"We Hurt The Ones We Love The Most"

This is all FOX's fault, if they'd just waited on Singer finishing SR then none of this would've happened

Aiden said:
This is all FOX's fault, if they'd just waited on Singer finishing SR then none of this would've happened

If they had waitied for Singer, this film would never had been made at all.

Singer said he would do it. FOX just wanted this movie out before SR

If they just had waited instead of pursuing with an unfiinshed script turned in by two hacks and directed by one of the least appealing choices while deciding for no reason to take a major **** on the comics along the way and kill the leader of the team off in the first 10 minutes.

This almost sounds like a joke really.

o no not cyclops...
i feel bad for all of you...:(
but is there anything said about Rogue and the cure???

Aiden said:
Singer said he would do it. FOX just wanted this movie out before SR

FOX had the release date in mind for a long time. If FOX had waited for Singer to finish all of his dream projects, they risked losing their entire cast. Singer left, period. There was no looking back after that. That was the end of the chapter.

What else was FOX supposed to do? Sit around tapping their feet and druming their fingers until Singer was done doing whatever he was doing? Were the cast and crew expected to do the same? They have a business to run. Yes, a business. They had done two films and were going to do a third. They had a window of opportunity to operate in and they did the best they could. They hired a new director, had much of the previous cast ready to go, and off they went. We may not be too happy with the procedures, but they did what they had to do to get the film done and out.

It's like a football team. They have a game to play, but the quarterback is off doing commercial endorsements. What does the coach do? Wait until the quarterback is done filming his deodorant commercial? Or do they put in the back-up quarterback and play the game? You do what you have to do to get the job done. Sure, you may lose, but you still did the best you could do under the circumstances.

Jan Irisi said:
What else was FOX supposed to do? Sit around tapping their feet and druming their fingers until Singer was done doing whatever he was doing?

No, but not taking their sweet time after x-2 was a hit could have solved it...

aany tragic new about Rogue also???
*say no* *please*

Jan Irisi said:
FOX had the release date in mind for a long time. If FOX had waited for Singer to finish all of his dream projects, they risked losing their entire cast. Singer left, period. There was no looking back after that. That was the end of the chapter.

What else was FOX supposed to do? Sit around tapping their feet and druming their fingers until Singer was done doing whatever he was doing? Were the cast and crew expected to do the same? They have a business to run. Yes, a business. They had done two films and were going to do a third. They had a window of opportunity to operate in and they did the best they could. They hired a new director, had much of the previous cast ready to go, and off they went. We may not be too happy with the procedures, but they did what they had to do to get the film done and out.

It's like a football team. They have a game to play, but the quarterback is off doing commercial endorsements. What does the coach do? Wait until the quarterback is done filming his deodorant commercial? Or do they put in the back-up quarterback and play the game? You do what you have to do to get the job done. Sure, you may lose, but you still did the best you could do under the circumstances.
Good point

CapBeerCino said:
No, but not taking their sweet time after x-2 was a hit could have solved it...

Perhaps they always ran on the assumption that Singer was going to do X3. (yes, you can get into trouble when you assume) I recall many tiny reports that stated that Singer etal were working on drafts of scripts and such. And then suddenly, it was announced he was signed to direct Superman. I remember that blow to the gut. I remember saying to myself "Where did that come from? He said he had been working on drafts for X3...wtf?"

Yes, FOX should have signed him to do X3 right off the bat. Perhaps they tried? Do we know if they made an effort? DO we really know what went on between FOX and Singer? Will we ever really know? We can assume all we want what happened, but we may never really know. Singer had offices on the FOX lot apparently. And then he didn't. Perhaps the terms FOX was offering Singer at the time were not acceptable. Perhaps Singer balked at the thought of returning to direct another X-men film for reasons of his own, regardless of what he was being offered. We don't really know.

But the fact is that Singer left. The door was closed. New director brought in. We can look back and coulda-woulda-shoulda all we want. But in the end, we must face the fact that Singer is gone now. FOX moved on with a new director. They faced a steep mountain to climb to get this thing done and they managed to do it. It may be good or it may well be a steaming pile of dog doo, but they got it done. They really had no choice. They risked losing everything had they not moved forward. The risked losing the cast, the time-slot, and they risked losing the film itself.

Jan Irisi said:

I see your point, back a football team contracts their quarterback, after the huge success of x-men and x2, fox should have gave Singer a huge contract offer, but they didn't, if your were singer, how would you feel, you made two awesome films, and Fox hasn't thrown a contract at you for more films, that was kind of a slap in the face to him, I got a feeling he waited for fox to approach him on x3, and when they didn't, he decided to move on, football players do this offten......

