• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

We MIGHT have a Justice League Director...

Please lord not McNugget!! Next someone will tell us Jon Peters is producing and Wonder Woman will have to have cold eyes of a killer or some crap. The more I hear about this movie (No Manhunter, John Stewart not Hal Jordan, crap villains, possible crap director - McG), the less and less faith I have in it bieng good. I'm underwhelmed

So you ignore the good news? Oh, okay...:whatever:

According to IESB, their sources say that if Miller falls through "there is another..."

Sources tell IESB that the WB would be happy with Miller or Joseph McGinty Nichol (better known as McG) as director for the Justice leage project.

if they go with McG.....then the JLA film is in trouble of actually being any good.....:mad:

They should go with Wolfgang Petersen ahead of McHACK!

I remember reading somewhere that George Miller is a big Wonder Woman fan and he wanted to direct the film but Joel Silver declined. I don't know if that's true or not. Does anyone have any info about that?

Miller is a good director and I'd be very interested to see what he'd do with the Justice League or Wonder Woman film.

But this McG thing has to be a very evil jest! :mad:

I guess some of you have forgotten about the story in Happy Feet. He's probably going to pump some of his hippy tree-hugging political agenda into the Justice League. If he can put a political spin on a children's movie, I'm afraid what he's going to do with a movie called the "Justice" League. I wonder what kind of "Justice" he'll have in mind, it's going to like Batman and Superman takes on big business or something and it'll be renamed the "Social Justice League"...

I guess some of you have forgotten about the story in Happy Feet. He's probably going to pump some of his hippy tree-hugging political agenda into the Justice League. If he can put a political spin on a children's movie, I'm afraid what he's going to do with a movie called the "Justice" League. I wonder what kind of "Justice" he'll have in mind, it's going to like Batman and Superman takes on big business or something and it'll be renamed the "Social Justice League"...
:o I completely agree! I hate it when Hollywood keeps cramming their left-wing ,commi-liberal agenda down our throats. It certainly has no place in a JLA film!

Animals do need their natural habitat. Animated ones would naturally show an emotional connection to it.

But if you care about the JL at all you know that a lot of their heroism involves social justice. Oh, and if you were Superman, would you really be concerned about the almighty dollar?

Supes is almost as left wing as Ollie was. Diana? Not a capitalist. Hal? Very big picture guy. Barry? First and foremost a scientist. Jonn? He's the ultimate alien.

Bruce, well he destroys hundreds of millions a year destroying equipment he's built fighting crime.

Who in the JL movie is even remotely a conservative? Perhaps they can add Budget Bible Man to show the writers aren't commies.

George Miller is a JLA fan. The cophouse in Mad Max is nicknamed the Hall of Justice. He is also a big Wonder Woman (he was supposed to direct it in the 90's). So you know he's going to treat her with respect, which is a good thing if you ask me.

Animals do need their natural habitat. Animated ones would naturally show an emotional connection to it.

But if you care about the JL at all you know that a lot of their heroism involves social justice. Oh, and if you were Superman, would you really be concerned about the almighty dollar?

Supes is almost as left wing as Ollie was. Diana? Not a capitalist. Hal? Very big picture guy. Barry? First and foremost a scientist. Jonn? He's the ultimate alien.

Bruce, well he destroys hundreds of millions a year destroying equipment he's built fighting crime.

Who in the JL movie is even remotely a conservative? Perhaps they can add Budget Bible Man to show the writers aren't commies.

Superman is a conservative, actually.

But that really doesn't matter, because it's ridiculous to say that he's going to turn the Justice League film into one big piece of political propaganda. the "Hate-first" ground, otherwise doesn't have a leg to stand on so in their minds the only way to discredit this director is to start drama where there is none.

In the comics the Justice League is rather balanced politically. You have liberals such as Green Arrow, Red Arrow, Black Canary, the Atom, and Kyle Rayner. You have conservatives such as Barry Allen, Wally West, Aquaman, Black Lightning and Hawkman. Moderates such as Hal Jordan and Superman. And completely apolitical characters such as Batman, Wonder Woman, and the Martian Manhunter.

