World Web shooter shop class

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm pretty much signing off of this forum. Hopefully, the next generation of Spidey fans will be able to complete this. I'm going to college this fall and I might be able to take both a welding course, and an adhesive/plastic creation class. If I end up having any breakthroughs, I'll let you guys know. I did manage to make the most basic shooter, but it was more like a gun than a wrist mounted shooter.

Here is all you really need. You need a pressure vessel, a liquid storage chamber, and a nozzle. I used a CO2 bike inflator with tubing connecting to a steel tube with a nozzle. The steel tube contains a liquid. Press the trigger and the fluid flies out. That's all you need to do really.

To do this with a bracelet, get a little steel tube that is attached to a bracelet. Use a co2 cartridge that is punctured and led into the tube. Use a valve to regulate it.

For the cartridge, I recommend condensing as much fluid as possible. To do that you must make a check/spring valve in the cartridge. I will do this by attaching two disks to a spring that is a little bigger than a tube. The tube will have two washers welded onto each end. A needle will push through the hole in the washer, pushing a disk down. When the needle is extracted, the spring will push the disk to cover the hole.

That is really all you need to know. Those were the biggest problems that I had with the shooter, but I don't have the skills to complete this portion.

Goodbye, and good luck for college! It was nice meeting you! Thank you for all your help.

Come on, Guys! Just because White Widow left doesn't mean this forum should die!!!!!!!!

BTW, I am pressurizing my cartrige with helium from a party store.

Hello sorry i had to sign off here for a while until i formulate some more ideas. But i was looking at a previous post on the original thread and saw something that caught my eye. WW posted on a character called REd x. A character in the teen titans series. Red x suit is powered by xenothium and basically he can create several different things using this element. One of these objects were a very sticky paste like substances which he us to tie to cars together and restrain beast boy. I'm trying to get in touch with him now. And see what he is working with. But i would love to hear what you guys have so far and i'll see if i can help. :woot:

What if the spinneret spun when liquid passed through it, like the fluid itself turned it. That would make it considerably smaller.

No problem! So far my design is PVC cartridges pressurized with helium, one cartridge with half of the formula and the other cartridge has the other half. When a force sensitive resistor is pressed it opens both into one tube, mixing the two. Then it flows through the tube and is spun into strands of fluid by flowing through a specially made spinneret that spins from the fluid passing through it. What do you guys think?

awesome, I'm going for something similar to silly string, but stronger stickier and pressurized more.

I am not entirely sure yet. Mostly I'll be using a test formula to start, but I don't have anything definate yet.

Now, just to be clear, this is Shooters, and the other forum is formula. Somewhere it seem to have switched. :)

Alright, I need test the web shooters. Unfortunately, I am knee deep in projects already... making a hovercraft, making an engine, making a Captain America costume for the movie release... I'll get back to you guys in a month, two months, tops. Until then, goodbye, and good luck!

I'm going to try and make the first test shooter, this is going to be the worst looking one.

Hey guys! I'm BACK!!! Well at least a little. I won't be as obsessive with the site as I used to be. (and trust me I was.) So here's the situation. I have forgotten most of what I learned on this project. I can't understand my explanations for some of the device components, and I'm pretty sure that some of you are ahead of me on this project. Luckily however, I found my old notebook on this stuff. I relearned all I could on the web shooter, and I've scrapped the formula due to a flaw with it's structure. I hadn't considered reactivity with a few plastic components.

So that's the bad news. The good news however is that soon, I'll be much more prepared for this project. I will be taking a plastics/adhesives class where we will get to make our own glues and polymers. I am also taking a welding course, so soon I can make the shooter itself. Finally, I got a camera so that I can post pictures when I get them.

Now I want to bring up another material for the cuff.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qs_Z1koeM...e-image-web-shooters-hi-res-ew-branded-01.jpg

I'm sure all of you have seen this picture. I'd like to thank MR. Aydin for showing me this and for getting me into this project again. The point of this is that the cuff can be made of any material as long as it can be connected to a piece that is sturdy enough for the cartridges.

I'm still going to pop in and out on this project but when I come forward with a break through, you'll know about it. This time, I think I can at least make a shooter.

Last edited:
So to start things off, I realize that I was being a tool about hogging information that I had. I also realize that while I understood what I was typing at the time, it was only because I had an image in my head. With that in mind, I will try to simplify my language so that everyone can understand it. Also, and this is very important. ARGUE WITH ME. Argueing or debating allows for me to question my work. This allows for better designs and thus a faster project. To kick off, I will share my last drawn designs. I had these and I showed them to a few of you that I was working a bit more in detail.
web_shooter_break_down_by_technolgytheorist-d41mtfk.jpg

I understand that it might be hard to understand due to the poor quality, but this is the best design for me so far.

Now, many of you requested square cartridges instead of tube ones. They work better for pressure when you can't compress the fluid.

cartridge_designs_by_technolgytheorist-d41muuf.jpg

The tube on the right is a co2 cartridge. The one on the left is a fluid container. The red pieces are the one that plug the holes. The needles push the red piece. The yellow is a tube that connect to the pipe that holds the needle that punctures the co2 and pushes the fluid.

Last edited:
So some of you have been curious about what I was describing, when I was talking about the web spinner.
spinnerette_by_technolgytheorist-d41my3k.jpg

Now the circles fire out lines in a straight line. The rectangles were spaces on a ring where lines could be created. That ring would spin. As the fluid expands it would bond to the inner strands. I changed the design so that there was a turbine instead of a motor and pressure changed the speed of the motor. This is kind of confusing but the principle is simple. Spin the outer strands faster to make a line. Spin the outer strands slower to make a web.

Hey! Glad to see you back on again! Everything sounds good so far. I'l go over it a couple more times and let you know if i find anything wrong or that could be improved.

Wooooooooohooooooooooo! Good to have you back! I have a design idea I dying to test, I just have to go to the store and get some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"