Waves | A24 Musical

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Lucas Hedges, Sterling K. Brown to Star in Musical ‘Waves’ (EXCLUSIVE)

Oscar nominee Lucas Hedges and Emmy winner Sterling K. Brown are in negotiations to star in A24’s “Waves,” which will be Trey Edward Shults’ follow-up to “It Comes at Night,” sources tell Variety. Shults wrote and will direct the film, which starts production in Florida next month, with the remaining stars being cast now. The pic marks the third collaboration for Shults and A24, who previously worked together on “It Comes at Night” and “Krisha.” Described as a dramatic musical with a fresh spin, the pic is an energetic, affecting anthem of contemporary teenage life. The movie follows two young couples as they navigate the emotional minefield of growing up and falling in love. The film will be almost entirely synchronized to music, mixing some iconic contemporary songs alongside an original score by Academy Award winners Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it.

It Comes at Night was one of my favorites of last year. It'll be interesting to see his take on a musical. It's crazy how Lucas Hedges is getting all these big roles indie wise.

Looking forward to it.

The premise has a lot of potential so yeah, really looking forward to seeing this.

It's crazy how Lucas Hedges is getting all these big roles indie wise.

Both Lucas Hedges & Timothy Chalamet are getting roles left and right. We have had lots of young actresses who broke out big in recent times (JLaw, Stones, Saoirse, Brie, Alicia, Margot??) but not a lot of young actors managed to do the same. Those 2 guys are about to change that.

I hope it's a surprise hit during awards season.

so excited for this. as a DIY debut KRISHA was just a striking accomplishment, and I liked IT COMES AT NIGHT more than most.

Set against the vibrant landscape of South Florida, and featuring an astonishing ensemble of award-winning actors and breakouts alike, Waves traces the epic emotional journey of a suburban African-American family—led by a well-intentioned but domineering father—as they navigate love, forgiveness, and coming together in the aftermath of a loss. From acclaimed director Trey Edward Shults, Waves is a heartrending story about the universal capacity for compassion and growth even in the darkest of times.

This looks incredible.

I am going through some stuff with my family right now and I can't begin to say how much this trailer hit me.

Wasn't a big fan of It Comes at Night but this looks amazing. Marking it down on my watchlist.

I like how in the comments A24 has become almost synonymous with hip and trendy films amongst the young'uns.

Trailer looked really really good. And they had my boy Frank singing Godspeed :up: A24 aside watching the trailer gave me the same feeling when I saw the trailer for Moonlight for the first time.

Is it still a musical?

The trailer looks really promising and A24 has been hitting it out of the park (mostly) lately. I hope a theater near me gets it.

I'm seeing this on Friday at the St. Louis International film festival.

e9d07359dea839eb015066b08cde05f53a24b673.gifv

I watched this last night and thought it was really good. Wasn't the biggest fan of ICAN either, but this director is pretty damn talented in so many areas. The movie is just gorgeous to look at throughout and the performances are all fantastic, especially Streling K. Brown and Kevin Harrison Jr. who I keep seeing getting better and better in each movie he's in. I honestly believe one of the coolest aspects of this movie is seeing it as a showcase for many young and upcoming actors like Taylor Russel, Lucas Hedges and Alexia Demie who was also really good in Euphoria.

8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"