I don't see the need to make excuses. NAM made over $573 million. Irrespective of the time it was released, the competition it went up against, or the negative amount of reviews it had, people went out to see this film (a lot of people all over the world). If it were as bad as you say it was, it wouldn't have made that much money.

I NEVER said it was THAT bad. DON'T PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. If we're going to have a discussion, then you better deal with what I actually say, instead of making things up. I saw it, I didn't hate it, but I didn't think it was great either. Critical response was NOT horrible, 44% at Rotten Tomatoes means that roughly half the critics thought the movie was generally good, although overall the critics leaned towards the negative. User response at IMDB is 6.5, indicating a movie they liked but didn't think was great either.

You realize that lots of films have these elements and still don't do well. Who's making up excuses now?

Excuses? Those are facts. Museum had a ton of things going in its favor. It was basically the only thing families would take their kids to during that big holiday movie season.

Just because SOME movies have big stars, or CGI and fail anyway doesn't mean you can dismiss all the things that helped Museum.

Sill making up excuses. Kids are usually the hardest customers to satisfy

SURE THEY ARE. Especially when it comes to analyzing movies for things like acting and plot. :whatever:

(a lot of them hate spinach and veggies).

A completely bizarre and irrelevant thing to add to your post.

Just ask the toy industry. Kids usually lose interest in a product very fast. That's why they are always trying to come up with a new toy or game every few months or so.

Toys are the same things as movies? Especially when Museum was THE thing to see during this holiday season, and got a free ride through January by stomping all the horrible and shelved reject movies?

Don't try to knock this film by saying that kids will like anything because that's just not true. None of the TNMT films did as well as NAM and kids supposedly love the toys.

Each and every one of the TMNT movies was a March release. Not quite the prime release date that Museum had. In addition, Ninja Turtle mania was already dying down by the time most of those movies came out.

No, I'm not. I am sure that you and a number of others on this thread are members of that club,

Are you accusing ME of trying to damage Museum's score at IMDB by voting numerous times? Yeah, whatever. :whatever:

and yes, I am sure that Ben Stiller fanboys may have tampered with the data as well. That's why I said that the data there is questionable.

So if there's a possibility of tampering on BOTH SIDES, and you don't have ANY proof either way, then you can't use tampering as an argument.

Read this paragraph and you will understand.

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

I know what a freaking median and mean is. That's elementary school math there. Still doesn't make a worthy point for your argument.

The voting breakdowns for Museum are not anywhere near as slanted as that "1 billionaire among paupers" example. "6" was the second most voted rating out there.

Even you are saying that a 6.5 is not bad, but yet you are saying that the film was bad. I don't get it.

NO I'M NOT. I thought the movie was so-so. So did the critics. Apparently, most people liked it but didn't think it was amazing either.

There's a first time for everything. Isn't it? I wouldn't say that he was a mutant because he wasn't born that way. Let's say that he acquired super powers in the same accident.

They changed Doom's ethnic/national background (Latveria was merely name-dropped, he was basically an American businessman in the movie), his motivations, his power level, his abilities, and his intellect. Movie Doom was DINO.

Wouldn't it have been awesome too if Magneto got turned into a crazy separatist militia, midwest American type? First time for everything, right? :whatever:

And classic Doom isn't about "acquired super powers" either.

"Titanic" didn't either, but it was a great (and serious) movie. Are you trying to say that serious movies have to have fighting throughout? You know that's not necessarily true.

Holy freaking crap. Was this a serious question? Do you not understand things this badly, or are you outright trying to bull**** me?

Batman and Spider-Man were not epics (you can't compare them to films like "The Godfather" or "Lawrence of Arabia". I think you are using the wrong term.

Way to IGNORE the entire part that I BOLDED just for you, and miss the entire point.

Jesus Christ. :whatever:

There was more than one rescue in that film.
Aside from the London Eye, there was the scene on top of the Baxter Building where Ben saved Alicia from the helicopter and the other scene where Sue was revived by the Silver Surfer (thats a form of rescue).

I'm talking about the first FF movie. One fight, one rescue.

Superman had only two actual fights out of the 5 films that were made over the last 30 years and two of the films were gems. I don't see why FF should be criticized for the lack of that.

