WB/DC: It's All Part Of The Plan

Discussion in 'Man of Steel' started by superbaby, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superbaby

superbaby Well-Known Member

WB, don't try too hard to faithfully continue from SR. afterall, SR is sending wrong messages, and it has too many bad attachments.

you would have no time to introduce new villains, to develop the new plot, the characters of clark kent, superman & lois lane, and to get the public involved if you went to develop the kid storyline; the superman & the kid relationship, the triangular love, to explain richard white and to bring lex luthor back into business.

if you made a faithful sequel of SR, it would only lead you to dead end and kill the superman movie franchise all together.

pls just make a good superman movie. the metallo & brainiac episodes of the animation of superman are some of the examples of a good structure superman film you can refer to.

add -

2. The Kid

The Kid AMERICA FTW

hmmm, doubt it. This is the studio that greenlit a script inwhich superman and his son kill people.

3. Retroman

Retroman Well-Known Member

Source: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Nov/08/br/br0948627351.html

Why is he still involved with the Superman franchise?:huh:

4. KaptainKrypton

KaptainKrypton Well-Known Member

The ink on his involvement dried on the dotted line a long time ago, and at this point he's one of many involved, and definitely not the top dog. After his string of box-office triumphs that was capped off with Wild, Wild, West, I don't think Peters is doing anything at this point but counting his blessings he's even allowed on the Warner lot. WB monitors the comments on sites like this one and Superman Cinema, and I've never heard a positive thing said about Peters, with exception to those who don't know any better at the time. He's what would happen if cancer wore sunglasses and had a seventh grade reading level. I just hope they set him in the corner of every meeting he's at, give him a Lunchable and a ball of yarn, and just allow him to keep himself occupied.

5. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

I just watched the DVD again this weekend, and his name is one of the first two flash across the screen, "A John Peters Film" or something similar.

6. SolidSnakeMGS

SolidSnakeMGS Well-Known Member

No, the director always gets the "A ___ ____ Film" credit, in this case "A Bryan Singer Film". The title credit was "A Jon Peters Production", which still irks me since I loathe the man.

7. superbaby

ya, silly me. what was i thinking.
    why still dreaming... sad.

8. Retroman

I'd feel a whole lot better if he wasn't involved at all.He's one of the main reasons Superman took so long to get off the ground in the first place.But i guess he's got some kind of airtight contract that gives him the right to stay on board.Lets hope for the best.

9. Kabuki_Jo

Kabuki_Jo Well-Known Member

Let's hope for the best indeed.
    Singer + Peters is a combination capable of destroying the Superman Franchise forever.

10. Showtime

As I said, "something similar." :cwink:

It doesn't bother me in the least since he is merely a figurehead and is there to help pump up interest along with merchandising. The man apologized and admited he was wrong. It was crazy times for awhile there at WB.

11. Retroman

Crazy is putting it mildly.:o

12. matrix_ghost

matrix_ghost movie fan

Does he also hold the rights to the superman character :huh:
    I mean to stay that long attached to the franchise , it can't be that WB contractually obliged to use him with the movie ....right ?

Or is he also involved as one of the (WB) people who bring the the $$$ for the budget

13. Retroman

I'm not 100% sure but i think Peters co-owns the rights to new Superman movies.Not sure for how long.

14. Showtime

He's a non-factor and is actually a merchandising guru, which helps with the extras.

15. Pickle-El

Pickle-El Well-Known Member

If this was true, SR's 2nd weekend would have been something like 7 million dollars......as the initial flock from the first week was disgusted, and POTC2 was cleaning up the rest with 135 Million over 3 days. Oh, and SR would have been dead at about 80-100 Million dollars. That would have been the death of a new Superman franchise.

Obviously, that didn't happen, did it?

16. Kabuki_Jo

Kabuki_Jo Well-Known Member

No, it didn't...but what exactly is your point?

17. matthooper

matthooper Well-Known Member

Almost. If $200 million was the point where Sony decided whether to make a sequel, then it made just 81 thousand dollars more than it needed. Cutting it pretty close I'd say.

Do you have any idea how many movies have made more money? ...70, 70 movies have made more. Including stuff like Signs, Rush Hour 2, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Armageddon, MI:2, Meet the Fockers.....My Big Fat Greek Wedding made more!

The public voted with their movie dollars and decided that Rush Hour 2 was better. Pretty sad. This is Superman for heavens sake!

Whether smeone liked it or not is not the point, as far as BO goes, it was a huge dissapointment.

18. CConn

CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Shockingly, most consider SR to be a good Superman movie.

19. BareKnucklez

BareKnucklez Well-Known Member

Shocking! Where are these people you speak off because the majority of the fan base spoke up clearly when the movie failed to even beat BATMAN BEGINS at the boxoffice domestically.

Let alone live up to the hype... People simply didn't like the movie overall, and the boxoffice numbers don't lie...

20. superbaby

bingo! SR is such a huge let down. it's senseless and pointless. seriously, Singer had no idea to do a superman movie, aside of copying directly scene by scene from STM.

21. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

:o:whatever::cool:

22. Mentok

Mentok Well-Known Member

Its sending the wrong messages?

Thay are already doing that.

You lack any vision. I can think of over a dozen different ways to move from SR all sticking heavily with the SR plot.

Its pointless to worry about that anyway since SR was supposed to end the Donner films and provide an opening into a newer universe (something it didnt do very well)

23. chosen1

chosen1 Well-Known Member

I call for a redo.

24. Dark_Lord

Dark_Lord Dark Lord of the Sith

These threads need to stop cause you already know that WB will go with Singer and continue from SR....Deal with it.
    If you dont like it then dont watch the sequel. Wait for this Superman franchise to end and wait for the next one.

25. phil

phil Well-Known Member

SR is a big slap in the face to Superman, They don't get it, they think the only problem was the lack of action. It's sad that there will be a sequel. We got a weak Superman and we will get another one that will hurt the Superman movie business. Singer was the absolute worse thing that has ever happened to the Man of Steel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.