Age of Ultron We have found four Infinity Stones

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
When Thor talks to Stark about the Infinity Stones, he mentions four. The audience knows four: The Tesseract, the Aether, the Orb, and the Scepter, but the Avengers only know three. Now its possible Thor saw it in his vision (not sure that makes things much better since he still doesn't know who the Guardians are), but Tony should have at least been somewhat confused.

Should we chalk this up as an inconsistency or can it be explained? Do I get a No-Prize?

I watched it again and when Thor enters the Waters of Sight he clearly has a vision of the Power Stone along with the Tesseract, the Aether and the Mind Stone. He doesn't need to know who the Guardians are. All he knows is that there are four stones. As far as Tony not acting confused Tony wouldn't likely have known about the Aether either so basically he just needs to trust Thor on this stuff.

He saw the fourth stone in his vision. No inconsistency there

I watched it again and when Thor enters the Waters of Sight he clearly has a vision of the Power Stone along with the Tesseract, the Aether and the Mind Stone. He doesn't need to know who the Guardians are. All he knows is that there are four stones. As far as Tony not acting confused Tony wouldn't likely have known about the Aether either so basically he just needs to trust Thor on this stuff.
Agreed.

Yeah, regardless of how it was used, he saw the power stone in his vision, thus knows about it

I guess the better question would be how does he know there's two more, when "time" and "soul" were not included in his vision
did he see the full gauntlet? i forget

Yeah, regardless of how it was used, he saw the power stone in his vision, thus knows about it

I guess the better question would be how does he know there's two more, when "time" and "soul" were not included in his vision
did he see the full gauntlet? i forget

I have to see it again but yes I believe he does.

When Thor talks to Stark about the Infinity Stones, he mentions four. The audience knows four: The Tesseract, the Aether, the Orb, and the Scepter, but the Avengers only know three. Now its possible Thor saw it in his vision (not sure that makes things much better since he still doesn't know who the Guardians are), but Tony should have at least been somewhat confused.

Should we chalk this up as an inconsistency or can it be explained? Do I get a No-Prize?

You're on point. Makes no sense unless Thor knows about the events of GOTG and hasn't told the Avengers.

Perhaps The Collector reached out to Asgard after GOTG and told them someone was after The Power Gem.

You're on point. Makes no sense unless Thor knows about the events of GOTG and hasn't told the Avengers.

Perhaps The Collector reached out to Asgard after GOTG and told them someone was after The Power Gem.

No he saw the four stones in the vision. It's in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"