JokerNick said:
I see your point, back a football team contracts their quarterback, after the huge success of x-men and x2, fox should have gave Singer a huge contract offer, but they didn't, if your were singer, how would you feel, you made two awesome films, and Fox hasn't thrown a contract at you for more films, that was kind of a slap in the face to him, I got a feeling he waited for fox to approach him on x3, and when they didn't, he decided to move on, football players do this offten......

But read my other post. Do we in fact know that FOX didn't offer him anything? Maybe they just went along with the assumption that Singer was going to follow through with X3. Perhaps they were wrong to go on that assumtion and they got stung in their corporate butt for assuming. We did have reports that Singer etal were working on a story for X3.

also, I can relate to Singer, I'm an intern right now, I'm busting my butt for this lawfirm, I'm making them money, now once I get farther along in school, I really hope they offer to bring me on after I graduate, if I don't hear anything as my graduation date approaches, I'm going to look around eslewhere for a job, Singer had to look out for himself, that comes first, if a company is too lazy or to inept to realize what they might be lossing, well it's their loss and their fault..... not the person moving on....

Jan Irisi said:
But read my other post. Do we in fact know that FOX didn't offer him anything? Maybe they just went along with the assumption that Singer was going to follow through with X3. Perhaps they were wrong to go on that assumtion and they got stung in their corporate butt for assuming. We did have reports that Singer etal were working on a story for X3.

and that shows you that Singer was interested in doing x3, so we have to assume Fox dropped the ball in bringing him back.......

JokerNick said:
also, I can relate to Singer, I'm an intern right now, I'm busting my butt for this lawfirm, I'm making them money, now once I get farther along in school, I really hope they offer to bring me on after I graduate, if I don't hear anything as my graduation date approaches, I'm going to look around eslewhere for a job, Singer had to look out for himself, that comes first, if a company is too lazy or to inept to realize what they might be lossing, well it's their loss and their fault..... not the person moving on....

I'm not saying that what either party did was right or wrong. I'm just saying that we really don't know what went on behind the scenes. FOX fumbled the ball by not signing Singer earlier (or maybe they tried to sign him and failed). They fumbled big time. But they had to move on even after that fumble, just like a football team. I'm not faulting Singer either for finding a better deal. But he did move on, and FOX had to move on too.

JokerNick said:
and that shows you that Singer was interested in doing x3, so we have to assume Fox dropped the ball in bringing him back.......

It shows us that possibly FOX thought that there was no problem and that the thing was moving ahead. Yup, they were no doubt wrong to assume. But what's done is done.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Um, no offense but...did you even read my thread? It's purpose is not to speculate on what the sequence of movie events might be.

Rather we are taking about kind of emotional impact Scott's death would have on audiences--and whether it's a good enough reason to bring Dark Phoenix into the storyline.

*smiles pleasantly*

:cool:

I agree with you. When reading the book, if it holds true, his deaths and another do have some emotional impact on not only Jean but other characters as well. It seems to be one of the most realistic ways to introduce Dark Phoenix, however my concern is over how poorly or little he may be referenced after his death. I would like to think his death would impact other people....but they just don't seem to be indicating that his deaths or others impact other characters very much. That could cause the audience to lose sympathy and may overshadow the Phoenix's change from the events....making them less realistic. However, I have faith and think it will do exactly as LS' has indicated and I for one, am not as against to his death as I should be as I see it could create some strong emotion in this film. Even in thinking that, I must admit it is still kind of sad.

Jan Irisi said:
I'm not saying that what either party did was right or wrong. I'm just saying that we really don't know what went on behind the scenes. FOX fumbled the ball by not signing Singer earlier (or maybe they tried to sign him and failed). They fumbled big time. But they had to move on even after that fumble, just like a football team. I'm not faulting Singer either for finding a better deal. But he did move on, and FOX had to move on too.

yes, they both did, but as you said earlier, Singer did want to do x3, so the ball was in Fox's court........... I guess, I kinda do hope x3 fails, I mean, as much as I want it to be good, I don't, it would be such a wake up call to Fox, but it could be a double edged sword, they could either say forget it to the x-men franchise, or maybe they would try to bring singer back for another sequel or spin-off.....

I think the best thing would be for fox to sell the rights to Marvel entertainment, Stan Lee is in charge of that, and he admires Singer alot...... so there is slight hope we could see a Singer directed x-men film in the future

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"