Superman had more than "two actual fights," and furthermore he had PLENTY of rescues. On the most recent Superman movie, Returns, the lack of fighting IS one of the common complaints about it.

This whole thing on Night at the Museum and Shawn Levy isn't even that relevant to the topic of this thread, and it shouldn't have gone on as long as it has.

I'm tired of discussing this subject with you, especially when you obviously aren't even reading what I say carefully.

Just get Doug Liman to do this movie or Green Lantern and call it a day.

That's all we need, Superman and Batman chaining themselves to trees...

I admit I'm a conservative, but I'm not wishing for a conservative spin either. I simply don't want some political agenda mixed into a movie that should be simply about good versus evil. But it just so happens that the political agenda in question is to the left, but I guess it's just more likely since liberals are more proactive when it comes to forcing their point of view onto others than conservatives are.

If a conservative is making a movie, it CAN have a political message in it, but it doesn't have to, but if a liberal is making a movie, you're damn sure he or she's going to put a political message in the movie... Kind of annoying actually, what ever happened to just writing a good script just to write a good script, why must they feel compelled to condescendingly force their opinions onto others like they think their opinions are somehow worth more than those of us "normal" people...

I remember reading somewhere that George Miller is a big Wonder Woman fan and he wanted to direct the film but Joel Silver declined. I don't know if that's true or not. Does anyone have any info about that?

Miller is a good director and I'd be very interested to see what he'd do with the Justice League or Wonder Woman film.

But this McG thing has to be a very evil jest! :mad:

George Miller is a JLA fan. The cophouse in Mad Max is nicknamed the Hall of Justice. He is also a big Wonder Woman (he was supposed to direct it in the 90's). So you know he's going to treat her with respect, which is a good thing if you ask me.

really? i didnt know that. dudes how much more perfect can this guy be?

come what may on Miller and the JLA project, us WW fans may have found the our director :up:

really? i didnt know that. dudes how much more perfect can this guy be?

come what may on Miller and the JLA project, us WW fans may have found the our director :up:

Hmm maybe he was approached to direct a DC movie and he has a choice? I'd LOVE him on either WW or JLA and personally I dont care if Flash and GL are introduced in JLA first, but it's be great for the trinity to each have their own films first :D

Hmm maybe he was approached to direct a DC movie and he has a choice? I'd LOVE him on either WW or JLA and personally I dont care if Flash and GL are introduced in JLA first, but it's be great for the trinity to each have their own films first :D

haha yeah. it seems like the more i learn about this guy the more he's starting to look like he's "The Chosen One". i'm getting that funly chicken dance fever coming on again :woot:

is that avatar from a sharkweek episode?

Thats a big mutha F-IN shark.

WB's,

Stick with the choice of George Miller and let him roll with the JLA film!

JUST DO IT!

Eh. No matter who they get what they do. This is all screams of rushing this out to beat Marvel to the punch before they release Avengers...and that tells me what kind of movie this will be.

Justice League of America: The Last Stand. Yep sir.

Watch Brett Ratner direct. :o

This seems rushed to you. :huh:

Yes. The sudden rush on interest when Marvel suddenly decides it's going to build up to the Avengers just screams out:

''Oh ****! They are gonna one up us again! Get that movie out now. Forbode everything! Hire that guy that did that Penguin movie! Screw solo movies and sequels. We gotta get this out there now. Quality be damned."

''But sir, the fans..."

''Eh, they'll still see it."

:confused:

Yes, cause the movie will be in theaters next year.

Yes. The sudden rush on interest when Marvel suddenly decides it's going to build up to the Avengers just screams out:

''Oh ****! They are gonna one up us again! Get that movie out now. Forbode everything! Hire that guy that did that Penguin movie! Screw solo movies and sequels. We gotta get this out there now. Quality be damned."

''But sir, the fans..."

''Eh, they'll still see it."

Agreed. Marvel is playing it smart in that they're taking their time with Avengers. Naturally, this JLA director buzz may be total BS (but, where there's smoke there's usually a fire), but if it's true, it stinks of a X3 or FF/FF2 debacle. When big projects like this one are rushed, it shows in the final product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WarMachine95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"