Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm Mobile!

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Herr Logan, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Herr Logan Registered

Thank you kindly, Wolfwood.
    "Good driver" vibe? Oh, man... you are an easy mark.

You though I was in my 30's? Naw, that's just my crustiness and bitterness advancing my apparent age. :cool:

:wolverine

2. Cullen Registered

I'd mock you for waiting for so long to get your license, except I was a wee bit older than you are when I got mine.

I, of course, kid.

I wasn't a wee bit older; I was a hell of a lot older. But that was my lookout. Okay? :)

Congratulation.

3. Herr Logan Registered

Thanks, Sullen Cullen. :)

What was your lookout, and what does that mean in your strange, foreign land?

4. Holly Goodhead Registered

youre 23? thats sad...i got my license when i was 16...

5. Knightsaber Priss Lone Wolf

I'm just picturing Herr Logan pulling a Thelma & Louise and driving off a cliff as the police and the tax man are chasing him.

6. Herr Logan Registered

:up:

7. Herr Logan Registered

Sounds awesome. :)

By the way, the title of this thread is a line from a song by The Who, "Going Mobile," for those that didn't know.

8. Holly Goodhead Registered

well if you cant accept other peoples opinions then dont start threads?

9. Cullen Registered

I was nervous about operating such a large vechile at such speeds. Still am, really.

I've been driving for about four years now and haven't killed any more than I did on my bike. So I might have been obsessing too much. :p

10. SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

People who get their drivers license in their early to mid 20's are smart.

Why?

Because I got mine when I was 17 and guess what happens? Your friends without licenses call you up for rides and you become a free taxi service. :p

But congratulations. And it is very nerving. I'm sure you heard this advice before but drive as much as possible. The more you drive the more experience you gain as a driver. Eventually you won't think anything of it and you'll be driving like you're king of the road.

I've been driving for 7 years now and, honestly, I'm tired of driving. I enjoy walking to certain places now. Good exercise and I don't have to put up with the other idiots on the road.

That's another thing...watch that road rage. I've seen some of the nicest people in the world become raving maniacs behind the wheel. It's like Jekyl and Hyde.

11. Herr Logan Registered

Was it not clear to you that I'm fully aware of how sad the situation is? I kind of expected that anyone who was truly interested in posting here would have actually read the first post and understood that any shallow "that's a bit late, isn't it?" statements have already been taken into consideration and aren't worth mentioning. Even if that was something worth posting, it's been said already.

12. Herr Logan Registered

Road rage? Aw, that's something I'd certainly never have to worry about. ;)

I did a lot of driving today. I drove to the movie theater to meet my girlfriend and we saw "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," then we drove in our respective cars to the grocery story, and then I spent about an hour or so driving around with the groceries in the rain, trying to find my way home. I'm not very good about getting around on my own in terms of geography and direction. I get lost very, very easily. So I took the wrong exit on the Beltway and ended up about 12 miles out of my way. My girlfriend talked me through the way back home on my cell phone and eventually I got back. It was raining pretty hard and I was very close to freaking out entirely. Just when I was really getting to like driving, this happens. Well, I've got to get me some really good maps, and not just the driving directions I always get off of Yahoo. I also need a club so my beautiful, somewhat dented, 12 year-old station wagon doesn't get stolen. I also need to get a GPS system. Not just for in the car, but for getting around on foot. Stupid lousy sense of direction...

13. Holly Goodhead Registered

[​IMG]

14. Herr Logan Registered

See, the thing that really hurts is that you didn't put any thought into trying to insult me, this time or before. That's kind of what I was talking about when I said "entertaining." If you're going to be an attention ****e in someone else's attention ****e thread, the least you can be is put some effort into it.

15. VICTORVONDOOMX Never tell me the odds!

Congrats, Logan! Want to hear something sad? In September, I will have had my liscence for 23 years.:(
    If you ever drive that beatiful station wagon (which I assume you've already dubbed "The Silver Surfer") through Oklahoma, look me up. We'll drink and shoot guns!

16. Knightsaber Priss Lone Wolf

Oh haahahhahahahhahahahah!!!!! :D

17. Herr Logan Registered

I don't shoot guns. I shoot people. :mad:

;)

Silver Surfer, eh? I think that's a damn good replacement for "Shaggin' Wagon!" :up:

18. VICTORVONDOOMX Never tell me the odds!

I made no mention at what (or whom) we would be shooting for legal reasons.

19. Dr.Fear Registered

dont worry herr logan, i got my permit 3 months after turning 18 and i still dont have my license.

20. Herr Logan Registered

Wise as well as ruthless. :o :up:

21. Herr Logan Registered

If you're almost 20 now, your permit must have expired, right?

22. Dr.Fear Registered

nah expires in 5 more years biatch my state is better then urs. i lve in fl btw

23. Herr Logan Registered

Ah, okay. In Maryland, a learner's permit lasts for a year, and you can't get your license until four months after you get the permit. You also have to take two weeks of driver's ed and log 40 hours of driving with a licensed driver over 21. A lot of people just cheat on that one. Me, I needed the practice. Still do.

24. Dr.Fear Registered

how much did that cost ya

25. Herr Logan Registered

For what? The permit, license, driving school and driving mentor? I forget everything but the permit ($50) and paying my friend to drive with me ($10 per hour). Of course, this wasn't my money being spent, you understand?