my apartment, but it was still extremely nerve-wracking, as this entire new chapter in my life has promised to be. I made it to the gas station, drove back home and stopped at a 7-11 on the way home. Mission successful, fatalities zero!

Today I'm driving myself to my brain-fixin' doctor's house, which will take me back along that God damn, stupid, multi-named highway that's just waiting to throw me off onto some other long-ass, heavy-traffic avenue that would take me God-knows-where if I'm not careful. After that, I'm faced with the option of going to meet my girlfriend at her parents' house (in Washington, DC, which I hear tell is a nasty place to drive, in general) and going to dinner with her and a couple of her relatives, or keeping it somewhat possibly simpler and going back home where I can spend some quality time with my PlayStation2 watching some episodes of "Batman: the Animated Series" and playing "Dead to Rights II." Or even worse-- spending some more quality time with you guys! I know how you people are... goin' out and engaging with real, live people on Friday nights, like the fair-weather posters you are...

15. Head>On<Collider Registered

Well if the highways within Washington DC are anything like the Interstate 880 (California) that I remember; exiting from the 101 traveling through to Oakland, then stay the hell away. If it's that bad, your chances of survival are slim. Unless they've fixed that freeway (which I doubt considering the ever-condensed traffic status); this is how I remember it:
    1) Nowhere to pull over...actually I think you were supposed to pull to the
    middle right beside the concrete divider, but there was no room....
    2)Narrow lanes
    3) Little pieces of car all over the middle where the concrete divider is...... like shattered glass, pieces of headlight, vulcanized rubber, strips of tire, etc.
    4) Tire streaks going all the way up and down the center median/divider....
    5) Speed of traffic somehow stays up there at 80-90 unless the traffic is uber-compacted and still the drivers are overly anxious to squirm....

I'm sorry if this scares you out of going, but if you're driving as you described, I'd consider a couple more weeks of driving through town and taking the train a few more unhurt times.It's better tobe safe than sorry; plus wrecking your car can ruin your life in many ways :( .. Believe me. I know.......

16. Herr Logan Registered

The problem is, I don't live close to a subway station. I'd have to take a bus to get there, and walk to the bus stop to do that. No more! No more will I suffer the indignity of walking and taking the bus like a peasant unless it's truly necessary (like if I was tring to get into downtown DC), especially with the weather getting warmer and eventually hot again. I've let my anxiety take precedence over my laziness for far too long!

17. Head>On<Collider Registered

You'll be a regular Steve McQueen in no time. :cool:

18. kane9321 oakland's finest

i got my license at 24 its no big deal

19. Head>On<Collider Registered

I could care less. A car is a car.... and I don't %*#$% have one! :( :mad:

20. Herr Logan Registered

You know, I think I've only seen one of his movies-- "The Great Escape." But Steve was pretty badass in that movie. Not only did he jump those barb-wire fences with a motorcycle on a diagonal angle, but he could bouce a ball against a wall like nobody's business. I remember laughing at that film almost all the way through, what with he Nazis giving the POWs gardening tools and otherwise running the prison like it were a summer camp.

21. The Thing Registered

If I were you Herr I'd find another car. Do you really want to be sitting in a seat where your sister was "shaggin"?

22. Gimpy Sleep is not innocent

beter then my first solo drive, I went to work and slammed my thumb in the driver side door, and was unable to drive home because I was unable to shift.
    Congrads btw, just don't run over peds. you don't get points in real life.

23. Herr Logan Registered

You can't do no shaggin' in the driver's seat. And I've got no real indication that she ever really used the car to... to...

For God's sake, as kids we used to drive to the beach for family vacations in that thing! Lizzy, how could you?! :(

24. Wolfwood Shasta McNasty

What could be more badass? My '83 4WD Toyota Truck with its broken windshield and ugly ass burgundy color. Watch out. :cool:

Congrats though Logan! I know what you mean about the anxiety, I had it for a little bit after I got my license, but after a couple of days you get over it and driving becomes second nature, just like breathing. Unless your like the dumbass who backed into my truck at the parking lot...............................

But that will deffinately not be you, I get the "good driver" vibe off of you. Congrats again and heres to safe driving.

BTW you're 23? For some reason I thought you were in your 30s....

25. Herr Logan Registered

Thanks, Gimpy.

No points? But I thought it was 5 for an adult, 7 for an adult with a dog, 10 for a child and 15 for an elderly person. :(